The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

av post game comments

deized_kanuck604

AV knows the heat's on.

Watch him all of a sudden start showing passion on the bench and sticking up for his players.

Watch him start making the correct line combinations.

That will buy him more time. And you know what, if he improves his coaching as a result of the heat, that's fine by me. All I care about results. (Stanley Cup)

what i don't get is usually when a team is controlling the play they draw more penalties doesn't seem to be the case the sedins get grabbed and held a lot with no calls. yet when was the last time this team had more powerplays than the other.

vancouver dominated play against LA yet had 2 less power plays

dominated against Calgary less powerplays

dallas same thing.

embellishment is thrown at whatever nuck happens to fall yet the other teams LA is one othe worst dives and no calls either way

you could almost say it was a coin flip, as to whether the ref was going to call a penalty.

Sucks we lost thou.......has any other team played 2 games in less then 24 hours with a travel day? I know a few weeks ago Det played 2 games in less then 24 hours but they were at home for both of them....just saying

He has a right to call out the refs. The reffing has been god awful in this league for so long now. In fact it's been so bad for so long that anyone who says otherwise gets labelled a whiner. It's not just against the Canucks but other teams as well. I can't help but just shake my head. There is zero consistency. I don't even know what constitutes a penalty anymore because it's called one moment and ignored the other.

Players are taking it into their own hands by diving or fighting or performing a dirty hit after a dirty hit was uncalled. Paul MacLean said it best when he said that he can't trust that the refs are making the right calls so it's up to the players to take matters into their own hands. People here complain about the embellishment but nothing is getting called that should and phantom calls are being made all around the league.

That was an elbow to the head of Tanev yet he popped right back up. I bet if he crumpled to the ice he would have gotten a call but then people would call him a diver.

So your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

He has a right to call out the refs. The reffing has been god awful in this league for so long now. In fact it's been so bad for so long that anyone who says otherwise gets labelled a whiner. It's not just against the Canucks but other teams as well. I can't help but just shake my head. There is zero consistency. I don't even know what constitutes a penalty anymore because it's called one moment and ignored the other.

Players are taking it into their own hands by diving or fighting or performing a dirty hit after a dirty hit was uncalled. Paul MacLean said it best when he said that he can't trust that the refs are making the right calls so it's up to the players to take matters into their own hands. People here complain about the embellishment but nothing is getting called that should and phantom calls are being made all around the league.

That was an elbow to the head of Tanev yet he popped right back up. I bet if he crumpled to the ice he would have gotten a call but then people would call him a diver.

So your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Good for you AV it's about damn time these zedra's here the truth. These guys are so bush league and biased it makes me wanna puke!

It's too bad bad he'll probably get fined for speaking the truth !? I'm really becoming disillusioned with this game and the way it's officiated, the enjoyment is really dwindling. These guys think they are above reproach and it's totally wrong!

No he is tired and pissed off at the crap referring in the NHL and stated it. Its not just the nucks but as I've said before the officiating in the NHL is the worst amongst pro sports and its become accepted by the League that it is inadequate and 'protected' - ie teams/players/coaches fined for accepting garbage.

In the NFL if refs are messing up they are called out (seldom happens because they are the best in pro sports) but they are held to a standard of excellence.

How often have you ever seen a game in the NFL, NBA, MLB determined by a ref/ump? Hardly ever correct? And when it is boy oh boy its all over the news, heck even the President weighs in - NFL officials lockout/strike and the Seattle / Green Bay game this year, Obama was saying we need the NFL refs back..because of ONE game determined by the officiating and some poor games throughout the league.

BUT, in the NHL, its accepted by the NHL itself and when you say boo, you're fined etc.

The garbage has to stop, referrees have to stop thinking they are responsible for the outcome, because they are not, they are 'arbiters', the players are.

Marbles in the pocket, overreacting to situations like this, missing blatant head shots, calling head shots that aren't, not dropping the damn puck on faceoffs, chirping at players, on and on. These guys are garbage and its ruining the game. And not just canucks games, I am tired of watching hockey games across the league and saying 'wtf was that for'?

The thing about Conspiracy Theories, is they almost always, make more sense than the accused response. You have got to be blind, if you can't comprehend how corrupt this age we live in is. I have come to grips with the fact, that the Nucks won't get a cup, unless we barely beat an expansion team, beat the refs and the Eastern Champs, all in one go. There is no such thing as a fairly called game. There are just too many intangibles possible. I still feel the NHL should not be running the refs, waaay to susceptible to conflicts of interest there. On the bright side, I find myself cheering for the real underdog often, which I usually enjoy.

Sutherland is a disgrace to the concept of a neutral third party.

If it wasn't for McGrattan's gratuitous run at Sedin earlier in the game, AV may not have blown a fuse, but Sutherland is utterly consistent about one thing - he doesn't do his job, and he peddles influence like an entitled old bureaucrat. He should have been decommissioned a long time ago.

At the very least, NHL franchises should have a certain number of vetoes so that they don't have to tolerate those officials they see as most incompetent or unable to bury their axe to grind.

It woud be interesting to see who they collectively veto out of a job.

My guesses:

O'Halloran

Sutherland

Tim Peel

Chris Lee

Archived