658 replies to this topic

#1 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

On mobile so I can't post the tweets, but its from News1130. Speculation is that he'll ask for a trade

#2 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

And the soap opera continues..............
Posted Image

#3 Lack_Juice

Lack_Juice

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think a trade will give this team a spark

Edited by burr_kess, 04 March 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Kesler and Burrows FTW!

#4 Gage

Gage

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

I think its pretty obvious he is going to be bought out at the end of the year, this comes as no suprise.

#5 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,081 posts

Thanks AV.
Posted Image

#6 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

#7 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Easier said than done, though. Canucks do not have enough depth to give him up and not get another d-man back (preferably someone who can play on the right - which seems to be the issue with Ballard).

#8 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,261 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

POPULAR

Omfg wtf is wrong with av... Ballard has been one of our best dmen and he got benched over eddy hamhuis garrison and Albert's who have all played worse than him.
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my book. Go Canucks Go!
Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#9 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Easier said than done, though. Canucks do not have enough depth to give him up and not get another d-man back (preferably someone who can play on the right - which seems to be the issue with Ballard).

The issue with Ballard is that he was never allowed to play his game under AV's system. We've seen flashes of what he really can do, and he's been spectacular defensively paired with Tanev this season save for the game prior to him being scratched.

#10 CanuckGAME

CanuckGAME

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

POPULAR

Why the fack is he even in the doghouse? I thought he's been playing spectacular hockey this season

I am a AV supporter, but he is acting like a tool. Ballard has been great....

#11 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

POPULAR

His Agent is only now talking to management? Jeeze over the past couple of years you think he would have had MGs number on speed dial. I would be looking for a new agent if I was Ballard.
Posted Image

#12 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

This guy had such potential when he came over from Florida.. He hasn't done what was expected but he's still a good guy and a good hockey player.. Doesn't deserve to be treated like garbage from the coaches

Edited by Wheels22, 04 March 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#13 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Barker looked good last night, especially at 700K, if Ballard was at 1.2M a year it would be a different story but he's way overpriced.
I like Ballard but he's just too much money.
I wish him luck in FLA w/Luo.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#14 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

His Agent is only now talking to management? Jeeze over the past couple of years you think he would have had MGs number on speed dial. I would be looking for a new agent if I was Ballard.

I'd guess it was either Ballard keeping him from saying anything, or a bunch of empty management promises to get more icetime that finally broke the camel's back.

#15 Caledonian Canuck

Caledonian Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

I hope we do trade Keith. He deserves a chance to shine and it seems like he has no chance with AV.

We need another right - handed D-man, hopefully a lot cheaper than KB4.

#16 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

I think it is more that Ballard was being patient, probably told his agent to hold off, the team was playing great and he had some injuries along the way.

Now the Canucks are playing only okay hockey and he has been consistantly one of our better defense men. He feels he has improved enough to earn a spot but it isn't happening. Patience has run out and he has decided enough is enough.

Get him out of here for his own sake. There are plenty of teams that are shallow on D.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#17 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

This is according to you. Management might think bArker, Alberts, vandermeer is sufficient depth. Not to mention any possible trades.

#18 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Barker looked good last night, especially at 700K, if Ballard was at 1.2M a year it would be a different story but he's way overpriced.
I like Ballard but he's just too much money.
I wish him luck in FLA w/Luo.

I'm sorry, but why would Florida want Luongo or Ballard back? They don't have the money to pay their contracts, nor do they have any use for them. They're last in the league, and they're going for Mackinnon or Jones.

#19 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,902 posts

Appropriate response by Ballard considering what AV is doing to his career. He must have pulled some kind of classic Ballard practical joke, and AV ended up throwing sh*t everywhere like the monkey he is.

If we do deal him, we need a C with some offensive upside, badly.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#20 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

AV plz dont be useless

#21 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,472 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

I'd guess it was either Ballard keeping him from saying anything, or a bunch of empty management promises to get more icetime that finally broke the camel's back.

Yah I guess its hard to know for sure. Coming towards the trade deadline I guess now is a good time to talk about potential trade scenarios.
Posted Image

#22 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

POPULAR

BACKBONE! FINALLY!

Up yours, AV!
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#23 Viking13

Viking13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

POPULAR

I'm getting tired :bored: of AV playing his favorites head games all the time... Change up the coach, he's losing the room or so it seems... There's almost zero emotion in the Canuck's game right now... Although I'll say it's been nice watching the Sedins (especially Henrik) show some jam and actually check with some ferocity and push back in the scrums etc...
Bush league fans have made Luongo the scapegoat for Vancouver's shortfall... Typical...

#24 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

POPULAR

I don't get why alot of you say Ballard has been constintly good but its a known fact he had 3 turn overs and was minus 2 in the Coyotes game. So are the smart Canuck fans implying that Ballard was scratched bc AV thinks he's ugly? There has much more to it than the way the guys look. I think we, as a fan, tend to think we are smarter or know what's going on more than the staff

#25 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Luo, Ballard.

Hamonic, Nelson, Cizikas, Nabokov.

#26 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

If Ballard is so frustrated with his play time maybe he should play better.

#27 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,602 posts

For once in CDC, it seems everyone is agreeing with each other on the same topic.

I m a strong av supporter because I base my judgment on stats and accomplishments, but this kind of treatment to player is so illogical that its hard to justify.

Wtf on Mother Earth would he scratch Ballard over Albert other than some personal agenda?

#28 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

I don't get why alot of you say Ballard has been constintly good but its a known fact he had 3 turn overs and was minus 2 in the Coyotes game. So are the smart Canuck fans implying that Ballard was scratched bc AV thinks he's ugly? There has much more to it than the way the guys look. I think we, as a fan, tend to think we are smarter or know what's going on more than the staff

He was great before that game. Edler has played mostly like trash and Hamhuis has been very lazy the later the game goes on. Neither have been benched despite Ballard outplaying them.

#29 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

It's probably best for both sides if he gets traded. He's a good player and deserves to play and maybe a good hockey trade can spark this team.

I don't think he's necessarily in the doghouse, I think they are trying to see what they have in Alberts and barker. That being said he's kinda the odd man out as he's not taking hamhuis or Edlers spot. It's our fortunate luck with injuries that's unfortunate for Ballard. I don't really agree with it at all but That's how I'm reading it.

I'd laugh so hard if a Raymond Ballard 1st deal goes down haha

#30 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

This is according to you. Management might think bArker, Alberts, vandermeer is sufficient depth. Not to mention any possible trades.

Yes, of course, that's my opinion. Canucks seem to be struggling at the right D position, though. I guess a lot will depend if someone like Barker can prove himself. Early days, though (and a pretty tough night to start on!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.