The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard's agent to talk to management

Canucks should find patrik Stephan and sign him, he's a former 1st overall so that means he knows how to play and is AWESOME!!!1!

Have any of you actually seen barker play? Really? Ballard is similar to barker? Barker doesn't use his body, and he's lazy as fauk. We didn't pick him up as a PTO because he's some top 4 everyone would want....

It's starting to look like things maybe coming apart in Lotus Land.

1) The way the Cody H deal went down was kind fo ugly

2) Manny's situation looks like it could have been handled better and is still an issue

3) the goalie situation, which is a hold-over form last year's SC exit

4) Some of Kesler and his agents comments and disagreements publicly with management

5) The apparent bias against Ballard - no room for error compared to other D

6) Hearing from the rookies that teh coach doesn't talk to them and explain what is rexpected of them but puts them in positions they can't succeed (Schroeder on 4th line C)

Just some examples bu the say where there's smoke there's fire. Seems to me there is far too much drama and personnel conflict/disconnect. along with questionable treatment of certain players.

Let's not forget Linden and Naslund , two of the greatest Nucks ever, both had issues with management.

Lots of little things can add up to a big thing and maybe it explains the disconnected team we are seeing on the ice. THe players are aware of all these things (and more) and are not immune to it.

Those of you who are using the overpaid chip are just dumb.

MG did not sign Ballard to that contract.. Even if he is overpaid, who cares.. If you sit him, that's 4.2 million sitting in the press box. That's still on your cap.. So why bench him at all, especially if he's doing well?

Most of you are talking as if benching a player clears his cap hit...

I think everyone is looking at this in the wrong light, we should be be pretty thankful that we can scratch Ballard while we have Bieksa injured, to me this is a great sign as to the depth of the Canuck's blueline.

It's kinda hard to put up points when you are not in the top 4, get no pp time, and play next to no minutes, and get benched or scratched every time you **** up.... How is a player supposed to thrive? I'd say he's pretty damn good defensively. One of the best hitters we have.

And those flashes are of what exactly - a reliable depth defenceman? He's had 15 points in 131 games for the Canucks after having been a 20-30 point guy elsewhere. Not all of that is on playing time, although obviously being dropped from PP minutes would affect it.

He's needed to be better with the chances he's been given, and while he's been pretty reliable in bottom pairing minutes particularly this year, he hasn't been good enough otherwise to warrant keeping his $4.2M once the cap goes down for next year. I don't fault the Canucks for at least trying Alberts and Barker for a game or two so we can see if they're good enough to keep as depth or if we need to upgrade for when next year rolls around.

I've got no problem with keeping him for this year, but also understand how he'd want a better opportunity than 3rd pairing and occasionally sitting a game. We'd have to move him sometime, so I wouldn't be offended if Gillis moved him this season if he felt he wasn't an option going forward. Ballard's been a good enough team guy by all accounts to deserve that if Gillis can make a deal.

AV is such a joke, if Ballard is traded we're not winning a cup with Barker/Alberts in our top 6.

Connauton will also be called up to play at some point in the season. Well, that's what he told his girlfriend apparently.. Managment told him he'd be called up at some point in the season to play. If he's good, he needs to be that rookie that shines for us. If he can't, then well our defense is terrible without Ballard.

I almost forgot Corrado.. Don't think he's ready though.

What bothers me the most is that he hasn't been tried as an offensive option. The knock on him from AV is that he isn't consistent enough in the defensive zone.... fine, ok.... then at least try him out as the puck carrier on the PP. Edler has looked so slow and plodding, eating up PP time by going back behind the net and lackidasically bringing it out, while Ballard is a much better skater and passer.

This is AV's real failing... putting players in positions for them to be successful.

Archived