The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why not sit Edler?

MLT

AV justifies sitting Ballard due to some bad turnovers in his last game played. This makes no sense at all. Ballard has been one of our better D men all season and one bad game he hits the press box.

Edler has been by far worse in his own end this season than Ballard. Why not sit him? AV's ridiculous bias towards and against some players needs to stop. Ballard should have the opportunity to bounce back after 1 bad game, just as Edler is getting the opportunity to bounce back after a handful of dreadful, mistake ridden games to start his season.

Obviously i know Edler will not see th press box I'm just saying this to make a point.

Fail thread.

AV sat Ballard because he is under 6' and we are getting manhandled by the larger LA so we pull our smallest D man and replace him with a larger D man.

We won.

AV smarter then you.

That's not a bad idea actually.

It would also be good to rest him for a few, maybe near the end of the season so he's rested for the playoffs.

EDIT:

Kassians Face:

I find it hard to take you seriously with the avatar that you have.

Fail thread.

AV sat Ballard because he is under 6' and we are getting manhandled by the larger LA so we pull our smallest D man and replace him with a larger D man.

We won.

AV smarter then you.

We probably would have won if Ballard was in the lineup though.

I didn't notice Alberts all that much except for the penalty (don't think that was a penalty) and the mistake with Schneids.

You Don't ever sit Edler, is why. Yeah his defensive game, well more so just dumb turnovers, are annoying. Yet he does so many other good things when he is out there. there is a reason he Leads are D in points every year, and its not the Sedins(doesn't hurt). He is not on top of his game, but when he is, you would be a fool not to realize he is our Best D man. Hammer may be more consistent. but Edler has another level to his game, he just needs to find it or get it back if you will.

Exactly. Buddy missed my point completely. Not about Alberts going in. More about AV and his decision making and biases. Why do other players get opportunities to play though slumps when Ballard doesn't. 1 bad game. We have seen this before, not just with Ballard.

I thought Alberts played well and was physical.

Ballards 1 point in 19 games isnt going to cut it.... regardless of how great some people think he played.

If Ballard isnt bought out or traded this season, Gillis will have failed.

Exactly. Buddy missed my point completely. Not about Alberts going in. More about AV and his decision making and biases. Why do other players get opportunities to play though slumps when Ballard doesn't. 1 bad game. We have seen this before, not just with Ballard.

Just because we won, doesn't justify the means. I feel bad for Ballard as he has been one of our more consistent defenseman this year. Edler on the other hand has been sporadic. He's had great games but plenty of awful games. To make it worse for Ballard is that Alberts was the cause of both L.A. goals. I know A.V. wanted to be bigger but still, Ballard deserves to play either way. Edler on the other hand needs to look at his game and re adjust.

Good to see a sensible comment on Ballard. For some reason a lot of people on CDC have fallen in love with Ballard.

Ballard has been better this season than in the last two, but he has only one point in 19 games and his plus/minus is an even 0 despite playing on the third pairing and not spending much time against the other team's top players.

He is below average size for a D and does not add much in the way of team toughness. And he is one of the L-hand Ds who struggles if asked to play the right side, which limits his effectiveness. Also, of the six regular Ds he has the fewest blocked shots.

Bottom line: he is #6 on depth chart and when the Canucks play a big team like LA the extra size and strength and physicality of Alberts makes him the better choice.

I have nothing against Ballard, but with a cap hit of over 4 million he is very poor value.

Just because we won, doesn't justify the means. I feel bad for Ballard as he has been one of our more consistent defenseman this year. Edler on the other hand has been sporadic. He's had great games but plenty of awful games. To make it worse for Ballard is that Alberts was the cause of both L.A. goals. I know A.V. wanted to be bigger but still, Ballard deserves to play either way. Edler on the other hand needs to look at his game and re adjust.

Archived