Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Craft Beer Revolution: Rise of the Taproom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#31 Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Some of the flavoured ones are great. Unibroue's Ephemere is amazing (in the green apple or blackcurrent), one of my summer staples is McAuslan's Apricot Wheat Ale, and I had a bunch of both the Granville Island (their Ginger beer is great, but also their pumpkin ale and the imperial stout) and Whistler flavoured ales this summer (grapefruit and pineapple wheat ales this year, plus an orange/chocolate dunkelweizen).

Two of my favourites were actually from Big Rock, they had a dunkelweizen that was great, but their limited edition pumpkin ale was possibly my #1 beer from last year.

My summer go-to beer is a Belgian wheat beer.

Posted Image
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#32 elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,683 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

My summer go-to beer is a Belgian wheat beer.

Posted Image

Can't go wrong with an extra big glass of Hoegaarden! A good pilsner is nice as well, Stanley Park Brewing does a nice one.

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#33 King Heffy

King Heffy

Kessel's Beer Gut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,447 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

For summer beer, you just can't beet King Heffy from Howe Sound. Other good ones are Down Easy Pale Ale from Hoyne, and I'm also a huge fan of Farmhand Saison from Driftwood.
Posted Image

#34 ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,569 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I don't know if I have dyslexia or what but half the time I see this topic I keep thinking it says "Rise of the tampon."

Edited by ronthecivil, 06 March 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#35 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Seasonal craft beer releases for Spring

Central City Imperial IPA 9%
Dry hopped with Yakima whole leaf hops. Every bottle and keg supports autism research, and it tastes amazing.
Available March 5 on tap and in 650ml bottles

Phillips Black Jackal Imperial Coffee Stout
Pours a deep-black earth colour with a slight brown sugar-coloured cream and a big espresso aroma. Full roasted coffee flavours with hints dark chocolate through the body.
Available now in 650 ml bottles

Russell Truth Serum Wheat Wine Ale
Canadian wheat and a blend of Pilsner and Munich malts are topped with a floral hop, carries a fruity finish that works well at 10 per cent.
Available now in 650ml bottles

Canoe Bavarian Copper Bock
German Malts and Noble hops define this lager. Above-average alcohol content for the style.
Available March 4 in 650ml bottles

Canoe Let ‘Er Run Espresso Stout
A citrusy, bold American-style stout base is complemented by earthy Tanzanian coffee notes, creating a rich, brooding beer well-suited to blustery winter nights.
Available now in 650ml bottle

Townsite Perfect Storm Oatmeal Stout
Flaked oats, barley and house-roasted chocolate, crystal and CaraAroma malts combine for a rich, dark 5.5-per-cent drinking experience.
Available March 1 in 650ml bottles

Granville Island Irish Red
An under-represented bee in B.C., the Irish Red is a medium-bodied copper with chewy malt and a potent hit of New World hops.

Granville Island Scottish Ale
Dark and malty with big roasty flavours and subtly hopped, this is the seasonal from Granville that I wait for all year.

Yaletown Saison
Dry and lemony with a recognizable Saison character lent by the Belgian yeast.
Available on tap at Yaletown Brewing and The Alibi Room

Yaletown Oud Bruin
After one year of careful aging, brewer Iain Hill unleashes his most legendary brew, sour and complex with a hint of cherry.
Available on tap at Yaletown and The Alibi Room.

Driftwood Brewery adds a few more to add to your list; each shall be available within 4-6 weeks, in no particular order...

Belle Royale
Driftwood departs from the original Belle Royale brand with this Kriek style sour ale as a continuation in the Bird of Prey series. 2 years of barrel aging and blending of various ales intentionally infected with Brett, as well as Lacto and Pedio, yield a complex and funky aroma combined with a pleasant fruitiness and a shocking acidity. For sour beer connoisseurs, this is a must have.

Clodhopper Dubbel
Vancouver Island malt is in the forefront of this traditional Belgian style beer. Addition of specialty malts adds a nice roated cereal note to a typically dry beer, and when combined with the phenols produced by Belgian yeast strains, this beer will have an illusion of sweetness, balanced by a very subtle bitterness of the malts and bittering hops. Very smooth, full bodied, and drinkable.

edit: hopefully all beers will be without the addition of tampons...

Edited by Green Building, 13 March 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.