The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If You Could..

Brad Marschnoz

I'd say "Alain, go get me a beer. Tom.. Zack.. Whoever beat the crap out of Duncan Keith tonight gets the shifts with the twins after the penalty kills for the rest of the year. Dale, max, this does not apply to you. Kevin, you can if you want to but don't have to. Mason, I love the effort lately but I got my eye on you. Booth, score a freakin goal already!! Ryan, enough with the diving.... Alright boys lets go stomp the hawks!"

I'd point out that in terms of wins and losses, we're barely above 500. Yes, that's right. 500. Add the regular time losses and the ot losses and stack them up against the wins and you get an 11-10 hockey team.

Then I would ask them if they think they're a 500 hockey club.

Of course, a single pep talk isn't going to do squat. Frankly, I think that mediocre is going to be ok for this team, because they're all telling themselves how good they are while what is arguably the single best collection of talent Canucks fans have ever seen is slowly falling apart. But it's ok, because everyone is convinced we're actually an 11-6 team.

I wish they were.

In the world of playoff hockey this is a team that has won one more game than it's lost. And if they can't play better than 1 game over 500 in the playoffs, they won't get to the end. Not even close. Av has been a great coach, there's no denying that. But there comes a point where the coach starts to lose the room. The signs are there that he's starting to lose the room, but sadly I think no one will do anything for a while to come. Gillis will point out they're a 11-6 team. The players will point out they're a 11-6 team. The fans will point out they're a 11-6 team.

But they're not.

turn back time, If I could find a way I'd take back those words that hurt you and you'd stay

I don't know why I did the things I did I don't know why I said the things I said

Pride's like a knife it can cut deep inside

Words are like weapons they wound sometimes.

oh, sorry, thought this topic was a thread to one of my most favorite ever ever song,

Archived