#61 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,315 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

didnt we hit two hard posts too?

Still wasn't a complete 60, or even 40. Calgary was better than us.

Where's salo, Volpatti, Torres, Erhoff, grabner?

Why are booth, garrison, sestito in canucks lineup!?

Gillis for GM of the year

I don't think any of those guys would have made any difference. And actually Booth had a great game.

I've been following the Canuck's for longer than many of you have been alive and for the first time I blame the coach for this madness.(Keenan excepted).

Beware, AV lovers will be all over you for even making that remark, they will say your whining. Just giving u a heads up.

buddy shut up , how was calgary the better team did you turn the game on in the third period?

we dominated the first two periods

We dominated the 1st, had the edge in play through half of the 2nd, Calgary came on late in the 2nd and were clearly better in the third.

We played half a game. Continue to blame the refs if you want, and continue to brush aside the fact this team isn't playing well enough as long as you would like, but we have to take accountability at some point and start making some changes and adjustments.

Unless we want to take comfort in blaming the refs when we are bounced early in the playoffs that is.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 03 March 2013 - 09:01 PM.

zackass.png

#62 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Stop blaming the Refs guys. It's their own fault, stop playing like losers. They go out their play a partial game. Hardest worker? Yet again, Hansen.

LOL. Don't blame the refs for biased BS calls and for completely dictating games?? Okay, you feel free to ignore reality.

#63 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,698 posts

Where's salo, Volpatti, Torres, Erhoff, grabner?

Why are booth, garrison, sestito in canucks lineup!?

Gillis for GM of the year

Most of them wanted more money - Erhoff said he wanted to play for a Stanley Cup contender - said the Sabres were the best choice - how's that view from the bottom?

I thought Booth had a pretty good game. Sestito was in Philadelphia last Thursday - give him a break.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#64 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Once again a rookie goalie looks like an all star because we can't beat him despite a billion rebounds. Once again the refs steal one with brutal non-calls for the Flames and calling crap against us.

Seriously? You're going to call a bench minor? After you completely ignored an elbow to the head? Get your head out of your asses, refs.

Side note: Last year we lost to Buffalo on this day too. I'm going to stop watching games on my birthday dammit.

Hey happy b day bud cheers

#65 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Fire AV right now! holy fack. We just lost to one of the worst teams i can't believe it :picard: . Schnieder better be playing for the next little bit because Luongo just had 2 stinker games in a row. We also need scoring so F Jensen going to the wolves we obviously need him now. at this rate we might even fall out of the playoffs. we are playing so bad :sick:

Shut up. I'm sick of hearing the same crap every f'n loss...
We played well considering the circumstances.
Posted Image

#66 bigbear451

bigbear451

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

That loss will give Calgary a worse pick!!

Eveyone complains that our division is too weak and that we have nothing to play for.

Everyone still thinking that?

#67 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,613 posts

Guys, the reffing was bad.

But Calgary was the better team, we had a good period or period and a half, but 20-30 minutes doesn't win a 60 minute hockey game, and that has been our problem.

Yes the reffing was bad but this game should never have been tied. Calgary was the better team from the goaltending on out.

Yikes, you sound like DownUndaNuck.

I think the Canucks played outright better than the flames for the first two periods, and the 3rd was maybe a little bit in favor for Calgary.

IMO, this was a well played game all things considered for the Canucks. Dominated play, played well defensively (1 empty net goal, 1 bounce off a defenceman, 1 WEAKKKKK goal on Luongo).. but finish finish finish, you have to put the puck in the net and they couldn't do that tonight.

#68 Kakanucks

Kakanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

so hamhuis and garrison has not been defensively sound this game, -3 and -2

is av going to hold them accountability and healthy scratch them to allow the team the best chance to win?

or does that only apply to keith ballard??

Edited by Kakanucks, 03 March 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#69 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,080 posts

LOL. Don't blame the refs for biased BS calls and for completely dictating games?? Okay, you feel free to ignore reality.

Can't blame every game on the refs. They are an elite team that is playing like a team who feels entitled to a playoff spot.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#70 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Aside from the awful reffing, Luongo's soft goal is inexcusable! that should never ever go in from that distance and clear sight of the damn puck!

#71 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

The officiating is getting so annoying.
There's obviously no bias, but it sure as hell feels like it.
FU refs
Posted Image

#72 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

POPULAR

lol.. other than the first goal Luongo played fine.. he has no chance on the 2nd goal and the 3rd goal went off of Garrison.. the first goal did not cost us the game.. questionable penalty and our inability to bury our chance did. stop saying it's like Luongo was the only reason why we lost coz he scored on himself 3 times. oh wait it's CDC it should be expected after every lost.

#73 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Can't blame every game on the refs. They are an elite team that is playing like a team who feels entitled to a playoff spot.

this is said everytime the reffs are beyond horrible , which has been like twice this season

should we all just bend over and take the nightstick up the A** like you do?

nah id rather call them out for being incredibly inconsistent

and to the guy swearing up and down that calgary outplayed us , i dont even believe you watched the game

Edited by cIutch, 03 March 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Posted Image

#74 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,698 posts

Losing to the Flames is unacceptable.
15 minutes into the 3rd and the Canucks only had 2 shots - brilliant.
I don't care about the travel issues or how the refs reffed it - good teams can win through adversity.
Better pick it up guys.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#75 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

As I predicted there is more whining about the refs. Truth be told they let both teams get away with a lot of stuff so IMHO AV is an idiot. I was wondering why Calgary's goon got a misconduct and when I saw why I remembered Kass and his little celebration earlier this year so that seems to be a rule that isn't always applied, just like AV's chirping penalty is rarely called. IMHO Barker and Hansen (congrats on the twins btw) played well and we all know who were the minus players on our team so I won't belabor the point except to note that when teams play the twins tough they disappear. Sestito is looking like a useless bag of meat but what did we expect when half the league passed on him? The first goal was easily the worst goal that Lou has given up all year and since we lost by one (ignoring the EN goal) that is troubling, as was the fact that the hockey gods served up yet another piece of fresh AHL goalie meat for us to devour and we blew it big time yet again. No killer instinct on this team it seems.

#76 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

One-game losing streak, fire/trade everyone!!1!1! :frantic:

Barker had a good game imo, still curious as to wtf is happening with Ballard.

Regardless of the strange travel arrangements, we have to show up for these games. Not sure if this is players or coaching but something needs to give. This happens all too often.

Reffing, as usual, was inconsistent but I don't think it changed the game for us. They missed some calls against us too.

Reading many comments about us dominating for much of the game. This may be true but those times when we don't--appallingly and spectacularly cringeworthy.

Edited by Vicky, 03 March 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#77 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,575 posts

The officiating is getting so annoying.
There's obviously no bias, but it sure as hell feels like it.
FU refs

Ive been saying since the change the 2 ref system is flawed games were more enjoyable to watch with just one ref.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#78 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,959 posts

The travel was no excuse in this game
Against the Flames and a rookie goalie who was fighting the puck all night? Should have been a steal.

No idea why Ballard is in AV's doghouse and Garrison isn't. Garrison's miscues have been more hideous than any of Ballard's. Maybe he should put himself in his own doghouse after lipping the refs and taking a penalty like that.

FWIW though, I liked Cam Barker's game today.

Chris Tanev is the real stud though. Wow is he good under pressure. And his outlet passes are terrific.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#79 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Not really everyone was slow. Alberts was in for Ballard for some reason that AV thought was good in his messed up mind. Luongo is started off awsome now is going down hill fast. Sedins didn't play well. Hamuis didn't even try to stop the guy on the wide open net. This game wasn't lost because of the delay it was lost cause our team has no heart right now. They just don't care.

#80 bigbear451

bigbear451

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

On the bright side Booth's game seemed to be improving. Forgot how fast he can be.

#81 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

At this point I don't even want the Canucks to play for the Cup..

I want them to play just so you guys can shut up for once

I can already imagine people complaining after a Canucks Cup victory....

"Yeah we won, but Schneider let in two bad goals, maybe trade him in the offseason?"

#82 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

this is said everytime the reffs are beyond horrible , which has been like twice this season

should we all just bend over and take the nightstick up the A** like you do?

nah id rather call them out for being incredibly inconsistent

and to the guy swearing up and down that calgary outplayed us , i dont even believe you watched the game

wow, what? that's outta nowhere.

Just saying, sometimes you gotta play with the cards you're dealt. Uninspired hockey isn't gonna get you far. This team isn't playing to their best ability.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#83 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

We played half a game. Continue to blame the refs if you want, and continue to brush aside the fact this team isn't playing well enough as long as you would like, but we have to take accountability at some point and start making some changes and adjustments.

Unless we want to take comfort in blaming the refs when we are bounced early in the playoffs that is.

im not souly blaming the reffs , i just understand it was a back to back game , they landed there 2 hours before puckdrop and still barely lost it

luongo makes that glove save and av doesnt open his mouth and it could be a diff game , so why worry so much

the sky isnt falling chicken little
Posted Image

#84 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Fire AV right now! holy fack. We just lost to one of the worst teams i can't believe it :picard: . Schnieder better be playing for the next little bit because Luongo just had 2 stinker games in a row. We also need scoring so F Jensen going to the wolves we obviously need him now. at this rate we might even fall out of the playoffs. we are playing so bad :sick:

LOL
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#85 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

any AV postgame?
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#86 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

I was impressed with Sesito and his on ice awareness, cycled well.

Not a liability on his shifts, like it.

#87 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

exactly , this sites full of the most pessimistic people in the world , and there mostly children

if your that negative at an early age then damn some of your lives are going to be depressing when you have to deal with real life issues
Posted Image

#88 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

AV basically cost us the game
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#89 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph

AV was hot after the game. Said he stood on the bench and yelled "that's an elbow" and got whistled. No swearing and no previous warning.

To those who think the officials aren't a problem ^^
No warning in a 2-2 game. Yah, that's great officiating.

#90 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

At this point I don't even want the Canucks to play for the Cup..

I want them to play just so you guys can shut up for once

I can already imagine people complaining after a Canucks Cup victory....

"Yeah we won, but Schneider let in two bad goals, maybe trade him in the offseason?"

lmfaoooo
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.