55 replies to this topic

#31 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

To top it off, Raymond gets tripped in the offensive zone seconds before they score the go ahead goal.

I've gotten used to the crap the refs have been pulling lately, but that one was tough to swallow.
Posted Image

#32 doobiedoodoo

doobiedoodoo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

AV knew he messed up the line up so he had to do something to cover for it.

#33 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Good for you AV it's about damn time these zedra's here the truth. These guys are so bush league and biased it makes me wanna puke!
It's too bad bad he'll probably get fined for speaking the truth !? I'm really becoming disillusioned with this game and the way it's officiated, the enjoyment is really dwindling. These guys think they are above reproach and it's totally wrong!

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#34 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

No he is tired and pissed off at the crap referring in the NHL and stated it. Its not just the nucks but as I've said before the officiating in the NHL is the worst amongst pro sports and its become accepted by the League that it is inadequate and 'protected' - ie teams/players/coaches fined for accepting garbage.

In the NFL if refs are messing up they are called out (seldom happens because they are the best in pro sports) but they are held to a standard of excellence.

How often have you ever seen a game in the NFL, NBA, MLB determined by a ref/ump? Hardly ever correct? And when it is boy oh boy its all over the news, heck even the President weighs in - NFL officials lockout/strike and the Seattle / Green Bay game this year, Obama was saying we need the NFL refs back..because of ONE game determined by the officiating and some poor games throughout the league.

BUT, in the NHL, its accepted by the NHL itself and when you say boo, you're fined etc.

The garbage has to stop, referrees have to stop thinking they are responsible for the outcome, because they are not, they are 'arbiters', the players are.

Marbles in the pocket, overreacting to situations like this, missing blatant head shots, calling head shots that aren't, not dropping the damn puck on faceoffs, chirping at players, on and on. These guys are garbage and its ruining the game. And not just canucks games, I am tired of watching hockey games across the league and saying 'wtf was that for'?

The NFL has integrity, They would never let this go on because ever since betting on the NFL it has taken off and made them rich. If they ever appeared to fix games, or control outcomes confidence would be lost on betting and the money would disappear.
The NHL will never make money on betting,this is one step below wrestling in the way its being called.and ignored. The owners must have approved of the way the game is called to a certain point. If there were only 6 dominate teams, then the interest and money would disappear with the 24 weaker teams (tv deals,sponsors,fans etc.) With each team having a chance to make 1 point it keeps the standings close and interest and hope for all teams.

This League is a business, it does Not resemble the sport it once was or the integrity either. Sadly those days are gone. I believe that in strong hockey markets, as long as the fans are there,and you have a strong team, you will end up with the short end of calls (in order to keep the games close).

The refs are only doing what they are instructed to do,and call games the way the League has instructed them too. I get frustrated myself, and I think we keep hoping that things will be called for what they are. Unfortunately, until the day people say they had enough and dont bother (call it bush or managed) and stay away, things wont change!
I have seen enough that if a team like Canucks (or Canadian team) make it to the SCF against a more skilled team in a big US town or non traditional hockey town in the future and try to play tough, like the last 3 cup winners have to level the playing field, that is the year you will see the penalties called as they should be and let the more skilled team win fair .
Some refer to it as a conspiracy- I think it is a business model they are using
Would a Winnipeg/ Ottawa SCF make the League any money or interest !
I sincerely belief that had our Team been in a different market (even Toronto) that this team would have had a cup or 2 already.

Edited by ba;;isticsports, 04 March 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#35 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

... Kelly Sutherland....

Embarrassed by the refs, who he embarrassed.

End of E-F_F_I_N_G story.
I'd rather have the Canucks playing against Auger.
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#36 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,324 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Stay focussed on Burrows for a game if you want an idea of what reffing stands for in the NHL. Absolutely brutal. One of the best in the NHL in his position and gets absolutely no protection.

#37 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

AV cost us the game so if he is a man of principle he should sit himself in the press box next game.

I just feel this gives us the better chance to win.

:bigblush:

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#38 enforcer22

enforcer22

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

The thing about Conspiracy Theories, is they almost always, make more sense than the accused response. You have got to be blind, if you can't comprehend how corrupt this age we live in is. I have come to grips with the fact, that the Nucks won't get a cup, unless we barely beat an expansion team, beat the refs and the Eastern Champs, all in one go. There is no such thing as a fairly called game. There are just too many intangibles possible. I still feel the NHL should not be running the refs, waaay to susceptible to conflicts of interest there. On the bright side, I find myself cheering for the real underdog often, which I usually enjoy.

#39 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Sutherland is a disgrace to the concept of a neutral third party.

If it wasn't for McGrattan's gratuitous run at Sedin earlier in the game, AV may not have blown a fuse, but Sutherland is utterly consistent about one thing - he doesn't do his job, and he peddles influence like an entitled old bureaucrat. He should have been decommissioned a long time ago.

At the very least, NHL franchises should have a certain number of vetoes so that they don't have to tolerate those officials they see as most incompetent or unable to bury their axe to grind.
It woud be interesting to see who they collectively veto out of a job.
My guesses:

O'Halloran
Sutherland
Tim Peel
Chris Lee

Edited by oldnews, 04 March 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#40 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,217 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

It's funny how I'm seeing and hearing people calling Vigs a whiner when he actually shows some emotion-- when coaches around the league berate the officials all the time out there. What do we normally see from Vigs? Throws his head back and chews on his gum

2dvpkl4.jpg

Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE RAIN

It's the year to be hated. I support our team.

I do take sig requests.

#41 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

It shouldn't surprise people as much as you would think that AV is speaking out...AV has always been known as being blunt and unafraid to be honest. I distinctly remember them saying this when he was hired. He look very calm and quiet in interviews an on the bench but I wouldn't be surprised if he's more intense an old school in the locker room.

#42 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Sutherland is a disgrace to the concept of a neutral third party.

If it wasn't for McGrattan's gratuitous run at Sedin earlier in the game, AV may not have blown a fuse, but Sutherland is utterly consistent about one thing - he doesn't do his job, and he peddles influence like an entitled old bureaucrat. He should have been decommissioned a long time ago.

At the very least, NHL franchises should have a certain number of vetoes so that they don't have to tolerate those officials they see as most incompetent or unable to bury their axe to grind.
It woud be interesting to see who they collectively veto out of a job.
My guesses:

O'Halloran
Sutherland
Tim Peel
Chris Lee

Posted Image

we just need to get Kas/Sestito to give Sutherland the quote from this still during the anthem next time we see him.
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#43 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

The 1 time he opens his mouth and it costs us a game. Cursed this team is.

I'm not going to blame AV for that one. It WAS an elbow. And he says he didn't swear, wasn't given a warning, etc.

That's extremely soft for a bench minor. C'mon, you have to give the coach at least one warning that he'll be penalized next time. The ref ought to be ashamed he directly impacted the result of the game.

I actually liked seeing some passion/emotion from Gillis.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#44 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm not going to blame AV for that one. It WAS an elbow. And he says he didn't swear, wasn't given a warning, etc.

That's extremely soft for a bench minor. C'mon, you have to give the coach at least one warning that he'll be penalized next time. The ref ought to be ashamed he directly impacted the result of the game.

I actually liked seeing some passion/emotion from Gillis.

Yea I don't blame him, it's just typical.

#45 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

As I've said before the games are cooked...just like the NBA.

#46 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Allow one penalty challange per team per game. Having calls over turned publicly will be the only thing that will bring accountability and consistancy to refs in the NHL.

#47 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

Bad calls are part of the game and it happens to everyone. I wonder if people actually understand how difficult a job it is to be a ref? You try calling an offside with players going 50 km/hr and the puck going 100. It's easy to be an armchair critic with HD and instant replay. If you're losing, don't blame the refs. That's just weak.
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#48 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

A lot of great replies folks! I for one think this will ignite something..let the trade tumours begin
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#49 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

I don't like AV but I do like this. It's about time he started to say something. The NHL is a corrupt league.

There is no fairness and biased anti Canuck refs have become the norm.

There is no way AV should have been penalized for pointing out an elbow. He didn't even swear when he yelled it out.

Every coach in the NHL gets away with way worse.

Utterly pathetic

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#50 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Why the hell would the league and/or refs be anti-Canuck?

#51 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Substitute incompetent for corrupt and you might have an argument. Even then it seems like petty baby talk to blame refs for anything.

#52 tmak01

tmak01

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

I hope he gets fired. Not the first game he cost his team this year and how do u bench ballard. Retard

#53 Dr. Hockey

Dr. Hockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

Good to c av show some emotion even though it cost us the game

Althought I think referring was fair last night... they didn't call some against us in the third that they should have. I think he's frustrated with overall referimg BS that's gone on in previous games.

I dunno about that. Earlier in the game Hartley was really giving it to the refs, and cursing. I said to my gf, watch AV pull that and get a penalty.
At least the refs proved me wrong-He got a penalty for less.
Oh well.

#54 Dr. Hockey

Dr. Hockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Bad calls are part of the game and it happens to everyone. I wonder if people actually understand how difficult a job it is to be a ref? You try calling an offside with players going 50 km/hr and the puck going 100. It's easy to be an armchair critic with HD and instant replay. If you're losing, don't blame the refs. That's just weak.

Hey even the stupidest ref could see that elbow. Use a better example.

#55 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

So, why give us a bench minor for something other coaches, including Calgary's, do almost every game? That's more than a mere "bad call."
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#56 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,390 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Post game comments are already being discussed in the PGT, etc.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.