321 replies to this topic

#121 24K PureCool

24K PureCool

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Where are the NFL subsitute refs, they can do a better job then these zebras. A bench minor, seriously!!!

#122 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Tonight is a good example of what happens when you fail to compete...the Sedins didn't bother showing up until the final five minutes of the game...as good as they were last night, they were equally bad tonight. They should not have even bothered making the trip to Calgary.

Travel to Calgary is only one hour by chartered air...90 minutes if they were in holding pattern due to bad weather; from NW Calgary to Saddledome is 30 to 40 minutes by chartered bus; they may have been delayed prior to departure so the entire travel may have been 5-6 hours, but most of that is waiting in a private airport lounge or on board the plane where they can rest (albeit, it isn't the comfort of a bed where they would be having their pre-game nap). Point is, fatigue isn't what caused tonight's lack of effort, especially three days of rest they had prior to the LA game.

There was no speed on the puck, failure to win puck battles, failure to close it out early in the game when we had energy...I honestly thought that we were ready to go on a roll after last nights game. What a disappointment...it looks like we have a .500 club going forward...this team is looking more and more like a group of pretenders than contenders.

Lastly, a career AHL/ECHLer outplayed Lu tonight...shameful.

1 more goal and the goalie gets completly outplayed? Their goalie had to outplay our team to give the Flames a chance to win...Goalies don't really compete or outplay other goalies. I guess then you can say Schnieder who hasn't played a full season yet outplayed Quick the Conn Smythe winner.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#123 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

this is said everytime the reffs are beyond horrible , which has been like twice this season

should we all just bend over and take the nightstick up the A** like you do?

nah id rather call them out for being incredibly inconsistent

and to the guy swearing up and down that calgary outplayed us , i dont even believe you watched the game

Gillis already called them out in the playoffs against Chicago and look where that got us
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#124 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,401 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

307mg00.jpg

#125 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,896 posts

Refs are a joke, against the Canucks every which way

apple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

#126 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

burrows do we really need him.

yea we do , but this board could definitely go without a know it all like you
Posted Image

#127 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Anyone listening to the Team1040 right now? Price and Patterson are complaining about Schroeder on the point on the PP? Like that's an issue....

#128 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Gillis already called them out in the playoffs against Chicago and look where that got us

... and that was when he was using statistics. Can you imagine what would happen if he just lost it? :lol:

#129 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

What happened with that Schroeder goof in the faceoff circle? That was kind of weird. Why didn't the linesmen wait for him? Is that kosher, or is it another example of bad reffing?

#130 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph
Couple of #canucks have confirmed that's all AV said. Shouldn't have been whistled for a bench minor for that. Soft call.

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer
AV: "If the same accountability that is demanded of players and coaches is demanded to referees that's not acceptable..."

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer
More AV: "There's no way we should lose this game on a call like that." #Canucks
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#131 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

A.V. questionable decisions aren't paying off. Schneider should have got the start, not LU. Lu should be on the bench for a long while now. He's not winning.

#132 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,382 posts

When are people going to actually blame the players and the coaches for a loss that shouldn't have happened instead of refs and travel? This is happening practically every game now and has been for the better part of a year.

Seriously, suck it up Canucks.......if you are this tired 20 games in you may as well phone it in the rest of the way and go for a high draft pick.

Time to make a move Gillis........whatever it takes to inject some heart. Firing AV and company would be a great place to start.

#133 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

A.V. questionable decisions aren't paying off. Schneider should have got the start, not LU. Lu should be on the bench for a long while now. He's not winning.

but it was a back to back game
Posted Image

#134 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Schneider won 1 last night after losing game before.....1 win goalie is on a winning streak? Lu lets in 5 or more, you got a point it was 3-2 before a empty net

After we beat the Stars 4-3, people were saying Schneider played solid just because we won.

Lu lets in 3 but we lose by a goal, all his fault, he is on the downhill.....lol k

Edited by cmpunk, 03 March 2013 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#135 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,346 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

yea we do , but this board could definitely go without a know it all like you

ok then.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#136 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,382 posts

Couple of #canucks have confirmed that's all AV said. Shouldn't have been whistled for a bench minor for that. Soft call.

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer
AV: "If the same accountability that is demanded of players and coaches is demanded to referees that's not acceptable..."

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer
More AV: "There's no way we should lose this game on a call like that." #Canucks

AV taking about accountability???? LOL With his country club atmosphere for his favorites on this team? What a joke.

And as for the first comment, the only Canuck who would actually say AV did deserve the penalty is probably Ballard.....lol. Honestly, what does anyone think Canucks players would say?

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 03 March 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#137 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

but it was a back to back game

And Lu has only lost 2 games in regulation, and has arguably been better than Cory this season

g3HKFnX.png

#138 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,545 posts

Come on Gillis. Pull the trigger on Vig now, it's well past time!

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#139 bleedingbluegreen

bleedingbluegreen

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Gillis said last night that we should as fans be happy the last 5 years for good hockey,but I would say its bin frusterating not knowing which team is going to show up stomebone 1 or stromebone 2

#140 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,600 posts

AV taking about accountability???? LOL With his country club atmosphere for his favorites on this team? What a joke.

Get over the favorites B.S. already

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#141 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,675 posts

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer

That is what I've been waiting for AV to say! Good on him!

#142 CanuckGM2013

CanuckGM2013

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

at this time last year we had nine losses, we only have 6 right now, calm down. i grow tired of Bi polar Canucks fans.

#143 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Biased refs as usual. AV with a penalty? This is so embarrassing to watch these days. Can the nhl ever get anything right??

Wasn't the only reason we lost, but it did lead to the game winning goal for calgary

Pineapple_jumps.gif9rpqmc.jpgPineapple_jumps.gif

Thanks to Blueberries for the awesome sig!

#144 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer

Go AV! It's about time someone outed the farce that is NHL refereeing!

#145 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

We got out played by the Flames. That is bad. Let's hope it was just the travel disruption, because the team just didn't look awake for most of the game. No one was particularly bad. It's the fact that it's just like the last few games that is worrying. We need to get into gear before the season passes us by. Maybe slipping into a division race with the Wild wouldn't be a bad thing.

I see Sestito is going after Odjick's record (444G, ~4.8PM/G). It's good to have a goon on the team. His hockey skills don't look all that bad either.

This the same Sutherland ref who let bruins walk free after Mason Raymond had his back broke?

I liked the way the league "ammended" that rule after the series to point out that that should have been a match penalty for Boychuck. I think, even with out anemic special teams in the Finals, we could have won the cup with a 59 minute power play.

#146 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Ballard benched again. I was at work for the game, how did Barker play? Can someone please summarize?

I thought Barker looked like a TOP 4 D tonight to be honest, i paid close attention to his game tonight. very solid, got a bunch of pucks on net unlike most our other D, no glaring mistakes, good coverage. all in all i really liked what i saw there.

Can't speak for everyone, but I thought he had a solid game. He got an assist, took a few good shots at the goal, played pretty solid in the d-zone. Wasn't a huge splash, but he wasn't a bonehead so that's a plus.

Not impressed at all with Sestito though.

yup Barker looked solid but i disagree on Sestito, more of a force yesterday but for god sake , give dude a pass, he was beast last night,sparked the team and even took on McGratton even though he mainly hung on and made sure he didnt get knocked out.
We need a dude like this in the lineup. He's gonna be a solid 4th liner.

I like how Barker always takes the shot from the point. Got an assist on a rebound from a blue-line wrister. Other than that, didn't notice him much.

which u want from a Defensemen. made good outlet passes.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#147 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer

YES KEEP IT COMING AV.

#148 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Face it guys, the Canucks have set the standard for themselves high. They got to the SCF a couple years ago and completely blew it worse than many losing teams have throughout history. A lot of fans are going to be quite testy and critical until the team gets it done. Kudos to those who are pretty mellow but the critics have a right to sound off the way they do after bad losses, in my opinion.

We may all react differently to how the Canucks play but I believe for the most part every fan absolutely loves this team and wants the same thing: the Cup.

#149 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Where's salo, Volpatti, Torres, Erhoff, grabner?

Why are booth, garrison, sestito in canucks lineup!?

Gillis for GM of the year

Booth invisible, Garrison is decent and Sestito was aweosme last night jesus christ. Some of these sky is falling fanboys need to smoke some kush.

Aside from the awful reffing, Luongo's soft goal is inexcusable! that should never ever go in from that distance and clear sight of the damn puck!

agree 100%. a goalie making 6 million year should give his owner a 100K refund for letting in something that weak.
that goal will be seen around the league and followed by chuckles.

I was impressed with Sesito and his on ice awareness, cycled well.

Not a liability on his shifts, like it.

i saw the same thing he is solid positionally makes good plays (one bad pass) and stir things up, we need that.
Sestito was awesome last night and fine tonight, looked good the first couple periods outside of the hugfest with psycho McGratton.

AV was hot after the game. Said he stood on the bench and yelled "that's an elbow" and got whistled. No swearing and no previous warning.

This pisses me off.

Bush League Clownshow, the inconsistency is amateur hour.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#150 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

i don't understand why people are calling for AV's head. The PP is struggling due to Kesler's absence, t and the Canucks were out of gas in the third, in conjunction to the BS penalty call on AV which cost Vancouver the game. pretty simple

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.