The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If You Could..

Brad Marschnoz

If you could enter the Canucks' dressing room for a day before a game, what would you have to say to motivate them for the remainder of the season, and into the playoffs? Would you focus on the positive to boost their spirits? Show them a motivational video? Be pessimistic in hopes that it will want them to prove you wrong? Make a motivational speech? I'm curious about what you guys would do because clearly AV isn't doing enough before games to motivate us to play a full 60 minutes.

Personally I would come up with a motivational speech stating how much of the underdog we are when it comes to winning the cup to all of the other teams. How good would it feel to prove them all wrong? I know our team's potential and capabilities, we just need that extra little kick in the ass to get them rolling for a whole 60 minutes a game, EVERY game. We've all seen our boys with motivation and we're truly unstoppable.

I wouldn't prepare some big motivational speech. Remind them to play their game, talk some strategy. Then I would leave them some quiet time to think/motivate themselves from within. Big speeches can get you fired up temporarily but true motivation comes from inside and stays through the whole game.

Also we aren't really an underdog.

After getting to game 7 of the finals and then losing in the first round the next year i don't think anything can motivate this team. They just need more grit and determination and i don't think they have it yet or are just not showing it? It seems as though their a mess when one or two players go down to injury? Someone really needs to light a fire under their @sses, because there's no consistency to this team.

Oh and how the hell is Chicago not getting any injuries, are they just gonna win forever? I know i'm gonna do kart wheels after their first lose! Hopefully they get the presidents trophy curse and poop the bed in the playoffs.

After getting to game 7 of the finals and then losing in the first round the next year i don't think anything can motivate this team. They just need more grit and determination and i don't think they have it yet or are just not showing it? It seems as though their a mess when one or two players go down to injury? Someone really needs to light a fire under their @sses, because there's no consistency to this team.

Oh and how the hell is Chicago not getting any injuries, are they just gonna win forever? I know i'm gonna do kart wheels after their first lose! Hopefully they get the presidents trophy curse and poop the bed in the playoffs.

Archived