The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players that you are willing to give away?

AllEyezOnMe

When I read the title I saw "give away" and took it to mean "for free" or perhaps a 4th - 7th rounder type thing. There are plenty of threads discussing possible trades, most of them with us over-valuing our own players. What intrigues me is this: who does CDC think is not even necessary on our team? (Since chances are we aren't going to get what we hope for Ballard, Booth, Raymond etc.)

Would people be willing to get rid of Ballard for a 5th rounder?

My biggest problem with Burrows is that he is a dirty player. Him and Kesler with their trash talk and cheap shots is why a lot of teams despise the Canucks. Just look at the finger biting incident vs. Boston. How big of an embarrassment was that?

He's also a one trick pony. How many times are we going to see the 'patented' backhand-forehand move? Every goalie in the league knows what is coming when Burrows is in alone.

He has a great story, coming up from the ECHL, never being drafted, and now plays on the top line. He's also scored some HUGE goals for us over the years. I like the guy, I just think that he brings a negative to the team with the trash talk and dirty play. These guys are professionals. They shouldn't act like children on the play yard.

My biggest problem with Burrows is that he is a dirty player. Him and Kesler with their trash talk and cheap shots is why a lot of teams despise the Canucks. Just look at the finger biting incident vs. Boston. How big of an embarrassment was that?

He's also a one trick pony. How many times are we going to see the 'patented' backhand-forehand move? Every goalie in the league knows what is coming when Burrows is in alone.

He has a great story, coming up from the ECHL, never being drafted, and now plays on the top line. He's also scored some HUGE goals for us over the years. I like the guy, I just think that he brings a negative to the team with the trash talk and dirty play. These guys are professionals. They shouldn't act like children on the play yard.

well, depending on what the canucks get in return, i think no one should be untouchable. but i guess i'll make three categories.

1: players that i would only trade for something amazing

-daniel sedin

-henrik sedin

-cory schneider

2: players i'd want something substantial in return for:

-burrows

-hansen

-bieksa

-tanev

-luongo

3: everyone else i wouldn't shed a tear over

At this point, I don't really care who gets traded, just as long as we get better after it's all said and done.

Kesler is one of my favorite players in the league, and my 2nd favorite Canuck, but oh lawdy, he can't seem to stay healthy. We'll see how he does after his fractured foot, but if he fails to perform well enough as a 2nd line center should and as he's expected to, then I say through him on the chopping block.

Luongo is obviously my favorite Canuck and favorite player in the league. I would be absolutely devastated if he's to get traded, and I still question why he would get traded, but that's aside from the point. Again, basically the same thing as Kesler. If we get something good in return that will shake the team up, then pull the trigger.

Aside from those two, I think Burrows, Hamhuis, Tanev, and maybe Lappy are the only ones I WOULDN'T trade right now.

PLAYERS I WANT TRADED

Kesler - He still has value and is a depreciating asset

Bieksa - Overrated/overpaid

Ballard - Overpaid, deserves a fresh start

PLAYERS I WOULD BE OK WITH TRADING

Luongo/Schneider (I really like them both but one has got to go)

Edler (Imagine the return, maybe not the best guy to build our D core around)

Raymond (Sell high. Don't see the long term fit, upcoming UFA.)

Others I would either not care (Alberts, Weise etc) or would be unhappy to see go.

PLAYERS I WANT TRADED

Kesler - He still has value and is a depreciating asset

Bieksa - Overrated/overpaid

Ballard - Overpaid, deserves a fresh start

PLAYERS I WOULD BE OK WITH TRADING

Luongo/Schneider (I really like them both but one has got to go)

Edler (Imagine the return, maybe not the best guy to build our D core around)

Raymond (Sell high. Don't see the long term fit, upcoming UFA.)

Others I would either not care (Alberts, Weise etc) or would be unhappy to see go.

Archived