The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 5 - Kings 2 - 03/02/13

Strombone1

There is no denying that AV has some kinda hate on for Ballard. The KB3 injury gave Alberts a chance to play, and he played well enough to allow AV to pine Ballard.

I have coached before at a pretty competitive levels and I don't understand the Ballard thing. The kid I disliked the most was still not the worst player (which Ballard is not, he is not worse than Alberts... his contract is worse) so you could not really pine him.

Not sure how this will all play out. KB4 back tomorrow or Alberts draws in again...

I agree that Alberts size was probably the reason he was chosen for tonight. Although in the muscle department Ballard is no push-over.

But what pss me off about AV is he can't help but stir the pot when he doesn't have to. He does it with his goalies, he does it with Kesler, and now he does it once again with Ballard. What I'm talking about is his post game interview when asked why Ballard was scratched in favour of Alberts. His answer?.."I went with the guys I thought could win" What a bleep. He could have just as easily said "Because we are playing a big team like LA, tonight I wanted to dress more size" Simple, and you don't screw with the head of one of your defenseman, one that has been playing above par all season.

I agree that Alberts size was probably the reason he was chosen for tonight. Although in the muscle department Ballard is no push-over.

But what pss me off about AV is he can't help but stir the pot when he doesn't have to. He does it with his goalies, he does it with Kesler, and now he does it once again with Ballard. What I'm talking about is his post game interview when asked why Ballard was scratched in favour of Alberts. His answer?.."I went with the guys I thought could win" What a bleep. He could have just as easily said "Because we are playing a big team like LA, tonight I wanted to dress more size" Simple, and you don't screw with the head of one of your defenseman, one that has been playing above par all season.

Archived