Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[PGT] Canucks 5 - Kings 2 - 03/02/13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
244 replies to this topic

#241 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,795 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

I love how we have resident hockey experts like you on this board...
dude, you know why you don't get any respect from me?
I still remember your post from YEARS ago in which you went to watch Canucks training camp.

Its fricking training camp and you were predicting solid seasons from a bunch of nobodies because they were picking top corners like it was taking candy from a baby. Problem was, you were so confident about it too. Guess what, that was an NHL training camp and believe it or not, anybody that has a shot of making it can pick top corners.

Someone then was bugging you about your credentials and I believe it was Junior A or something but who really cares?

One thing I learned about you from that post was you came out overly confident with your predictions but the players you were so matter of factly saying would have solid seasons didn't pan out.

I would personally take Babcock or Quenville over AV anyday of the week because those guys knows systems as well as players

God I wish I could find that thread because I need a good laugh

I didn't want to come at you like that but some of your comments are so condescending that I just cant help myself...

This made me lol

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#242 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,588 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

I would personally take Babcock or Quenville over AV anyday of the week because those guys knows systems as well as players

Good thing they're available...

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#243 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Garrison had a big night, he was +3 with 18 mins of ice time. I didn't notice him aside from the interference penalty, but being not noticeable is good for a d-man.

Has Garrison rounded the corner? Back to back good games.

#244 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Good thing they're available...

My point was that Stawns was saying all NHL coaches are like AV
and clearly its not because examples like Babcock and Quenville say otherwise.

It's not the point of whether they are currently available or not, the poiint is not all coaches are like AV

#245 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

5-0 win against the ducks didn't say cup contender?

Maybe it did to you, which is fine, but I personally don't like to jump the gun after one game. Instead, I want to see some consistency in those big games against teams that I believe will stand in the way of anyone trying to advance to the final.

Once I see that, I start believing. And once I believe, I don't get discouraged easily (e.g. game vs. Calgary last night).

Edited by Socrates, 04 March 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.