The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Flames

-Vintage Canuck-

The call on AV tonight was an absolute joke. Don't get me started on the diving call on Danny a couple of games ago. WTF is going on?

Regardles, Canucks should have won tonights game...can't believe we couldnt get more than 2 passed Danny Taylor :picard: ...the rebound machine.

The officiating is random.

I have no idea what is or isn't a penalty anymore. Terrible for the on-ice product, distracting from what should be a great game. This goes both ways. It seriously appears to be random. I would have been fine with the Canuck's being shorthanded more than the flames this game (saw many canuck penalties not called) but I have no fricken clue when that whistle is going to blow and it's agggggggravating.

I think the Canucks have tuned out AV and staff .. Luongo was some pissed when he got to the bench for the extra attacker .. not a happy place to be right now .. Ballard for Komisarek .. AV will develop a crush quickly and at least one of our D will try to clear the front of the net ..

Just got back from the game and I honestly don't know why everyone is blaming the refs. Refs weren't great but they weren't great for both teams. This loss had nothing to do with the refs.

Sedin's had troubles, puck was bouncing a lot on them but they didn't play bad.

Kassian hasn't looked good. He looks like he's trying to hard to do more than he need to. Just get out there, crash and bang.

Luongo just got outplayed but a career AHL goalie who was shaky tonight. Not saying it's all his fault but our goalie getting paid 6.7 this year got outplayed by a goalie making .525. That should not happen...

thats the biggest load of b.s I've heard. The last week, we were lucky enough to face teams, on a back to back night only to lose those games. NO excuse what so ever. The day we start blaming the refs for "getting the short end of the stick" is they day we are beggining to suck.

The call on AV tonight was an absolute joke. Don't get me started on the diving call on Danny a couple of games ago. WTF is going on?

Regardles, Canucks should have won tonights game...can't believe we couldnt get more than 2 passed Danny Taylor :picard: ...the rebound machine.

please stop blaming the refs people...that game was ours to lose which we did...if we as a team consider ourselves elite then we cant leave it up to the refs to decide in a 1 goal game vs calgary rostering a no name tender.

but seriously, wtf is goin on with ballard?

please stop blaming the refs people...that game was ours to lose which we did...if we as a team consider ourselves elite then we cant leave it up to the refs to decide in a 1 goal game vs calgary rostering a no name tender.

but seriously, wtf is goin on with ballard?

For a little perspective.....

According to ESPN, Vancouver is....

tied for 14th in PIM (263).

5th for penalty minutes against (320).

11th for average PIM per game (13.15).

4th in major penalties (17).

tied for 12th (with Chicago & Detroit) in minor penalties (88).

tied for 15th place for boarding calls (3).

tied for 5th place for unsportsmanlike conduct calls (4).

tied for 4th in fighting penalties (17).

tied for 6th in interference penalties (16).

tied for 3rd for goalie interference calls (4).

3rd for average fights per game (0.85).

3rd for average time between fights (72:37).

have received 0 misconduct and instigator penalties.

tied for 11th for number of power play opportunities.

And most depressing of all...

20th for penalty kill percent.

Source: http://espn.go.com/n...erencePenalties

At this point I don't even want the Canucks to play for the Cup..

I want them to play just so you guys can shut up for once

I can already imagine people complaining after a Canucks Cup victory....

"Yeah we won, but Schneider let in two bad goals, maybe trade him in the offseason?"

What a mess! We have had a good sample size this season to get a good read on this team. Are we an elite team that is going to challenge for a cup or are we just a good or average team that as of right now, looks like we could lose in the first round. Being honest, is there anyone who actually believes we could beat Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, St.Louis or Detroit in a 7 game series?

1. 3-6 in the past 9

2. AV has had close to 7 years. Sometimes it's not the message but the messanger that needs to be changed.

3. Mike Gillis, you must accept the fact that you are not going to get what you WANT from Luongo and probably what you think he's worth. The fact is that at almost 34 years old and with a long term deal, it is apparent that other GM's aren't as desperate for this guy as we thought. Cut your loses, get the best possible package for him and free up his salary. Maybe by getting a first and a prospect or another pick, you could use that pick in a trade to get the player you want to help this team. The Canucks made it clear last spring that Schnieder was the guy. Enough is enough. Move on and get rid of this daily speculating that can't help but distract the team!

Archived