The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When is it time to panic? Canucks are 3-5-1 in last 9 games

DonaldBrashear

I like how the thread is titled last 9 games when this was created, add in the even 10th it's 4-5-1, little doom and gloom... Do you work for the Province by chance?

Yes the Canucks need to improve and have been brutal for a small stretch but this happens to every team every year. Even the Blackhawks will eventually slow down and struggle at some point this year. And I'm sure you won't see Darth Kane crying sky is falling every day until it ends.

The players have not tuned out AV...like Ron Wilson in Toronto,or Therrien in Pittsburgh...There's no garauntee that a coaching change in midstream would provide winning results either.On the contrary,we could go into a prolonged losing skid with a new bench boss and staff.

I was concerned a couple of nights ago. Tonight, I think it's time to panic. Not because of the score. Rather, it's because it looks like they've given up. Time for that coaching change.

I like how the thread is titled last 9 games when this was created, add in the even 10th it's 4-5-1, little doom and gloom... Do you work for the Province by chance?

Yes the Canucks need to improve and have been brutal for a small stretch but this happens to every team every year. Even the Blackhawks will eventually slow down and struggle at some point this year. And I'm sure you won't see Darth Kane crying sky is falling every day until it ends.

I have a feeling a lot of people are ready to hit the panic button now after losing to San Jose. Going under, season's lost!

Well now isn't the time to panic, but to stay objective and see what's wrong with the team and what could be made right with it. Dealing Luongo for a second-liner won't give you value in return, in the long run, it will suck lifeblood out of the team.

Canucks' best bet is to address the problem in the locker room and and review their plans. No need to overhaul the roster or coaching staff yet.

Archived