The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] How good is Nicolas Petan?

• 2 weeks later...

Look up Todd Robinson. At the same age (on the same team strangely enough - Portland) his numbers were better than Petan`s and he never even got a sniff at the NHL. His minor-league scoring numbers are amazing but he just never got the full AHL-NHL opportunity for whatever reason.

People have said it before, size matters in the NHL. Yes, even in the `New` NHL. Guys like St. Louis, T. Fleury, Ennis, are the rare exception and I do mean rare.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Petan is struggling against the size of the Oil Kings in the final. He is not playing bad by any stretch but as these playoffs have dragged on I have seen Petan shy more and more away from contact. That worries me for his future. However, no one thought that Brendan Gallagher would have a shot and he has arguably been the Calder front runner all season.

Petan is struggling against the size of the Oil Kings in the final. He is not playing bad by any stretch but as these playoffs have dragged on I have seen Petan shy more and more away from contact. That worries me for his future. However, no one thought that Brendan Gallagher would have a shot and he has arguably been the Calder front runner all season.

I havent really seen that... But the Oil Kings ARE boxing guys out pretty good.

Nic has always been more nimble than physical, but i think he may be relying more on feeding Brenden and Ty, than cutting in.

I think the hawks are going to go for the gusto on friday, so i assume there will be some strange antics.

Im excited at the prospect of the hawks winning at home, but winning four straight against the Kings, seems like a tall task.

Go Nic, Go Hawks!

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking forward to seeing how he was in the Memorial Cup. So far he has looked good, not racking up points but playing well. I would take him in the 2nd round if still around. Looking forward to the final tonight to see how he does against the Mooseheads again.

I was looking forward to seeing how he was in the Memorial Cup. So far he has looked good, not racking up points but playing well. I would take him in the 2nd round if still around. Looking forward to the final tonight to see how he does against the Mooseheads again.

Archived