The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why not sit Edler?

MLT

Cap hit means nothing unless you need the cap room. That is not an issue at this time so makes no difference at all in who should play.

He also plays most of his time with the 3rd and 4th lines of the Canucks, which also limits any opportunity to add to his +/-.......your argument there is one sided and completely biased.

He has struggled in the past playing the right side for sure but not this season. he has actually looked very strong when he has played on the right, unlike both Edler and Garrison who have looked dreadful there.

Tanev is the biggest wimp physically on this team, not Ballard. A lot of blocked shots come from the PK, which Ballard is not a regular on.

Seriously man, look at both sides before commenting.

What do you mean cap room means nothing? With all the players healthy it really means something doesn't it? Also, how can you improve your team with trades and free agent signing without not looking at the cap room implications.

I agree he does have "brain farts" (you jennifer lawrence?) that really stand out since last playoff game. But if he was so perfect than he would such be an elite player. But I also think people expecting way too much for non first round draft pick. He's going to have flaws. Like bieska the good comes with the bad

Alberts used his size and threw it around. IMO, the best game I have seen from Alberts.

Edler on the other hand was making weak outlet passes, lacking physicality and was once again caught out of position. He was on the ice for the first LA goal. A liability. As long as he scores once in a while, the Edler appreciation society will come to his defense and completely excuse his poor defensive skills.

But he is a defenseman, right? He should be consistent in his role as one.

Edler should be sat in favor of Barker or Vandermeer for at least one game, to see how his absence affects the teams performance, if at all.

Go ahead flame away, people of the republic of Edler. Make me laugh.

Well people have their weaknesses and strengths right? This comment doesn't make sense. Tanev is his calmness with the puck etc so I'm not sure what you trying say. If he didn't have that strength would he be in the lineup for his scoring and hitting?

I think this hate for Edler comes from the king series bc he used be a fan favourite? Even I was super pissed at Edler for couple mistakes that might have cost the game. But I've moved on. And this year he's not the only one making mistakes in defense the whole d is. You've seen the hawks game right? Was that all edler?

Actually, it does make sense. I pointed out that Edler makes glaring mistakes. And part of your defence of Edler was to point out that he wasnt a 1st round pick. So I pointed out that other players not picked in the 1st round dont make those same glaring mistakes as Edler. In fact, wasnt Tanev playing hockey for some community college?

your point is useless unless you look at the negative... like i said bias to only positvie comments yes dam it our d can score... they just can't play defense.... like i said watch the black hawks and red wings play... watch how they break up plays... tie up sticks, man to man coverage... even hockey night in canada showed us after the first period why the kings defeated us last year... it wasn't because daniel wasn't playing, it was because we don't know how to play defense... we can only score.... -1 to you

Actually, it does make sense. I pointed out that Edler makes glaring mistakes. And part of your defence of Edler was to point out that he wasnt a 1st round pick. So I pointed out that other players not picked in the 1st round dont make those same glaring mistakes as Edler. In fact, wasnt Tanev playing hockey for some community college?

Fail thread.

AV sat Ballard because he is under 6' and we are getting manhandled by the larger LA so we pull our smallest D man and replace him with a larger D man.

We won.

AV smarter then you.

Archived