Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MLT

GIllis after hours

57 posts in this topic

Any vid of Gillis on after hours after Hank? Can't find it anywhere

Thx brahma fell asleep before after hours couldn't watch it on CBC website iPad doesn't support adobe flash.

Most revealing comment from Gillis was on Malhothra following Simpson's question saying bluntly he will NOT trade Manny, even if he requests one.

He also confirmed that the Canucks organization knew that Ryan O'Reilly was subject to waivers if he signed an Offer Sheet.

if he actually had a trade he was happy with for Luongo, then taking back some cap would actually be a no brainer.

Like if Florida offered

Weiss, Petrovic, 2013 1st, as long as you take upshall, Gillis would be an idiot not to take that...

you don't get to where he is by being an idiot.....us on the other hand have no limitations.

Calm and level-headed. This is why he is a great GM.

To hear that Manny will never play another game for the canucks though....

(IIRC, that's what he said)

Watta juicy interview...he actually gave us some solid answers

- sucks to be manny right now

- I would love to know what he is specifically referring to when he's talking about luongo

- I wish they talked about Ballards situation

I wouldn't be surprised if Manny asked for a trade. He still wants to play in the NHL

Gillis is a steady, thoughtful person.

If he adhered to the many suggestions posted on CDC, most of this team would be traded for plugs, fired, or sent to languish in the minors. I'm glad to hear him taking the long view.

5 years, 2 President's Trophies, 4 NW division Titles, 4 playoff appearances (won 5 series, lost 4), Got to SCF game 7.

Gillis is right, we have a lot to be happy about as fans.

He is icing a competitive, entertaining, and talented team every year.

As a footnote, I wasn't a fan of the Hodgson trade, but the jury is still out on that one. I don't think it's akin to the Cam Neeley trade in scope and caliber though. But I can live with not liking every move MG makes.

If he doesn't get trade then manny will sign somewhere else in free agency

Gillis says he would be happy as a fan with the success the team has had in the last 5 years. Well Gillis that works both ways, lots of people would love to be a GM of a team that can spend to the cap and gets tremendous support. Gillis whines he's so hard done by dealing with the media and the fans whine about the performance of the team.