Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Players that you are willing to give away?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#91 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Our 2nd round for Ryan Johansen. Get it done MG! :emot-parrot:

you troll 8)

#92 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

DO NOT TRADE:
  • Sedins: Derp. Never trade.
  • Kesler: When he's on his game, he's a 40-goal scorer and the best 2-way player in the league. He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries and hasn't impressed people as much since coming back, he hasn't gotten into the same stride but he's a talent and a keeper
  • Burrows: Probably as good a two-way player and PK'er as Kesler, a legitimate first line player who will score goals and has good vision thanks to years of working with the Sedins. Very underpaid too.
  • Bieksa: For all the mistakes he makes, I can't help but feel like he's the identity of our team. Whenever we're slumping, count on him to spur on the team with a big hit. He also has a knack for scoring goals, mainly clutch ones.
  • Hansen: Hard-working, under-paid, super quick, excellent defensively and (as of late) goal-scoring. Keeper.
  • Higgins: See Hansen, replace "super quick" with "best on the boards".
  • Hamhuis: Has a well-deserved reputation for being reliable. Good value for contract and putting up the points this year
  • Lapierre: Hard to find a better 4th line centre.
It depends:
  • Edler: Still fairly young and has potential to be better, already has a 50 point season and all-star appearance in his resume. Can be slow to make decisions and make sloppy passes occasionally. Could fetch a lot in a trade
  • Kassian: Young, tons of potential and excels with quality players. Still has a lot to learn and it shows.
  • Schroeder: 1st round pick, great vision, though quite small by NHL standards. If he develops a killer shot, he'd be a lot more potent, and there's lots of time for Schroeder to develop further.
  • Raymond: Struggled with injury but back in the form we saw when he was a regular 2nd-liner and scored 25 goals. He's found his shot again and is in good goal-scoring form.

Everyone else is expendable, to me. Not going to touch on goalies because of the situation this year which will most likely see us keep both until the summer. My preference in the team is Schneider.

#93 VCanucks69

VCanucks69

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Give away is something no GM would do..

But players I could care less if they play for us are:

Booth - He just is uneffective
Ballard - Overpaid defensive liability
Raymond- Better year but one dimensional (always feel bad for his linemates)
Wiese - Plug

and a gluttony of third liners that I have no ill fate towards, other then we have TOO many third line type players.

#94 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

Kesler needs to get the hell out ASAP. There's no end to his major surgeries and injuries. He's worse than Salo for crissakes.

Edited by Heli_Kopitar, 06 March 2013 - 02:46 AM.

#95 Bure1994Mclean

Bure1994Mclean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

Raymond. I know he's played well so far this season but I don't suspect he will keep this play up consistently for the whole season or for multiple seasons and we know that when he is slumping he just goes back to his typical perimeter type play. Also because he's play well that is even more reason to trade him and hopefully get something of value in return while his play is up.
OMG SUNDIN.

The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.

One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.

#96 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Raymond. I know he's played well so far this season but I don't suspect he will keep this play up consistently for the whole season or for multiple seasons and we know that when he is slumping he just goes back to his typical perimeter type play. Also because he's play well that is even more reason to trade him and hopefully get something of value in return while his play is up.

Fair enough but who exactly below our 1st line is consistent the whole season? Why use a different criteria for Raymond than anyone else................unless of course you just don't want him in the team. Saying that though would at least be more honest.

At present Raymond is one of the players keeping this team afloat until the others find their feet.
Kevin.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.