The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cam Barker: What went wrong?

Barker looked great last night. Tentative at first but he settled in quick and did not play poorly at all. The guy kept getting shots to the net and giving other players chances. Some of the top defense man on the Canucks have struggled to do even that.

Barker fit well last night and in my view exposed some some of the other defense man that he was playing with. One couldn't blame Ballard for anything, he wasn't on the ice.

Why on earth did it take AV this long to put Barker in? In some ways I thought Barker played better than Garrison last night. Once again Gillis has acquired assets for AV to win with and AV shelves it. Last night was the first time AV used Barker.

My observation is added to a growing number of people thinking the problems aren't so much on the ice than behind the bench.

Barker is big and more mobile than I thought. I remember him in Chicago, I loathed the guy. AV you need to use this guy more so other teams fans and players loath him for all the right reasons. He'll never get the chance if you don't play him.

Can Barker a pleasant surprise from last nights game.

with exception of the first 2 picks, the 2004 draft will come down as 1 of the worst drafts in 20 years. Ironically in Vancouver's point of view, it's one of our most successful drafts, with all the players playing in the NHL except for one player.

I heard Cam Barker also smoked a pack day. Not sure about now, this was reported by some Oilers fans.

with exception of the first 2 picks, the 2004 draft will come down as 1 of the worst drafts in 20 years. Ironically in Vancouver's point of view, it's one of our most successful drafts, with all the players playing in the NHL except for one player.

I heard Cam Barker also smoked a pack day. Not sure about now, this was reported by some Oilers fans.

Archived