The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 5 - Kings 2 - 03/02/13

Strombone1

It was talked about on the Team 1040, following the game, that Barker would have suited up if Bieksa couldn't play (groin), and that Ballard was simply not going to play tonight. I just find it fishy that he goes from a 5/6 guy to #8 on our depth chart overnight, something is going down.

When Henrik went after Doughty in front of the net, I knew the boys came to play tonight.

Today they seemed to be on a mission to ensure that everyone knows they wont be pushed around.

Solid game by the boys tonight.

They made a good observation on after hours when they said, Vancouver started changing angles on their shots by moving laterally.

I wonder if that helped because Quick looked VERY ordinary tonight.

Also what are people thoughts of our gameplan in the 3rd.

Chip the puck out, and play the trap...

It worked today but LA definitely had a lot of pressure in our zone.

I think I was ok with doing that with a 2 goal lead and another game tomorrow in Calgary BUT if it was a 1 goal lead, I don't think we should do that because all it takes is a bad bounce in our zone for a tied game.

Thoughts?

Great game by everyone, nice bounce back performance for CS and the Sedins just dominated the Queens.

Sestito's debut is good, made a huge hit, and broke Nolan's nose. After that beatdown the Queens were quieter, especially Clifford who was a non factor, he's usually chippy against us.

Bieksa - I loved that he shoved and got in the skin of that POS Williams, i hate that guy for some reason (maybe cause he looks kinda like Keith).

Raymond and Hansen props for the hard work and snipe show.

Now lets get to Cowtown and humiliate the f7ames even more infront of their fans. :)

Thing with Briere is, his contract is still a 6.5m cap hit. In terms of actual salary he's making 7m this year, and 3 mil next year, 2 mil following that. So his cap hit would be much higher than his salary, which doesn't work for a cap team like us, but a salary floor team like NYI or FLA is probably foaming at the mouth to get him.

I think aside from the Schneider - Alberts gaffe, Alberts was pretty good tonight.

The Canucks are lucky to have a depth guy like Alberts, most teams would play him every night (Calgary- I am talking about you) . Best effort from the Canucks all season, I believe in them this year, they can play to win, they showed that Saturday night.

I agree that Alberts size was probably the reason he was chosen for tonight. Although in the muscle department Ballard is no push-over.

But what pss me off about AV is he can't help but stir the pot when he doesn't have to. He does it with his goalies, he does it with Kesler, and now he does it once again with Ballard. What I'm talking about is his post game interview when asked why Ballard was scratched in favour of Alberts. His answer?.."I went with the guys I thought could win" What a bleep. He could have just as easily said "Because we are playing a big team like LA, tonight I wanted to dress more size" Simple, and you don't screw with the head of one of your defenseman, one that has been playing above par all season.

Vintage Sedinery tonight. Watching those 2 dangle around the ice makes me want to hunt down Bettman for stealing 4 months of this. Then on After Hours, Scott Oake trying to pump Hanks tires - and Hank just makes some self depreciating comments and says the 'team' was great tonight. Humble and cordial, cheapshotting hot shots in the NHL take notice of this great guy - learn to be a little more like him. The game would be better off.

Tanev continues to be stellar. Doesn't matter who he's paired with, they always come out smelling like roses.

Sestito was interesting given he didn't know the teams system. He was taking runs at whoever was in his tracks tonight. Lol.

Garrison is quietly regaining his stellar form (+3 tonight). He looks more comfortable with the system and looked rockstar on his offside next to Hamhuis tonight. The underlying numbers don't lie, he's a great defensive d-man.

Ballard got what's coming IMO. He's a veteran who makes $4.2M. He was terrible in Phx, and hasn't looked good since Tanev left his side. Tanev will do this to anyone. So I don't blame AV for doghousing him.

Time to light up the Flames :frantic:

Alberts was responsible for both GA. on the first he took a questionable penalty, on the second he lost his check and did some kind of belly flop. Astonishing how he plays ahead of Ballard - which the entire situation is kind of fishy (I think he's in the process of being dealt). And then Cherry commends Alberts for being physical...

Anyways, shoudl be Luongo tomorrow night, give Schneider a break. Maybe we will see the debut of Barker?

Vintage Sedinery tonight. Watching those 2 dangle around the ice makes me want to hunt down Bettman for stealing 4 months of this. Then on After Hours, Scott Oake trying to pump Hanks tires - and Hank just makes some self depreciating comments and says the 'team' was great tonight. Humble and cordial, cheapshotting hot shots in the NHL take notice of this great guy - learn to be a little more like him. The game would be better off.

Tanev continues to be stellar. Doesn't matter who he's paired with, they always come out smelling like roses.

Sestito was interesting given he didn't know the teams system. He was taking runs at whoever was in his tracks tonight. Lol.

Garrison is quietly regaining his stellar form (+3 tonight). He looks more comfortable with the system and looked rockstar on his offside next to Hamhuis tonight. The underlying numbers don't lie, he's a great defensive d-man.

Ballard got what's coming IMO. He's a veteran who makes $4.2M. He was terrible in Phx, and hasn't looked good since Tanev left his side. Tanev will do this to anyone. So I don't blame AV for doghousing him.

Archived