The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players that you are willing to give away?

AllEyezOnMe

Not "giving" anyone away :P, I just think management needs to make smart choices about forward lines and defense pairings with the available assets, and make good moves to patch holes when the opportunity presents itself. That said, for starters I'd be open to trading Kesler for someone like Getzlaf. Raymond would also be someone I'd like to see go for a tougher 3rd line center (if I had a nickel someone said that around here!), and if Ballard's not going to get better minutes I'd rather he get moved, he's not right for playing in a defensive role. I hope they also get a new, bigger 13th forward, since every time Ebbett comes up from the Moose to play as a center I just hope for the best. Not sure if I'll actually trade a goalie though, at least not until a clear-cut #1 is established in net.

My untouchables:

Sedins

Schneider

Tanev

Kassian

Schroeder

and

Barker (With a *;If he keeps showing signs of going back to the blue-chipper he once was, he stays here, otherwise, not so much)

Everybody else is a moveable asset for the right price.

But my first 'give away' is the coaching staff. Free to good home.

Really the only key player In the topsix who I wouldn't care about leaving would be David Booth, seems like he dosent mesh good with the team and just hasn't worked out here since we got him. I feel he or Ballard should be used for the compliance buyout at years end not alot of teams would touch those contracts IMO. And I know people will say he's a beast the guy just isnt the player he once use to be.

DO NOT TRADE:

• Sedins: Derp. Never trade.

• Kesler: When he's on his game, he's a 40-goal scorer and the best 2-way player in the league. He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries and hasn't impressed people as much since coming back, he hasn't gotten into the same stride but he's a talent and a keeper

• Burrows: Probably as good a two-way player and PK'er as Kesler, a legitimate first line player who will score goals and has good vision thanks to years of working with the Sedins. Very underpaid too.

• Bieksa: For all the mistakes he makes, I can't help but feel like he's the identity of our team. Whenever we're slumping, count on him to spur on the team with a big hit. He also has a knack for scoring goals, mainly clutch ones.

• Hansen: Hard-working, under-paid, super quick, excellent defensively and (as of late) goal-scoring. Keeper.

• Higgins: See Hansen, replace "super quick" with "best on the boards".

• Hamhuis: Has a well-deserved reputation for being reliable. Good value for contract and putting up the points this year

• Lapierre: Hard to find a better 4th line centre.

It depends:

• Edler: Still fairly young and has potential to be better, already has a 50 point season and all-star appearance in his resume. Can be slow to make decisions and make sloppy passes occasionally. Could fetch a lot in a trade

• Kassian: Young, tons of potential and excels with quality players. Still has a lot to learn and it shows.

• Schroeder: 1st round pick, great vision, though quite small by NHL standards. If he develops a killer shot, he'd be a lot more potent, and there's lots of time for Schroeder to develop further.

• Raymond: Struggled with injury but back in the form we saw when he was a regular 2nd-liner and scored 25 goals. He's found his shot again and is in good goal-scoring form.

Everyone else is expendable, to me. Not going to touch on goalies because of the situation this year which will most likely see us keep both until the summer. My preference in the team is Schneider.

Give away is something no GM would do..

But players I could care less if they play for us are:

Booth - He just is uneffective

Ballard - Overpaid defensive liability

Raymond- Better year but one dimensional (always feel bad for his linemates)

Wiese - Plug

and a gluttony of third liners that I have no ill fate towards, other then we have TOO many third line type players.

Raymond. I know he's played well so far this season but I don't suspect he will keep this play up consistently for the whole season or for multiple seasons and we know that when he is slumping he just goes back to his typical perimeter type play. Also because he's play well that is even more reason to trade him and hopefully get something of value in return while his play is up.

Raymond. I know he's played well so far this season but I don't suspect he will keep this play up consistently for the whole season or for multiple seasons and we know that when he is slumping he just goes back to his typical perimeter type play. Also because he's play well that is even more reason to trade him and hopefully get something of value in return while his play is up.

Archived