The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kerry Fraser @AV's bench minor

agm89

While I agree it's wrong for the refs to single a player out, since Burrows has somehow managed to get away with all the hair pulling, biting and nut hacking incidents without ever getting suspended or even a penalty if I remember correctly, I can't exactly blame the refs for having a bit of a vendetta against him.

Years ago I used to watch canuck games and I used to ask myself wonder whos the ref that is managing the game tonight.. when it was Kerry Fraser, I would say not kidding, will lose and guess what I bet 90% of the games reffed by fraser we did lose...interesting stat..I was glad he retired...Last night was a bad night by refs hits way late all night not called on Calgary..blind sides but really we have just got to friggin get the other team back with twice as many hits....let s stop wining and lets start friggin hitting the other team all over the ice.

I can....the job of the ref is to call it down the middle and not bring the past into the new game.....if they do, they lose all credibility and you might as well hire a 'yes sir no sir' guy capable of dishing out the front office line of garbage.

Lots of players dive and do stupid things on the ice but their penalty served should be suffice so that we can have an expertly officiated game. The fans don't pay to watch popularity shows run by the refs...they are paying to watch a game and can fully expect that the ref won't discriminate against 'any player' on the ice.

By Fraser`s logic, it should be OK for a coach to cut some slack (or not) to a referee screwing up based on his previous body of work. When a ref is constantly screwing your team, sometimes they deserve a little public humiliation.

Sutherland has a history of atrocious work during Canuck games. Hopefully the league gives him the Auger treatment and stops assigning him to our games.

Why is it that the Canucks have not learned that it is a FACT that the NHL is the most PR-managed sports league in North America? The league is more willing to go about managing comments and incidents that reflect adversely on the league than to prevent or fix the actual g-damn problems. Anyone who voice displeasure or injustice will get payback sooner or later.

On the other hand, the Canucks organization is like the wild child of the league, from the McSorley-Brashear incident to Moore-Bertuzzi incident to Auger-Burrows incident, to the riots, the Canucks have a tendency to be involved in some controversy outside of hockey. It may be due to the fact that this market is so hockey-crazed or just simply bad luck. I'm sure if someone called Bettman in the middle of the night and mentioned the Canucks, he would immediately think, "What sh*t did they stir up now?".

I'm not saying that there is a conspiracy or whatever. It's just that the nail that sticks out gets hammered. Time has proved this over and over again, but that doesn't necessarily stop us from standing up to the inconsistencies in the NHL.

Archived