Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

* * * * * 2 votes

Are the Canucks a better "team" with Kesler not in the line up?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

#61 WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Sometimes I think Kesler is too selfish to be a centreman

That's why I'd like to try

With 29 or 32 as the spare forward, our bottom 9 seem to roll along a lot better without him.

Could be interesting to see how it would go, but it gives JS a chance in an offensive role as well as giving Kes a playmaker for his shoot first style. Our secondary scoring could suffer for sure, but I don't think it would that much once offset with the Top lines hopefully increased production.

Edited by WonderTwinPowers, 03 March 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#62 JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

ask the 0'fer power play...

#63 Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Yeah, we are so good without Kesler, IDIOTS!

Posted Image

#64 kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Does everyone here not realize he played every game with a broken foot?...

How well would anyone play hockey with a broken foot... Probably not their best

Ok, if I have to hear one more dedicated fan bow down to Kesler's hypnosis, I might scream! The guy's under-performed last year due to "coming back from hip surgery too soon". Had shoulder surgery in this off season and despite not coming back on schedule (thank goodness for the lockout, huh Kes?), he admitted he was still not "in right timing yet". Then, breaks foot. So, by the time he comes back and is in "fine form", it will be about 2 years since he last was "himself".

So, one could look at this two ways. Either he just has bad luck, or puts himself in dangerous positions. All I know is, he gets a LOT of time & consideration compared to others. Wow.....if I could have that kind of lattitude in my job!!!

Overrated, high maintenance and a lot of hype for a good, very good but not great player. Time to move on to another team. I think he is too much of a prima donna by interviews, and I imagine some of that filters in to the dressing room. BUt, I am no expert.......time will tell.

#65 Neversummer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Yes ... Kesler is a puck hog. Even AV hinted that he should learn to pass. Don't get me started on the dive ... what was it, first game back he gets a diving penalty?

#66 kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yes ... Kesler is a puck hog. Even AV hinted that he should learn to pass. Don't get me started on the dive ... what was it, first game back he gets a diving penalty?

i completely agree neversummer............the other thing that drives me nuts is his frequent slapping of stick on ice when behind other team's players, as if they are going to get deeked out and accidentally pass to him! Nervous twitch of his, or selfish and dramatic tick?

Diving is never a class act.............

#67 babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'll say no.

#68 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

AV commenting On team Chem ... I dunno I wonder if Kesler is all but gone

#69 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

He's a typical bad mood guy.....He makes life extremely miserable for the opposition.We desperately need him in the lineup right now.

#70 TheRocket18

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

#71 MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Kesler's biggest issue since his amazing 2011 season is his attitude. The dude is so arrogant.
Posted Image

#72 KeslerBEAST

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

no they can't win faceoffs for crap

henriks below 50% and lappy only slightly about 50% and then everyone else is like 30-40

#73 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,654 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

Trading Kesler now is one of the dumbest things we could do if we want to win the cup.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.