The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Positive thoughts.

Bodee

Hi, having watched last nights game against the SC holders I noticed some things that were very encouraging.

Firstly, is it my imagination or did the Twins and Raymond play "bigger" in that game?

Little things like Henrik getting between one of his players and shoving his opponent back, both he and Danny finishing checks and and pushing off opponents, like they meant it, around Cory's goal.

Raymond, I thought at one stage seemed to be looking for a fight (I couldn't believe it) I know he wasn't :) but he was shoving, then being shoved and shoving back. He was checking on the boards harder than I've ever seen him.

Secondly, the D looks like it's on it's way back.

Bieksa was his usual truculent self. Hammer was almost back on song, even Edler was looking a different player from what we have seen the past few games. Alberts slotted in fine and was physical as (probably) instructed and looked reliable. I thought Garrison would have deserved the title of "best defender"...........except for a guy who just gets better and better, Chris Tanev......really who knows how good this guy can become and it's all done with the composure of a 30 year old veteran.

He is resourceful, inventive with his passing when he needs to be, never seems to notice a hard check on him (when he is not dodging them anyway) and has even started to look for shooting opportunities.

Thirdly we had the "Old Firm" back together and creating hockey poetry on the ice. More than a few glimpses of the the twins and Burr at their best..........and when they are, they are nearly unplayable. I have never seen defenders look so befuddled especially when Hank "nutmegged" one of them so badly the guy almost left the arena.

Raymond was all speed, hard work and rapier sharp, beating Quick with a shot so fast I doubt he even saw it. Hansen was also back to his best and the signs were there that Higgins is warming to the task.

I could go on but it's not as if you guys hadn't seen it. I just wanted to show appreciation for a great effort.

I loved watching my favorite player pushing back for once. Henrik is one of the most respectable guys in the league, humble about everything he does. And I'm happy to see that he isn't going to take everyone's crap, and he showed that he will push back if he has too. I did see more aggression out of players who normally do not show it. It's great to see guys are starting to stick up for themselves.

Hi, having watched last nights game against the SC holders I noticed some things that were very encouraging.

Firstly, is it my imagination or did the Twins and Raymond play "bigger" in that game?

Little things like Henrik getting between one of his players and shoving his opponent back, both he and Danny finishing checks and and pushing off opponents, like they meant it, around Cory's goal.

Raymond, I thought at one stage seemed to be looking for a fight (I couldn't believe it) I know he wasn't :) but he was shoving, then being shoved and shoving back. He was checking on the boards harder than I've ever seen him.

Bieksa was his usual truculent self. Hammer was almost back on song, even Edler was looking a different player from what we have seen the past few games. Alberts slotted in fine and was physical as (probably) instructed and looked reliable. I thought Garrison would have deserved the title of "best defender"...........except for a guy who just gets better and better, Chris Tanev......really who knows how good this guy can become and it's all done with the composure of a 30 year old veteran.

He is resourceful, inventive with his passing when he needs to be, never seems to notice a hard check on him (when he is not dodging them anyway) and has even started to look for shooting opportunities.

Thirdly we had the "Old Firm" back together and creating hockey poetry on the ice. More than a few glimpses of the the twins and Burr at their best..........and when they are, they are nearly unplayable. I have never seen defenders look so befuddled especially when Hank "nutmegged" one of them so badly the guy almost left the arena.

Raymond was all speed, hard work and rapier sharp, beating Quick with a shot so fast I doubt he even saw it. Hansen was also back to his best and the signs were there that Higgins is warming to the task.

I could go on but it's not as if you guys hadn't seen it. I just wanted to show appreciation for a great effort.

I love how after we win a game CDC get all positive...

unfortunately after we lose, like Mike Gillis said "the sky is falling"...AV needs to be fired, MG is an idiot, Raymond and the sedins are soft, Kassian is brutal, Luongo needs to be traded, etc..

I'm really liking the positivty my friend, +1

Let's face it, we have been blessed for years with the team we have. We forget how fortunate we are.

Can CDC just agree to stop being so negative and stupid after we lose a game? thanks.

Well, considering the team mailed it in for the previous two games, it was due time that they gave the fans their money's worth and showed up and make an attempt to play a full game in all three zones of the ice.

For the most part, they accomplished this last night...and when the Canucks play like the way they did last night, they are a tough bunch to beat (with or without Kes in the line up).

We got a couple of freebies from Quick last night, but these were the result of hard work and being opportunistic, so maybe the hockey gods are starting to smile upon us. The officiating was its usual below NHL standards, and we came through it just fine.

Guys like Sestito and Alberts, when playing with angry purpose in their game makes eveyone an inch taller, 10 pounds heavier and 25% more abrasive (this may be the only thing that I agree with Don Cherry on). That's the reason why I think we need to have a few guys like these in our lineup...not because they are going to go out and pummel anyone, though that helps at the appropriate time. I loved it when Raymond was trying to start something with Fraser...and the way Henrik was initiating the pushing.

Garrison looks to be gaining confidence...he's jumping up on the rush at the right times and he's showing off the canon that he owns.

These are all good/positive things...lets hope that this is the beginning of a March roll that moves us from being pretenders to contenders.

I love how after we win a game CDC get all positive...

unfortunately after we lose, like Mike Gillis said "the sky is falling"...AV needs to be fired, MG is an idiot, Raymond and the sedins are soft, Kassian is brutal, Luongo needs to be traded, etc..

I'm really liking the positivty my friend, +1

Let's face it, we have been blessed for years with the team we have. We forget how fortunate we are.

Can CDC just agree to stop being so negative and stupid after we lose a game? thanks.

Archived