The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard's agent to talk to management

I used your simple and vague argument and then used other players as an example of how your argument/point was simple and vague. But you suggested I was comparing them on skill level; which I never did.

I have had someone agree with my point, and point out to you that, you may not have intended to say what you said, but the way you worded it made it seem as such. Yet you are continuing to argue it.

So simply - you are arguing Leddy is the same as Tanev, BECAUSE they are young, play sheltered minutes, and have the potential to be top 4 D - (as you can see....no mention of their skill and taken from what YOU said).....

If you cannot see the vagueness and fallacy in that argument.... then as I have said before... I don't know what to say.

I don't get why alot of you say Ballard has been constintly good but its a known fact he had 3 turn overs and was minus 2 in the Coyotes game. So are the smart Canuck fans implying that Ballard was scratched bc AV thinks he's ugly? There has much more to it than the way the guys look. I think we, as a fan, tend to think we are smarter or know what's going on more than the staff

Yes they are the same in that respect. so whats the problem? like i said, you're the one thats comparing their skills which i never did.

What you said is Leddy is a better defenceman because he plays an offensive role didnt you not? And i came back at you saying that they play a different style but you just cant accept that fact.

What exactly is your point? All youre doing is assuming and putting words in my mouth.

It's starting to look like things maybe coming apart in Lotus Land.

1) The way the Cody H deal went down was kind fo ugly

2) Manny's situation looks like it could have been handled better and is still an issue

3) the goalie situation, which is a hold-over form last year's SC exit

4) Some of Kesler and his agents comments and disagreements publicly with management

5) The apparent bias against Ballard - no room for error compared to other D

6) Hearing from the rookies that teh coach doesn't talk to them and explain what is rexpected of them but puts them in positions they can't succeed (Schroeder on 4th line C)

Just some examples bu the say where there's smoke there's fire. Seems to me there is far too much drama and personnel conflict/disconnect. along with questionable treatment of certain players.

Let's not forget Linden and Naslund , two of the greatest Nucks ever, both had issues with management.

Lots of little things can add up to a big thing and maybe it explains the disconnected team we are seeing on the ice. THe players are aware of all these things (and more) and are not immune to it.

You would root for him? I guess you defending every negative post about him as if you feel some personal responsibility to stand up for him wasnt obvious enough.

Your not a Canucks fan, your just in love with Ballard, do you have 4.2 Million laying around, we will trade him to you and you can brush his hair and praise him in the comforts of your own bedroom.

Archived