Craft Beer Revolution: Rise of the Taproom

Wetcoaster

I wish I had that much self-control.

I believe I have the following in the fridge right now:

6 pack of Rickards White

6 pack of Tree Brewing Winter Ale

2 cans of Mill St. Lemon Iced Tea Beer

Large bottle of Tree Brewing raspberry Porter

Large bottle of Sap Sucker - Fernie Brewing (Maple Porter)

Large bottle of Farmhand Ale - Driftwood Brewing

I'm liking most of Lighthouse Brewing Company's stuff as well as 49th Parallel Brewing Company's Old Boy Classic Ale.

Storm Brewing Ltd is anothe local affair that makes good stuff, although they don't sell by the bottle so its tap or keg only unfortunately.

Howe Sound Brewing's lineup is a pretty good bet also, though I stay away from their exotic flavored beers.

I'm liking most of Lighthouse Brewing Company's stuff as well as 49th Parallel Brewing Company's Old Boy Classic Ale.

Storm Brewing Ltd is anothe local affair that makes good stuff, although they don't sell by the bottle so its tap or keg only unfortunately.

Howe Sound Brewing's lineup is a pretty good bet also, though I stay away from their exotic flavored beers.

I like a Hefeweizen for the summer, with the customary shot of lemon juice of course.

That's about as close as I get to a flavored beer. Granville Island Brewing does a decent hefeweizen, although that's about the only beer of their's that I like.

Duke's Apple Cider from Tree Brewing Company is good good in the summer as well, dry cider is pretty refreshing in the heat and has the huge bonus of making you unattractive to mosquitos if you're out hiking or camping.

I like a Hefeweizen for the summer, with the customary shot of lemon juice of course.

That's about as close as I get to a flavored beer. Granville Island Brewing does a decent hefeweizen, although that's about the only beer of their's that I like.

Duke's Apple Cider from Tree Brewing Company is good good in the summer as well, dry cider is pretty refreshing in the heat and has the huge bonus of making you unattractive to mosquitos if you're out hiking or camping.

Some of the flavoured ones are great. Unibroue's Ephemere is amazing (in the green apple or blackcurrent), one of my summer staples is McAuslan's Apricot Wheat Ale, and I had a bunch of both the Granville Island (their Ginger beer is great, but also their pumpkin ale and the imperial stout) and Whistler flavoured ales this summer (grapefruit and pineapple wheat ales this year, plus an orange/chocolate dunkelweizen).

Two of my favourites were actually from Big Rock, they had a dunkelweizen that was great, but their limited edition pumpkin ale was possibly my #1 beer from last year.

Seasonal craft beer releases for Spring

Central City Imperial IPA 9%

Dry hopped with Yakima whole leaf hops. Every bottle and keg supports autism research, and it tastes amazing.

Available March 5 on tap and in 650ml bottles

Phillips Black Jackal Imperial Coffee Stout

Pours a deep-black earth colour with a slight brown sugar-coloured cream and a big espresso aroma. Full roasted coffee flavours with hints dark chocolate through the body.

Available now in 650 ml bottles

Russell Truth Serum Wheat Wine Ale

Canadian wheat and a blend of Pilsner and Munich malts are topped with a floral hop, carries a fruity finish that works well at 10 per cent.

Available now in 650ml bottles

Canoe Bavarian Copper Bock

German Malts and Noble hops define this lager. Above-average alcohol content for the style.

Available March 4 in 650ml bottles

Canoe Let ‘Er Run Espresso Stout

A citrusy, bold American-style stout base is complemented by earthy Tanzanian coffee notes, creating a rich, brooding beer well-suited to blustery winter nights.

Available now in 650ml bottle

Townsite Perfect Storm Oatmeal Stout

Flaked oats, barley and house-roasted chocolate, crystal and CaraAroma malts combine for a rich, dark 5.5-per-cent drinking experience.

Available March 1 in 650ml bottles

Granville Island Irish Red

An under-represented bee in B.C., the Irish Red is a medium-bodied copper with chewy malt and a potent hit of New World hops.

Granville Island Scottish Ale

Dark and malty with big roasty flavours and subtly hopped, this is the seasonal from Granville that I wait for all year.

Yaletown Saison

Dry and lemony with a recognizable Saison character lent by the Belgian yeast.

Available on tap at Yaletown Brewing and The Alibi Room

Yaletown Oud Bruin

After one year of careful aging, brewer Iain Hill unleashes his most legendary brew, sour and complex with a hint of cherry.

Available on tap at Yaletown and The Alibi Room.

http://www.vancouver...h.UZc225pr.dpuf

Archived