The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kass and Kesler

TrogBurr24

My two biggest concerns, Ill Start with Kesler. I feel he comes back from injury and he is going to play, like he thinks he is playing at his best. problem is, he is not, he needs to go back to doing the things that made him an all-round threat. his break out year, that summer he spent shooting pucks, working on his shot day after day, for two off seasons/seasons he has been injured and unable to do so. he still can shoot, but its not the same, he needs to go back to doing the easy things, he's not ready for hero mode yet. plus of course stop getting injured.

Now as for Kassian, it frustrates me nearly every shift this kid is on the ice. he seems so lost half the time. i get he is good he has hands he is strong, but his smarts need to improve, leaps and bounds. he doesn't ever seem to read plays. so often in his defensive zone i see him watching the play. Schnieder bailed him out twice last night. and getting it off the boards and out, cant always be a flick it past him and try and go around him. this is the NHL.

Those are two things i feel need to be addressed.

My two biggest concerns, Ill Start with Kesler. I feel he comes back from injury and he is going to play, like he thinks he is playing at his best. problem is, he is not, he needs to go back to doing the things that made him an all-round threat. his break out year, that summer he spent shooting pucks, working on his shot day after day, for two off seasons/seasons he has been injured and unable to do so. he still can shoot, but its not the same, he needs to go back to doing the easy things, he's not ready for hero mode yet. plus of course stop getting injured.

Now as for Kassian, it frustrates me nearly every shift this kid is on the ice. he seems so lost half the time. i get he is good he has hands he is strong, but his smarts need to improve, leaps and bounds. he doesn't ever seem to read plays. so often in his defensive zone i see him watching the play. Schnieder bailed him out twice last night. and getting it off the boards and out, cant always be a flick it past him and try and go around him. this is the NHL.

Please, please learn how to use punctuation correctly, this was a nightmare to read.

When it comes to Kassian I think you have to give him time. The kid is a good young hockey player and is still learning the game. NHL smarts come with experience, and thats what we are trying to give him. You can't expect him to instantly be able to read complex plays right away. Most of our forward core has been playing together their whole careers, and in time Kassian will be right there with them.

How else would you want to get Kesler to spend months working on his shot again and getting healthier?

And you presented no solution regarding Kassian, so do we shut him down too?

Or just continue making redundant, whiny threads about said players?

That'll learn 'em.

How does anything i said, have to do with shutting either of them down. good for you and your im so cool comment, keep up the good work plug.

How else would you want to get Kesler to spend months working on his shot again and getting healthier?

And you presented no solution regarding Kassian, so do we shut him down too?

Or just continue making redundant, whiny threads about said players?

That'll learn 'em.

So the coaching staff is going to make Kesler healthy and more resistant to further injury? Very nice.

Meanwhile Kassian's doing fine. Yes, he'll make the odd mistake and i'm certain the coaches have pointed them out.

If you'd quit complaining about responses and instead come up with some helpful thoughts, perhaps this thread wouldn't be so useless. Fair enough?

your on your own for the rest of this convo bud. this thread has nothing to do with whining. In fact I am a very happy Canuck fan, always have been. just a couple things i've noticed. feel need to be dealt with by coaching staff. so again good day to you.

Please, please learn how to use punctuation correctly, this was a nightmare to read.

When it comes to Kassian I think you have to give him time. The kid is a good young hockey player and is still learning the game. NHL smarts come with experience, and thats what we are trying to give him. You can't expect him to instantly be able to read complex plays right away. Most of our forward core has been playing together their whole careers, and in time Kassian will be right there with them.

So the coaching staff is going to make Kesler healthy and more resistant to further injury? Very nice.

Meanwhile Kassian's doing fine. Yes, he'll make the odd mistake and i'm certain the coaches have pointed them out.

If you'd quit complaining about responses and instead come up with some helpful thoughts, perhaps this thread wouldn't be so useless. Fair enough?

Kass looked great when he played with the Twins; the difference is playing with guys good enough to enforce structure. Kassian's role became easy to figure out. And he went hard to the corner, back to the slot, to the end board in the cycle...

Part of the issue is playing with good players who control the play and Kassian can feed off that! Maybe we should accept that he is an offensive player and put him in those roles?

I'd like to find out if we have a Shanahan on our hands?

Kassian has looked great for the most part when it comes to positioning. I'm not so sure what you're talking about. He also makes some great offensive plays by using his teammates, and knowing when he can beat a guy 1 on 1 or not. If he can't stick handle around a guy, then he needs to put it in the corner, and beat him with his size. Watch a little closer, he's playing great for his first full season without bouncing between the N and the A.

I thought you were done.

Oh you're not? Excellent. However you haven't really added anything since your original brainwave, so now i guess I am done.

How does this end again? 'Good day sir?' Yeah.

i think its time to come down off your pedestal, it seemed to have slipped all the way up your a$$.

my comment was clearly not what your implying. only that in MY opinion, both there games need to be simplified.

Archived