The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fights after a clean hit

Deadweed

Players will defend their teammates when they deem it appropriate. They couldn't care less whether the other team or the other teams fans approve of it, their loyalty is to their own organization.

Like the other guy said this isn't new.

It's because the response is saying, "don't you dare think about doing that again!" You think a team wants their guys to get rocked, clean or not?

I for one don't mind it, it's something our Nuckers have been lacking in recent years. Our guys get laid out and the rest of the team sits back and says, "ouch, well it was clean!"

Screw that. You lay us out we'll do the same so keep your heads up.

This is why I am for fighting and such. It's meant as strategy, intimidation, and as a deterrent. I for one am super happy that we are getting tougher and relying on guys other than Ballard to stick up for our guys.

And besides, there's a big difference between a clean that is meant to take a guy out of the play and a clean hit that is meant to take a guy out of the game. You rarely see a retaliation for a clean hit that merely takes a guy out of the play.

This league is turning into a joke NHL= no hit league,you can blame it on the biggest baby in the league crysby cause the league freaked out when he was hit and had those concusion symptoms.I have a great idea for players KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!!! ,Im not saying goon players just good solid clean hits would be a entertaining thing of beauty.There would be less meaningless fighting if we could go back to a solid clean hit

This league is turning into a joke NHL= no hit league,you can blame it on the biggest baby in the league crysby cause the league freaked out when he was hit and had those concusion symptoms.I have a great idea for players KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!!! ,Im not saying goon players just good solid clean hits would be a entertaining thing of beauty.There would be less meaningless fighting if we could go back to a solid clean hit

Well it's annoying to us fans but remember that these guys are intense and sometimes that high energy and emotion leads guys to take offense, even to a clean hit. Nobody likes to see one of their teammates get rocked and in the heat of the moment it may even look like a dirty hit.

I say if a guy gives a guy a clean hard hit and the other guy retaliates then he should get 5 for fighting and 2 for unsportmanlike penalty, because really thats not being a good sport now is it. Its a rough game you got to expect to get hit and if you cant take the hit then you shouldnt be playing hockey.

I say if a guy gives a guy a clean hard hit and the other guy retaliates then he should get 5 for fighting and 2 for unsportmanlike penalty, because really thats not being a good sport now is it. Its a rough game you got to expect to get hit and if you cant take the hit then you shouldnt be playing hockey.

After that big hit and fight, the Kings werent as phyiscal against the Twins and Burrows. Doughty even backed down in a shoving match with Henrik, it's as if he felt someone was coming and that it could be Sesitito. :lol:

Last night, Sestito's hit was a clean hockey hit.

Why is a fight necessary?

Are NHL players turning into cry babies and soft whiners like the NBA?

ln cases like last night, isn't it unfair that Sestito gets 'punished' for a clean hit?

Archived