The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kerry Fraser @AV's bench minor

agm89

As a Canucks fan I'm fine with the call on AV - glad he showed some emotion for a change. What I'm not fine with is Hartley did the same earlier - even called the ref "an amateur" and swore and got nothing. Consistency is all I want to see.

As a Canucks fan I'm fine with the call on AV - glad he showed some emotion for a change. What I'm not fine with is Hartley did the same earlier - even called the ref "an amateur" and swore and got nothing. Consistency is all I want to see.

Pure propaganda from the NHL spin zone.

How could there be a 40 paragraph explanation and justification without at least mentioning the antics of Hartley in the same bloody game? Why, because there simply is no other explanation other than game management and bias.

AV is the closest thing to a mute you will ever find in an NHL coach.

Pure propaganda from the NHL spin zone.

How could there be a 40 paragraph explanation and justification without at least mentioning the antics of Hartley in the same bloody game? Why, because there simply is no other explanation other than game management and bias.

AV is the closest thing to a mute you will ever find in an NHL coach.

Each game situation is unique, as are the personalities of the individuals involved. Working relationships are forged over time between every referee and coach; some are positive while others are just tolerable. The specific manner with which a coach voices or displays his displeasure for a referee's decision, combined with an official's tolerance level, will dictate the response and eventual outcome.

Kerry Fraser's column is one of my favourite on TSN. He doesn't always side with the refs. He says what he thinks, and I like that. I simply disagree with Fraser on this one though. Consistency is the hot word of the day when it comes to describing refs. In this case, the refs weren't even consistent within one game. Hartley is swearing directly at the refs and there is no penalty, not even a warning.

LOL, Nice conspiracy theory. Just one problem. Who do you think is going to fine him? Fraser works for TSN, not the NHL. He's simply commenting on bench minors from his point of view as a FORMER ref. He has called out current refs calls as wrong numerous times this year. Just because he supports this call against Vancouver he suddenly has no credibility in your eyes? Get over it.

LOL, Nice conspiracy theory. Just one problem. Who do you think is going to fine him? Fraser works for TSN, not the NHL. He's simply commenting on bench minors from his point of view as a FORMER ref. He has called out current refs calls as wrong numerous times this year. Just because he supports this call against Vancouver he suddenly has no credibility in your eyes? Get over it.

Archived