The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scheider's new mask

uber_pwnzor

Saw this some hours ago, it's pretty sick.

542640_10151492308084819_1712372418_n.jpg

DAVEART.com

Cory Schneider, Vancouver Canucks, 2013

Schneider's Vancouver Millionaires mask

It's with a great pleasure and honor I present Cory Schneider's Vancouver Millionaires mask. The mask is custom made for the Vancouver's Millionaires uniform.

It was so exciting to create this one for your Cory, truly special. I love to be your painter :-)

On a distance it's an old school classic styled design with the stripes in focus with the beautiful logo on the top, all created in maroon and cream colors.

Then the closer you come the more details you will discover, and the design transforms in front of your eyes to a tribute to the fantastic Millionaires team. On the left side is a tribute to the legendary Millionaire goalie Hughie Lehman, and on the other side is the whole team in old school vintage style.

And not only that, the mask is also a tribute to the fantastic native art of Canada. I just love that art style. Just as on Cory's previous Canucks mask I incorporated orcas in Canadian native art style, and they continue on this mask.

Thanks Cory for let me be a little part of this amazing project and have the pleasure to create this design for you.

Thank you all or your interest.

Yup, posted this in /topic/339430-canucks-to-wear-millionaires-v/page__st__120#entry11187371">the Millionaires thread earlier.

I also said it's no guarantees he's the starter, as I mentioned the situation with Bryz and Bobrovski in the winter classic for Philly a little while back. They both made masks and Bryz was the marquee goalie but Bobrovski got the start.

We don't know if Luongo is also making a mask or not, but if he is, that'd certainly leave it up in the air.

Archived