The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard's agent to talk to management

Talking about speed bumps........why not look at the post of mine you quoted and then tell me what that has to do with your response?

I said if you watch closely you will see that Tanev is the one moving the puck most of the time so it stands to reason he is the one who will pick up 2nd assists if they score off the rush.....

Yeah, well maybe you can turn a nut with an adjustable wrench, but a socket with a perfect fit absolutely works better. How many wannabe mechanics give up scratching their knuckles using less than ideal tools? AV has been creatively using all kinds of tools in odd places.

Drafting a BPA makes a heap of sense. But when the high paid vet (lets call him Steve Bernier to be generous) is displaced at RW; move him off the payroll and fill roles the team does need!.

Look at Montreal/Dallas who just swapped left and right wingers so they balanced their line up?

We needed to trade a LW when we acquired Booth.We needed to acquire a RW when we traded Samuelsson. We needed to trade Ballard when we acquired Hamhuis. We threw gas on the fire when we added Garrison. We needed a centre when we lost Hodgson. What could we have filled with $5.3 mill a year with Lou if we sign Schneider??? All of these could be potentially great moves if we balance the ship after the move!

We can't cry about letting guys go. In reality we do need a right handed shot D, a play maker to make all our wingers snipers, a centre, still some more size...Even if you give Ballard away for a 2knd or 3rd pick, we then have cap!

I think the coach is doing a good job all things considered. For crying out loud, we had a 5'7" rookie centring or 4th line last game? I put this on the GM to to get the ship back on track!

Still who would you sit to play you love child Ballard? Arguing about one damn assist, Barker got one assist in one game why arent you screaming for him to get some powerplay time?

Bottom line is we have 5 players much better then him on the PP, so who would you sit to bring in the juggernaut Ballard? I dont care if he has 5 assists this year he is still not a better option on the PP.

Hey elvis15......I enjoy responding to your posts and discussing things but I find it very annoying the way you always multipost and then post a huge wall of text to a bunch of different people. I don't have the patience to edit through your entire massive post to find whatever you were directing at me...;)

I'm sorry, but why would Florida want Luongo or Ballard back? They don't have the money to pay their contracts, nor do they have any use for them. They're last in the league, and they're going for Mackinnon or Jones.

Franson has 13 points in 21 games playing 16 min per game.......You don't see how being placed in an offensive role and on the PP has helped his confidence in even strength play as well?

Since the rest of our D have completely and totally done zero on the PP for several games now, you would not try a different guy to see if he can produce? Then you will get along great with AV.

Reasonable opinions, although I disagree since Hamhuis leads our D in PP points so far. I can see the need for a puck carrier and respect that you don't like Edler in that role, even agree to some extent, but then carrying the puck up ice isn't the only role on the PP.

He has had PP time, and not just as a throw in - he and Tanev were rewarded with regular PP shift earlier this season and saw some time there. I don't have the insight to why he wasn't tried more in the past, or what they saw that took him off when he did get chances, but I haven't seen anything myself that suggests he's better for it than the others.

I'm trying to remember what game they started to switch Ballard and Tanev around. You saying Tanev's only had one more point than Ballard in the time they played together suggests it was before the Feb 4 Van/Edm game. If so, that's true enough. Even still, essentially calling Tanev more of a designated puck mover doesn't hold water for me, and Ballard has to at least shoulder some of the responsibility for not doing it as well as Tanev is.

Hey elvis15......I enjoy responding to your posts and discussing things but I find it very annoying the way you always multipost and then post a huge wall of text to a bunch of different people. I don't have the patience to edit through your entire massive post to find whatever you were directing at me... ;)

Man its all there in NHL stats, just look dammit jeez,

plus Garrison/Edler/Bieksa/Hammhuis even Tanev are more effective PP players.

5 players with more upside on the PP, so who would you sit genius? It has to make sense other then Give Ballard some experimentation time because he is your man crush..

I dont have anything against Ballard, but he should go so we can spend that money on a more useful player in our top 6.

look at Chicago's defence outside of Keith/Seabrook/Hjalmarsson

Oduya - Waived by the Jets

Brookbank - Anaheim didnt re-sign him

Roszival - Old and slow

Leddy = Tanev

They dont have much depth in their D, but they make up for it with elite top 6 forwards (Kane,Toews,Sharp,Hossa) Then they got Stalberg, Frolik, Shaw, Bolland as complimentary players.

our 2nd line has no chemisty and all 3 (Booth - Kesler - Kassian) are powerforwards who cant pass.

We have some really good pieces like Higgins and Hansen on the 3rd line, but our 2nd line wingers are questionable.

So Ballard and Luongo needs to go to fix those areas.

Don't change on account of me. I just find that with guys like you who are verbose in their responses (like I am) and who present their evidence (like I try to do) I like to give the courtesy of a suitable reply rather than a one liner. I find that tough with the way multi-quotes are handled on this board.

I can agree to disagree with you about Ballard though. If he does get traded and goes on to become anywhere close to what he was before he came to Van then really only one conclusion can be made.

Spreading the ice-time around in a shortened season makes sense. It isn't a penalty to one player to give another a different look depending on your opponent. i wasn't bothered by Ballard sitting against LA but 2 games in a row makes zero sense based on play. Ballard doesn't deserve to be benched based on his play. If you want to cycle the other 7/8 guys in then great but it is being handled poorly IMO.

You can save each other player 30 seconds here and there to provide your other players a chance and a look. Incentive.

I've not argued that Ballard shouldn't bear some responsibility when he is playing poorly. I am holding the coaching staff to account for not rewarding him when he plays well.

I dont have anything against Ballard, but he should go so we can spend that money on a more useful player in our top 6.

Roszival - Old and slow

Leddy = Tanev

They dont have much depth in their D, but they make up for it with elite top 6 forwards (Kane,Toews,Sharp,Hossa) Then they got Stalberg, Frolik, Shaw, Bolland as complimentary players.

our 2nd line has no chemisty and all 3 (Booth - Kesler - Kassian) are powerforwards who cant pass.

We have some really good pieces like Higgins and Hansen on the 3rd line, but our 2nd line wingers are questionable.

Roszival - Old and slow

Leddy = Tanev

Archived