you troll 8)
Our 2nd round for Ryan Johansen. Get it done MG!
Players that you are willing to give away?
Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:10 PM
Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:10 PM
- Sedins: Derp. Never trade.
- Kesler: When he's on his game, he's a 40-goal scorer and the best 2-way player in the league. He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries and hasn't impressed people as much since coming back, he hasn't gotten into the same stride but he's a talent and a keeper
- Burrows: Probably as good a two-way player and PK'er as Kesler, a legitimate first line player who will score goals and has good vision thanks to years of working with the Sedins. Very underpaid too.
- Bieksa: For all the mistakes he makes, I can't help but feel like he's the identity of our team. Whenever we're slumping, count on him to spur on the team with a big hit. He also has a knack for scoring goals, mainly clutch ones.
- Hansen: Hard-working, under-paid, super quick, excellent defensively and (as of late) goal-scoring. Keeper.
- Higgins: See Hansen, replace "super quick" with "best on the boards".
- Hamhuis: Has a well-deserved reputation for being reliable. Good value for contract and putting up the points this year
- Lapierre: Hard to find a better 4th line centre.
- Edler: Still fairly young and has potential to be better, already has a 50 point season and all-star appearance in his resume. Can be slow to make decisions and make sloppy passes occasionally. Could fetch a lot in a trade
- Kassian: Young, tons of potential and excels with quality players. Still has a lot to learn and it shows.
- Schroeder: 1st round pick, great vision, though quite small by NHL standards. If he develops a killer shot, he'd be a lot more potent, and there's lots of time for Schroeder to develop further.
- Raymond: Struggled with injury but back in the form we saw when he was a regular 2nd-liner and scored 25 goals. He's found his shot again and is in good goal-scoring form.
Everyone else is expendable, to me. Not going to touch on goalies because of the situation this year which will most likely see us keep both until the summer. My preference in the team is Schneider.
Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:57 PM
But players I could care less if they play for us are:
Booth - He just is uneffective
Ballard - Overpaid defensive liability
Raymond- Better year but one dimensional (always feel bad for his linemates)
Wiese - Plug
and a gluttony of third liners that I have no ill fate towards, other then we have TOO many third line type players.
Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:44 AM
Edited by Heli_Kopitar, 06 March 2013 - 02:46 AM.
Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:23 AM
The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.
The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.
One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.
Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:58 AM
Raymond. I know he's played well so far this season but I don't suspect he will keep this play up consistently for the whole season or for multiple seasons and we know that when he is slumping he just goes back to his typical perimeter type play. Also because he's play well that is even more reason to trade him and hopefully get something of value in return while his play is up.
Fair enough but who exactly below our 1st line is consistent the whole season? Why use a different criteria for Raymond than anyone else................unless of course you just don't want him in the team. Saying that though would at least be more honest.
At present Raymond is one of the players keeping this team afloat until the others find their feet.