The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

roster changes tonight strange

canuktravella

just wandering ballard our best dman all yr healthy scratch tonight.

alberts in. do you guys think they just did that so hes fresh for flames game tomorrow or as ailberts in to bring in more toughness aogainst a big la tam or are canucks trying to showcase alberts for trade bait or will ballard be gone soon. I think somethings going on

just wandering ballard our best dman all yr healthy scratch tonight.

alberts in. do you guys think they just did that so hes fresh for flames game tomorrow or as ailberts in to bring in more toughness aogainst a big la tam or are canucks trying to showcase alberts for trade bait or will ballard be gone soon. I think somethings going on

If Ballard had the flu why wouldn't they just say he had the flu? It doesn't make sense! Av pretty much said that Ballard was a scratch because they played the players they feel would make it possible for them to win. :picard:

ya i absolutely hate Av hes crap at managing players ballards whole career hed get 20-30 points a yr 20 plus minutes a game but in vancouver hes has 15 points and like 14mins a game in 2.5 seasons on a president cup team. What a waste of talent gillis should be fired for keeping av ballards been nothing be a professional through the whole situation i hope gillis trades ballard soon just so he doesnt have to deal with this bull. I hope a contender picks up ballard and he wins cup this yr that would be hilarious.

smashian i dont consider him a good coach but he has a talented team. Hes constantly outcoached in playoffs hense no cups or vancouver. crawford would have got us a cup if we had had a goalie during the wet coast express days but instead they went with a sieve in cloutiet ugggg now we have 2 allstar goalies but a bad coach. The curse continues fmlllll.

I'm happy about the win.

But not happy about coaching decisions obviously. This game was excited but it wasn't all roses, Raymond scored against hte flow of play which began to sink LA, then the Sedins grabbed momentum and shifted it to our side completely when Danny scored.

Just unhappy AV makes biased decisions, since Ballard has probably been our best defensemen, far more consistent than the others aside from Tanev, and AV scratches him and has to rock the boat by saying the others gave us a better chance to win, especially when Alberts didn't have an amazing game himself.

Also unhappy about his stupid line-up decisions.

Anyways I have wanted to ask, what is it about AV that makes him such a great coach in your mind anyways?

Alberts is bigger, LA is a big team, good call by AV, worked out ok. It's a good idea to get Alberts into some games, he's better than you give him credit for, he can be good for us but he needs ice time. For me, I think Tanev could sit before Ballard but I expect most would disagree on that.

Sedins-Burrows

Higgins-Raymond-Hansen

Sestito-Lapierre-Kassian

Booth-Schroeder-Weise

Ebbett, (Kesler, Pinizotto)

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Edler

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts

Barker

Schneider/Luongo

Lineup is solid.

His record speaks for itself, I also trust that mangement will know when to pull the trigger on letting him go.

I'm not in the locker room or there when personnal decisions are being made therefore don't feel it is necessary to criticize them. As long as our team is competitive I'm pretty happy about him being here. He's been successful 6 of 7 years, you really can't complain about that in a league this competitive.

That said maybe changes are made in the offseason depending on how the playoffs go, but in reality there is no point whining about every little thing YOU think he does wrong because you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

His record speaks for itself, I also trust that mangement will know when to pull the trigger on letting him go.

I'm not in the locker room or there when personnal decisions are being made therefore don't feel it is necessary to criticize them. As long as our team is competitive I'm pretty happy about him being here. He's been successful 6 of 7 years, you really can't complain about that in a league this competitive.

That said maybe changes are made in the offseason depending on how the playoffs go, but in reality there is no point whining about every little thing YOU think he does wrong because you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

I don't see an issue sitting Ballard for Alberts given any of the reasons people have already come up with; size, rest, the runs, whatever. Ballard has been playing well in his role, and Alberts was fine against LA, didn't stand out one way or the other.

But yea, the AV vitriol is getting old. I like to play fantasy GM as well, but I wouldn't fire a successful coach with a winning record during a shortened season for making a minor decision I simply don't agree with. The vast majority of issues fans see with AV are nothing more than ill-informed and unknowledgable personal opinions. ono he chews gum i hate him!

Archived