Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

* * * * * 1 votes

Sick and tired of all that "bad/biased officiating" excuses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
176 replies to this topic

#151 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

The Refs really fracked us tonight eh
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#152 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

They all but gift-wrapped the game for us

#153 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Yep, one game went in our favour = Fair league, nothing wrong and all reffing is consistent
All is well, rejoice and no one ever need comment again!

Edited by TimberWolf, 05 March 2013 - 11:09 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#154 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Yep, one game went in our favour = Fair league, nothing wrong and all reffing is consistent
All is well, rejoice and no one ever need comment again!

I dont think theres a conspiracy. They are really just awful...

#155 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,603 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

I dont think theres a conspiracy. They are really just awful...

I think there is, but not against the Canucks overall. Some teams (preds, wild) seem to be allowed to hook and hold, Some (Hawks, previously bruins) have more leeway with goonery and intent to injure. Mostly there is too much "discretion" left up to refs to maintain a flow. That also allows a ref to call you or not against you just because they don't like you (Burrows)

The last worries me the most. If you are a pro ref, you cannot be allowed to let your bias creep in. It is said that Vacouver "has a reputation" Well why should that matter. You are there to call the penalties in a game, not punish those you dislike. If they can do that with no punishment, they can also make convienent calls that can screw a team at the worst time.

Punish a player, make up calls, put whistles away and let 'em play (let goons prevail) should be done away with. Call all penalties. Who you like is irrelevant.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#156 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

This is not the reason for every loss.

Hard to always win when the rules keep changing.

Every other team deals with the same rule changes. We simply don't adapt.

#157 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

I don't even want to get consistent officiating. I want PUBLIC ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF MISTAKES by referees during critical moments of a game. Sick and tired of moron refs getting no PUBLIC accountability.

I'd like public acknowledgement of mistakes by the players. I'm sick and tired of this team having no public accountability.

#158 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Why weren't the refs right in there, like they were when our guys went for Keith? Why did they allow it to go on without an immediate reaction?

Yep. Refs should step in sooner. Lock things down or give people the boot if they don't like the player or don't like what they are saying. That makes things allot more fun for the fans.

#159 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'd like public acknowledgement of mistakes by the players. I'm sick and tired of this team having no public accountability.

Like Schneider did with the average goalie interview, right? Or luongo making fun of himself with LUON8O? Or the Sedins saying for the upteenth time that "they weren't good enough".

Refs never have to face the media, until they retire, work at tsn and get well placed easy shots and no criticism on C'mon ref!

#160 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

29 teams every year "don't adapt" enough, it's not just the canucks.

#161 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

Actually they don't. They deal with their own rule changes since every game played by every team seems to have its own set of rules :P

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

small.png CDC Puck - New York Rangers

#162 Dr. Hockey

Dr. Hockey

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

A Canadian team plays an American team in regular season and the penalties are the same. Those same two teams play again in the playoffs and the Canadian team gets more penalties. In EVERY series. Stats don't lie.

#163 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

Me too. Have been for years but it seems like no other organizatin or city likes to blame the refs for the loss like Vancouver does. Some accountability would be nice. And I'm not saying refs aren't incompetent at times because hell yes they are. But EVERY team deals with them and it all evens out in the end. Good teams can over come a bad penalty or two. Blaming the refs for every loss is weak and the easy way out.

B.S.go read some Leaf,Coil,Flame boards after a loss when they whine about the reffs the media ignore it. When the Canucks do it the eastern media are on it like a dog on a bone.

#164 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

I wonder what type of mental effects the officiating is having on our players? Against Columbus, Higgins literally stopped to complain about a penalty while the play was still going on. This tells you that the players are just so frustrated with the officiating and it's more or less affecting their play

Edited by 36yrsncounting, 09 March 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#165 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

A Canadian team plays an American team in regular season and the penalties are the same. Those same two teams play again in the playoffs and the Canadian team gets more penalties. In EVERY series. Stats don't lie.

Can you provide the evidence to back up that claim?

And if true, we are we blaming the refs for our poor regular season performance?

#166 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,408 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Stats don't lie? Then show them.

FearandLoathingSig.jpg

Total control now. Tooling along the main drag on a Saturday night in Vegas. Two good old boys in a fire-apple red convertible. Stoned. Ripped. Twisted. Good people. 

#167 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Actually they don't. They deal with their own rule changes since every game played by every team seems to have its own set of rules :P

+1. (Since I've reached my quota of positive votes for today)

Edited by BigRedMachine, 09 March 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#168 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

I wonder what type of mental effects the officiating is having on our players? Against Columbus, Higgins literally stopped to complain about a penalty while the play was still going on. This tells you that the players are just so frustrated with the officiating and it's more or less affecting their play

This happened about 30 seconds after Anisimov was blatantly tripped by a Canuck (in a game where the refs were letting them play) and what did Anisimov do? Kept on hustling and playing hard. If the officiating is having any kind of mental effect on this team in any way then we need a new coaching staff, maybe even a huge player shake up. Perhaps a sports psychologist would help. Oh wait...

#169 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

This happened about 30 seconds after Anisimov was blatantly tripped by a Canuck (in a game where the refs were letting them play) and what did Anisimov do? Kept on hustling and playing hard. If the officiating is having any kind of mental effect on this team in any way then we need a new coaching staff, maybe even a huge player shake up. Perhaps a sports psychologist would help. Oh wait...

Exactly. Worse than the fans using officiating as an excuse, the players seem to be using it as an excuse as well. If you don't get the call, you keep hustling. Complaining to the refs rarely accomplishes anything. Keep working hard and you will get your chances. You make your own puck luck.

#170 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,965 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Exactly. Worse than the fans using officiating as an excuse, the players seem to be using it as an excuse as well. If you don't get the call, you keep hustling. Complaining to the refs rarely accomplishes anything. Keep working hard and you will get your chances. You make your own puck luck.

Everything you said about playing through bad calls is common sense and completely true... in a league without parity. Your bright and shiny idealism sounds frankly naive given the obvious decline in reffing we've seen over the past few years.

As for the players, they deliberately avoid criticizing calls because they don't want another Auger incident. The Canucks would be paying fines daily if they did what you claim so I can safely call BS on that part of your post.

Keswho.jpg

#171 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Everything you said about playing through bad calls is common sense and completely true... in a league without parity. Your bright and shiny idealism sounds frankly naive given the obvious decline in reffing we've seen over the past few years.

As for the players, they deliberately avoid criticizing calls because they don't want another Auger incident. The Canucks would be paying fines daily if they did what you claim so I can safely call BS on that part of your post.

What evidence do you offer of the "obvious" decline in the quality of reffing? And how exactly does a decline in reffing quality affect the canucks more than any other team?

I didn't say the players directly criticized the officiating. But they do continually claim that they are losing despite "making an effort" and "getting their chances". So either they are completely deluded about the quality of their play, or they are blaming someone else (the refs, Lady Luck, bettman) for their lack of success. They certainly don't seems to blame themselves.

#172 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Complaining to the refs rarely accomplishes anything.

Well it got AV a penalty the other night for complaining to the refs which led to a game winning power play goal for Calgary. The ironic thing was AV complaining after the game about getting a penalty for complaining because the refs didn't call a penalty.

#173 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,965 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

What evidence do you offer of the "obvious" decline in the quality of reffing? And how exactly does a decline in reffing quality affect the canucks more than any other team?

I didn't say the players directly criticized the officiating. But they do continually claim that they are losing despite "making an effort" and "getting their chances". So either they are completely deluded about the quality of their play, or they are blaming someone else (the refs, Lady Luck, bettman) for their lack of success. They certainly don't seems to blame themselves.

Wow. You need to start watching another sport. This one's intricacies are clearly lost on you.

Keswho.jpg

#174 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Wow. You need to start watching another sport. This one's intricacies are clearly lost on you.

Try offering evidence to support your arguments. Maybe then I'll take you seriously.

#175 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,965 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Try offering evidence to support your arguments. Maybe then I'll take you seriously.

You have it backwards. I chimed in because I was questioning whether you should be taken seriously. As for evidence, you're either terribly forgetful or trolling. Otherwise you wouldn't say something like this:

I didn't say the players directly criticized the officiating.

...after this:

Worse than the fans using officiating as an excuse, the players seem to be using it as an excuse as well...Complaining to the refs rarely accomplishes anything.

The message was clear. Regardless, you've shown that you're not honest or forthright enough to hold a conversation with. Not to mention this smacks of King of the ES-style trolling, which has been worthy of a ban in the past. Reported.

Keswho.jpg

#176 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

The message was clear. Regardless, you've shown that you're not honest or forthright enough to hold a conversation with. Not to mention this smacks of King of the ES-style trolling, which has been worthy of a ban in the past. Reported.

Trolls like king of the ES come and go. So do bandwagon fans like yourself. Let me know when you've been on here long enough to figure that out.

#177 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

You have it backwards. I chimed in because I was questioning whether you should be taken seriously. As for evidence, you're either terribly forgetful or trolling.

You chimed in to say that the quality of reffing has obviously declined. Something you have yet to offer any evidence of. Or any explanation as to why this affects the canucks performance more than others. You are either terrible at formulating an argument or trolling.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.