The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players that you are willing to give away?

AllEyezOnMe

Going by what we know when they are fit.

Trade:

"A goalie" (I would prefer to keep Lu)

Ballard (I have listed Ballard because AV won't play him)

Booth (I'm not sure he's really into being a team player)

Edler (not sure, but his lack of pushback worries me)

Garrison (playing better but really not an improvement on Sammy in that contract)

Schroeder (if he was 4" taller I'd keep him, he could still work if he would get some "bite" in his game though)

Higgins (not consistent enough for this team)

Sestito (I don't care what MG says, he's duff)

Ebbett (I think he is a good AHL player)

Lapierre (Lappy doesn't do it for me now. He has lost his edge)

Weise (Inconsistent and doesn't hit enough, not really a threat at anything)

Alberts (If you say Tanev and Ballard were a good 3rd, then AA isn't good enough)

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows- Kesler - Ryan ..........Ryan 6/2 and 216 lbs

Raymond - Matthias - Hansen .......Matthias 6/3 and 211 lbs

Sweatt - Schroeder - Vandermeer (Sweatt is 6/0 and 190 lbs and Vandermeer would make sure Scroeder was allowed to play.......we could get some goals here.)

Johnson - Hamhuis (He's 6/1 and 231 lbs and won't get pushed around)

Bieksa - Komisarek (He's 6/4 and 243 lbs and kicks ass)

Sbisa - Tanev (Sbisa 6/2 and 207 lbs a player who kicks ass and would protect his mates)

Lu

Climie (bring him back, he has kept Chicago in games all season)

That is a SC winning team...............we could match anyone in physicality! :frantic:

get rid of kesler and find a real 2nd line center.. he's good defensively but he's no longer able to produce as a 2nd line center.. and he doesn't use his linemates either doesn't help.. if anything kesler is more and more like a 3rd line center doing defensive role.. he can't be relied on to score when the game is on the line ~~

and either one of the goalie.. preferably Schneider just coz he can fetch a better package.. if they want to win a cup with the Sedins.. this is basically it.. this and MAYBE next year at most.. our windows is rapidly closing and there's not much help coming looking into the future...

Left D: Ballard, Connauton, Edler, Garrison.

Goalie: Lou, Cannatta, Lack

LW: Higgins, Booth, Raymond, Jensen.

All suggestions are in order of preference from must trade through willing to move, but it better be bloody good!

Literally; we NEED to trade a Left D, a goalie and a left wing. (in that order of preference, but all need to go unless we fill our holes trading pics).

We have holes at right D and two forwards; one a play maker and one a big forward who can score. One of those a centre the other a right wing, but don't care which is which. We NEED each of these positions just to match up effectively. We're sporadic because we have holes in our line up.

And a right D is our highest priority, not not just a right D, a right handed shot, puck handling, puck rushing, puck distributing right D specifically. A tough ask, which might take Lou plus, plus! We spend too much time and trouble getting the puck out of our end, in fact cough it up too much and then end up playing D too often compared to recent years.

edit: note our left D depth chart; Edler, Hamhuis, Garrison, Ballard, Barker, Connauton, Vandermeer compared to our right D with Bieksa (hurt) and Tanev, Sauve. Left wing Danny, Burrows, Raymond, Booth, Higgins, Sestito, Jensen vs Kassian, Hansen, Weise, Archibald... :picard: Shift a little weight off that left side thar GMMG!

At this point, I'll be willing to trade anyone if it means we get players that will give us a better chance of winning a Cup.

We had this core group of guys for 5 years now, and they really haven't shown that they have what it takes to win it all. Sure we were one game away from winning it in 2011, but even then we got lucky throughout the entire playoffs and we barely made out of the 1st round against Chicago.

I take it you're some sort of riverboat gambler? Bet opposing GM's fear a call from timestamp, the hard bargain? Call the posse boys, I sense a raid over them thar hills! :ph34r:

back to topic:

I'd be ok letting Barker, Alberts or Weise go. Wouldn't start a riot for the others but they're all essential to the success of this team IMO

My biggest problem with Burrows is that he is a dirty player. Him and Kesler with their trash talk and cheap shots is why a lot of teams despise the Canucks. Just look at the finger biting incident vs. Boston. How big of an embarrassment was that?

He's also a one trick pony. How many times are we going to see the 'patented' backhand-forehand move? Every goalie in the league knows what is coming when Burrows is in alone.

He has a great story, coming up from the ECHL, never being drafted, and now plays on the top line. He's also scored some HUGE goals for us over the years. I like the guy, I just think that he brings a negative to the team with the trash talk and dirty play. These guys are professionals. They shouldn't act like children on the play yard.

Luongo needs to got period. Then you could afford a top six forward.

Raymond just doesn't work for tough games and playoffs.

Higgins, Hansen , Kassian , Booth all competing for same spots pretty much. Changes need to happen all have similar attributes.

You have to chose make a move or two. Perhaps even Edler or Kesler move to shake up the core to find the missing pieces as much as I'd hate to see one go. Kesler seems to have the Sammi Salo syndrome and we all know Edler not as good without Salo.

Pretty much that won't happen so the Coach should be the one fired and one last kick at the can for this core.

Okay to go.

Raymond, because of future salary cap issues. He's playing very well and his value on the trade market should be good.

Ballard, his play has improved but not too sure about his value vs his salary. May garner some interest with teams looking for a D man. A change of scenery may do him some good.

Alberts, apart from these last two games I haven't seen him play up to his size.

Booth, speedy and energetic guy but big hit on the salary cap.

Keep

Sedins, they are not only elite players but are give so much to our community.

Burrows, great player, lots of team spirit and a good shot.

Kassian, although still young and devloping has the complete package of skill, size and snarl.

Hansen, speed and great hands.

Schroeder, excellent prospect with speed and developing skill.

Luongo, seems to be so relaxed so far this year and has had some great games. Could be a great role model for Eddie Lack.

Garrison, still new to the team and has potential.

Tanev, Mr Dependable on our D line.

What I find interesting is that reading over the comments I see that people that were adamant that one or the other goalie needs to go now don't care as much and the general condenses seems to be trade one of the goalies.

I think it's a sign that people are getting frustrated with MG sitting on the sideline with a ridiculously hight % of our payroll on goaltending and are getting to the point that they don't care who goes just someone.

We need a second line MG, the twins are getting older.

When is the trade deadline this year?

Edit: it's April 3rd. I'd like to see a trade within the next two weeks so the team has time to gel.

Ballard (just cause the way the team is treating him)

Higgin (Will demand more money might as well bring in youth to take over his place) (Jensen)

Raymond ( will demand more money by the end of the year will probably let him walk so might as well get something out of him)

Kesler (can't stop getting injured and just doesn't fit with the system.) (Obviously would need a great return in order to trade him)

Going by what we know when they are fit.

Trade:

"A goalie" (I would prefer to keep Lu)

Ballard (I have listed Ballard because AV won't play him)

Booth (I'm not sure he's really into being a team player)

Edler (not sure, but his lack of pushback worries me)

Garrison (playing better but really not an improvement on Sammy in that contract)

Schroeder (if he was 4" taller I'd keep him, he could still work if he would get some "bite" in his game though)

Higgins (not consistent enough for this team)

Sestito (I don't care what MG says, he's duff)

Ebbett (I think he is a good AHL player)

Lapierre (Lappy doesn't do it for me now. He has lost his edge)

Weise (Inconsistent and doesn't hit enough, not really a threat at anything)

Alberts (If you say Tanev and Ballard were a good 3rd, then AA isn't good enough)

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows- Kesler - Ryan ..........Ryan 6/2 and 216 lbs

Raymond - Matthias - Hansen .......Matthias 6/3 and 211 lbs

Sweatt - Schroeder - Vandermeer (Sweatt is 6/0 and 190 lbs and Vandermeer would make sure Scroeder was allowed to play.......we could get some goals here.)

Johnson - Hamhuis (He's 6/1 and 231 lbs and won't get pushed around)

Bieksa - Komisarek (He's 6/4 and 243 lbs and kicks ass)

Sbisa - Tanev (Sbisa 6/2 and 207 lbs a player who kicks ass and would protect his mates)

Lu

Climie (bring him back, he has kept Chicago in games all season)

That is a SC winning team...............we could match anyone in physicality! :frantic:

I don't think you can make that many changes to any 'contending' team this late in a season without feeling the negative effects. People take time to get adjusted to a new system, teammates, staff. And all the players here already need t adjust their game to make everything click. 2-3 of those moves are okay, but changing 50% of the d is way too much mid-season. Maybe in the offseason and on a team not looking to go all the way, i.e Panthers.

Good additions though. Except maybe Climie. Maybe he's not that ready yet.

Do not trade:

- Henrik

- Daniel

- Kesler

- Burrows

- Hamhuis

- Edler

- Tanev

- Booth

- Schroeder

- Kassian

- Hansen

- Bieksa

- Garrison

- Booth

- Jensen

- Gaunce

- Lack

- 2013 1st Round Pick

Would prefer to keep but wouldn't be completely heartbroken if the return is good/helps fill needs:

- Ballard

- Higgins

- Raymond (Would especially like to keep unless deal for sure makes us better)

- 2013 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Trade:

- Luongo

Don't care about the others like Alberts, Ebbett, exc.

Needs:

- 3rd line, 2 way center. (Ex: Bozak)

- Bottom 6 faceoff/Defensive/PK guy (Someone that could fill Manny's role)

Booth - He has good speed, but I don't see him being worth 4.25m cap hit unless he suddenly gets back into scoring 25+ goals a year.

Raymond - He's actually had a good start, and I love his speed. He's just way too inconsistent. If he could score 20+ a season, I wouldn't mind.

Luongo - Love him, top 5 Canuck of all time, but we have Schneider who is about equal in terms of skill currently, younger, and doesn't have a behemoth contract.

Ballard - Deserves top 4 ice time, isn't worth keeping a 4.5m defence man to sit in the press box or play in the 6th spot.

Archived