The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What does the team need, and what would we be willing to give up to get it?

So, In your opinion, what is the team lacking, and just how much are we willing to give up to get it?

Assets I'd be willing to move:

Booth, Raymond, Higgins, Weise, Ballard, Ebbett, Rodin, Vandermeer, 2013 >3rd round picks, and 2014 pick.

Where I think we could improve:

Right handed D man

Sharpshooting winger

Tough, shutdown centre

Obviously, every player has their price, and while I'd like to see us keep hold of both Goalies, if, for example, Tampa said "we desperately need Luongo, here's Stamkos" I'd take it...

As far as trade goes, I think we need to start looking at dealing Ballard 1 for 1 for a guy who can play the right side comfortably Since AV doesn't use Ballard, we might aswell just move him now and get something that would better suit the coaching staff/our roster.

For me though the main needs are:

- 3rd line center

- Bottom 6 LH faceoff/PK guy.

Right handed defenseman: Cody Franson

-He has really smartened up defensively and he has been producing offensively as well. He is a big gritty right handed shot that could work well with Edler.

3rd line center: Steve Ott

-He has tenacity and gritt, a really heart and soul guy who can shut down players and press them offensively

I would be psyched to get those guys in a trade. both are playing pretty good and could boost this team into cup favorites imagine a lineup of

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Raymond

Higgins-Ott-Hansen

Sestito-Lapierre-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Franson

Garrison-Tanev

Centerman: Goc/Steckel/Hendricks/McCormick/Mattias/Slater/thompson/Ott. Who to give up: Raymond, Weise,sweatt, Sauve mid to later picks

Rhd: Carlson/Franson/Hamonic/Gudbranson Who to give up: Goalie, Raymond, Ballard, picks, Sauve, Connauton, Booth

So, In your opinion, what is the team lacking, and just how much are we willing to give up to get it?

Assets I'd be willing to move:

Booth, Raymond, Higgins, Weise, Ballard, Ebbett, Rodin, Vandermeer, 2013 >3rd round picks, and 2014 pick.

Where I think we could improve:

Right handed D man

Sharpshooting winger

Tough, shutdown centre

Obviously, every player has their price, and while I'd like to see us keep hold of both Goalies, if, for example, Tampa said "we desperately need Luongo, here's Stamkos" I'd take it...

After reading many scouting reports about B. Gaunce I would really like to see him called up in order to determine his NHL readiness. Gaunce is listed at 6'3,215 . He is described as a solid two-way and positionally responsible player. Shoots left and strong in the faceoff circle. Good leadership and character with the willingness to play a tough game. Gaunce was compared to players such as Ryan Johansen, Ryan O'Reilly and Mark O'Neill and additionally compared to Ryan Kessler(at best) in terms of offensive potential and two-way play. At worst a strong third line centre throughout his career. Finally, it was said that aside from Nail Yakapov, Gaunce was the most NHL ready in the 2012 draft.

If Gaunce was called up and it was determined he could perform at a sufficient level, I would hold off on making a trade for a centre. Keep in mind his size and our need for a strong left handed faceoff man. Scouting has described him as such.

With the above in mind I would look at trading for (2 trades or three way deal) to aquire players such as Clowe,Perry for wing and on D, Hedman or Hamonic.

Clowe or Perry would help spread scoring and grit through the entire forward lineup.

Hedman is young with enormous potential and size and would probably do well with Edler.

Hamonic comes with skill and a right hand shot.

To TB. Schneider,Ballard,Van 3rd

To SJ. Purcell and TB 2nd, Van d prospect.

To Van. Clowe,Hedman,Garon

In order to get Clowe or Perry I think the only way it would happen is through a three way.

Sedin Sedin Clowe

Booth Kessler Burrows

Higgins Schroeder Kassian

Jensen/Sestito. Lapierre/Gaunce. Weise

Bieksa Hamhius

Edler Hedman

Garrison Tanev/Barker Vandermeer

Luongo Garon

Thoughts? Add,subtract or alter the trade where u feel fit.

Raymond to TB instead of 3rd. Either Schneider or Luongo could go.

Archived