The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When is it time to panic? Canucks are 3-5-1 in last 9 games

DonaldBrashear

I have an idea, it's a little crazy, a little radical but bear with me, here it is - last season was a different season. Chicago's coach is a different coach from Vancouver's. One of those coaches made changes to his system, has set a record for wins to start a season (this one, the new one!), and his name seems to be coming up in all the Jack Adams speculation. The other coach is sticking with the same ol' same ol'.

Of course I haven't been able to figure out which is which, but give me time, my theory is a work in progress.

Smart people don't panic and keep their heads and wits about them when things go wrong. When you panic that's when you made bad decisions or trades. Do you think Sir Alex Ferguson panics when his team lost in the Champions League?

"The NHL Draft: Is Gillis even worse than his predecessors?''

- I'm extremely annoyed at some unknown person who keeps locking down anything she doesn't like. This is a sad, pathetic joke. Who is this person?

- MG is a total incompetent... who should never (never) have been made GM. His "performance" over the last year has been so bad it doesn't deserve to be called a joke.

e.g. trading CH for a winger we don't have room for; not trading Luongo when he promised he would; not getting rid of Malhotra; not getting rid of Ballard; not bringing in a center; getting rid of Salo; needlessly losing Volpatti; etc., etc.

Ok guys I am really starting to panic. I won't even care if we lost to CBJ as long as we dominate them 24/7 in all 3 periods, but ends up losing because of bad luck. But this isn't happening, and we are getting outplayed by CBJ. If this keeps up we MUST trade away one of our goalies to have ANY chance in the playoffs. This is a fact. Sedins are not getting any younger. It aren't fair to them if we don't provide them with the best team to give them the best chance at the Cup.

I am seeing no effort. I am seeing no heart. Something is really really wrong. I don't know what it is. But it has me worried.

From what this team has shown me, we cannot afford to have a $6 or $4 million dollar goalie sitting on the bench. We cannot win the Cup this way. We need more scoring talents. That's all I am saying.

I am not usually the type the panic. I am normally pretty patient. But this team is really starting to worry me.

That OT goal is total prove that AV's system doesn't work. We got 3 guys in front of the net and no one bother stopping that guy? Whatever system AV is trying to put on those guys doesn't work at all.

You cannot play system 24/7. You need to allow room for hockey instincts and common sense. E.g. When the enemy with the puck is going to the front of your net, CHARGE OUT to stop him. Screw the position that you are SUPPOSED to be in. Hockey instincts. Common sense.

Nope, not aloud to worry. If you worry, CDC elitists will look down on you. How far does this team have to fall before some pressure and urgency is felt?

This horrible record, and the Canucks still don't care. Absolutely brutal.

Gillis, this is on you. Your players don't care, your coach doesn't care, and apparently you don't care. Make a change! Seriously!

8 regulation wins wont cut it. That's not good enough. And for all the overtime we've hit, how can only ONE person have scored for the Canucks before it hits shootout? That it ridiculous. SHOW SOME HEART, YOU POOR SAPS!

Archived