The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GIllis after hours

MLT

Gillis says he would be happy as a fan with the success the team has had in the last 5 years. Well Gillis that works both ways, lots of people would love to be a GM of a team that can spend to the cap and gets tremendous support. Gillis whines he's so hard done by dealing with the media and the fans whine about the performance of the team.

Gillis says he would be happy as a fan with the success the team has had in the last 5 years. Well Gillis that works both ways, lots of people would love to be a GM of a team that can spend to the cap and gets tremendous support. Gillis whines he's so hard done by dealing with the media and the fans whine about the performance of the team.

He's dreaming if he thinks it better to have two high paid goalie's and not using that money where they need it instead. On the ice and not sitting on the bench. This team is looking at another early playoff exit with his leadership.

Gillis is a Class Act.

We are lucky to have this guy and kudos to the Aquilinis for hiring him.

The past few years have been the best this franchise has ever seen.

It's really been incredible if you think about it. Like Gillis said on after hours last night, Canucks fans should be pretty happy and proud of what this team has accomplished over the last 5 years.

I don't think the Coho trade was a bad one given the situation. He managed to address team needs and we have a great player for the future. The only reason it looks bad is with the Kesler and Maholtra issues.

What would you expect him to say about Feaster? You don't throw other GM's under the bus and then expect to keep solid working relationships around the league. I agree with you on Feaster but what benefit would there be to Gillis to point this out?

He's dreaming if he thinks it better to have two high paid goalie's and not using that money where they need it instead. On the ice and not sitting on the bench. This team is looking at another early playoff exit with his leadership.

I liked the interview a lot.

It actually reassured me when Gillis not only said that Manny would never again play as a Canuck, but also that he would neither trade nor waive him. Much as I miss the pre-accident Manny, it would be truly hypocritical to pull someone off the ice because you're worried about their health, and then let them go elsewhere so someone else can take the responsibility.

what do yo mean "by where he is?"

you mean a GM?

well look at Mike Milbury...

Craig Patrick...

MG already showed he is capable of making stupid moves...Coho trade.

or do you mean only smart people get good jobs and selecting someone for a job is only about how intelligent they areat ...look George Bush Jr...

so what are you talking about???

Gillis also just called Feaster a great GM- anyone who does that loses credibility.

Thanks for the video.

The one telling part of the interview for me was ( I'm not quoting word for word) where he said " you don't want to give anyone up"

That to me is why MG finds it so hard to do a deal. As I said before he looks on the team almost like his family, which is good in many respects but makes it difficult to do any "big" trades.

He is still my ideal as a GM but I just feel he will have to become slightly more ruthless and focussed if he is to make this "present" team SC winners.

you mean a GM?

Craig Patrick...

or do you mean only smart people get good jobs and selecting someone for a job is only about how intelligent they are...look at George Bush Jr...

Gillis also just called Feaster a great GM- anyone who does that loses credibility.

if he actually had a trade he was happy with for Luongo, then taking back some cap would actually be a no brainer.

Like if Florida offered

Weiss, Petrovic, 2013 1st, as long as you take upshall, Gillis would be an idiot not to take that...

you mean a GM?

Craig Patrick...

or do you mean only smart people get good jobs and selecting someone for a job is only about how intelligent they are...look at George Bush Jr...

The one telling part of the interview for me was ( I'm not quoting word for word) where he said " you don't want to give anyone up"

That to me is why MG finds it so hard to do a deal. As I said before he looks on the team almost like his family, which is good in many respects but makes it difficult to do any "big" trades.

Archived