Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pears

(Trade) Mike Brown to Edmonton

33 posts in this topic

As per the Oilers twitter account:

"TRADE: #Oilers have acquired Mike Brown from the @MapleLeafs in exchange for a 4th round selection in the 2014 #NHLDraft."

more toughness coming into our division. For his size he is a tough bugger

Wish we still had Volpatti, those two would make a great matchup.

Yeesh. A 4th for a guy who'll do nothing but watch his team being run over from the bench?

A 4th rounder for a plug?

Mike Brown is 4th liner who can pull a regular shift and sub in on the 4th line. He can drop the gloves too.... but way over-payment by the Oilers.

Why would Toronto do that? I liked Brown :(

Well Edmonton clearly wanted some toughness... putting claims in for both Patti & Sestito.

But I thought they'd go bigger for sure.

Overpayment by the Oilers. As I remember it Mike Brown as a Canuck was pretty much useless, would always clutch and grab in his fights.

It apears to be an overpayment on the Oilers part by sending a 4th round pick for Brown in my opinion.

if oilers wanted a tough guy why didnt they just claim sestito mcgratten or volpatti.

Mcgratten sure is tough and he can hit, I was impressed alst night he handled sestito pretty easily.

But yes, overpayment for a 4th line guy whos good for a fight. He can skate well and I thought he did PK when im anaheim

Overpayment on the Oilers end. We'll see how this plays out.

The Oilers have Eager and Hordichuk (minors) so they already have some toughness. Albeit Eager takes bad penalties and suffers from Canuck induced concussion syndrom and Hordi is a genuine plug so maybe Brown can be a bit better overall.

Decent trade IMO ... I only watched him play twice this year but he was pretty good I thought for his role

Not sure why the Oilers wanted another "tough guy"? To me it seems like it should be the least of their worries