Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amaneey

[Injury] Jose Theodore

29 posts in this topic

I wasn't able to find a topic on this, please lock if I've overlooked it.

Jose Theodore was injured just a couple minutes into the Panthers/Hurricanes game today. Unable to weight-bear on right leg.

Clemmensen, who replaced him, allowed 6 goals and made 27 saves.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=658216

I wonder if Panthers would be more desperate for a starting goaltender?

Theodore was hurt during a 2-on-1 rush by the Hurricanes. He crumpled to the ice after he kicked out his right pad to stop Jokinen. The Panthers said Theodore, who struggled with knee trouble much of last season, sustained an undisclosed lower body injury.

"It's going to be a while," Florida coach Kevin Dineen said. "He was pretty sore on the ice, and it wasn't much better off (it)."

Florida also lost Dmitry Kulikov (upper body) and Scottie Upshall (lower body) during the game.

Even if Theodore was healthy, they should be searching for a goalie. Both Clemmensen and Theodore has been really bad

maybe this is the team that had the deal gillis almost did but nixed at the last minute due to not wanting to take a cap hit player back.

Even if we were to trade Luongo to FLA wouldn't we be needing a goalie coming back?

Also Drew Shore better be coming back in any deal.

Markstrom will probably start their next game tomorrow vs Carolina

Hopefully the Canes light him up and cause Tallon to panic a bit in his "Future star-netminder"

Markstrom will probably start their next game tomorrow vs Carolina

Hopefully the Canes light him up and cause Tallon to panic a bit in his "Future star-netminder"

I'd take Markström back in a trade B)

And Shore, but both highly unlikely.

Serious though, the really need to find a goalie, no matter who is injured or not. Theodore doesn't wan't to waive his NTC to go anywhere to be backup if I remember talks from last fall correctly. Clemmensen could fit in as backup if nothing else gives, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Someone like LA could get a good return for Bernier from Florida if they would just pull the trigger on a deal with him. The goalie situation there is almost the same as here, if not even more uncomfortable as Bernier has been warming the bench for many years now. And he clearly is ready for a bigger role & challenge for a starting role. Just not with Quick as the counterpart.

last year theo and clemm were a pretty solid tandem

but the whole team is not the same excepted on the paper

This is a golden reason why we SHOULDN'T trade one of our goalies. They're falling like flies to injury all over the league due to the compressed schedule, and quite frankly if we trade away Luongo there is no way our team survives if Schneider gets injured, or vice versa.

Keep rolling 2 goalies till the end of this season, or it'll be over pretty quickly. We're not that far off missing a playoff spot right now, and a goalie trade followed by a goalie injury would just about do it.

maybe this is the team that had the deal gillis almost did but nixed at the last minute due to not wanting to take a cap hit player back.

Lets keep both goalies here for this year. This may be our last best shot at a cup in a few years.

Although its never good when a player get hurt, this maybe gold for the Nucks! By deadline if the Panthers continue to play like this they may be willing to give up a great offer to us. What would you think GMMG would accept as an offer?

I hope he gets well fast. Panthers really need a goalie now