The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Free Agents in Major Junior(Discussion)

googled him and yesterday he signed with the ducks for a 3 year contract.

https://twitter.com/sarault12

Anaheim also picked up Kevin Gagne who is top in points for a defenceman with 67 points in 56 games. (qmjhl)

Also another player(s) to list to a tryout should be the Saulnier twins. atleast 80 points a year and are considered the Sedins of the east

From my understanding, undrafted free agent status is given to players in Junior after they have passed through the draft once. A player can choose to enter the draft a second time. I'm not 100% sure on how the age limit of the draft works. It's probably depends on which month you turn 20.

From my understanding, undrafted free agent status is given to players in Junior after they have passed through the draft once. A player can choose to enter the draft a second time. I'm not 100% sure on how the age limit of the draft works. It's probably depends on which month you turn 20.

I think it could be worth it, as I do believe he can be signed to a contract as he has been passed over twice.

I remember early in 2011 he was considered a 1st round talent, and he is showing why people were thinking that.

The only reason he was passed over in the draft was because he was involved in a car accident while drinking and driving that led to the death of a young girl. He received 2 years of probation for the incident, and it seems like it was enough for teams to stay clear of picking him.

http://www.globaltvc...2427/story.html

Saulnier Twins would be nice, I'm surprised they still haven't been acquired by a team.

My other pick is Joel Vienneau out of the Kitchener rangers, was Sudbury's starter but was traded with Corrado to get rid of some of the workload off Gibson. With us soon to trade a goalie and probably letting Honzik go might be smart to pick up a goalie.

2013-14

Lu/Schneider + Vet. goalie for the Canucks

Lack starter for the wolves

Cannata starter for Kalamazoo

Vienneau playing for Kitchener for one more year.

That allows for Lack to play one more year for Chicago, then when he makes the jump up Vienneau can move up to Kalamazoo and Cannata can jump in and fight for Wolves starter job.

I really don't feel that that's how it works. Tanner Pearson had been passed over in 2 drafts, then was drafted in the first round this past draft by the Kings. I doubt that they would waste a 1st rounder on him when they could have just signed him. I doubt that he would have made it to the draft without being signed if anybody could have picked him up.

Houser was passed up in 3 drafts before the Panthers signed him earlier this year. Same with Shinnimin and the Coyotes. There has to be some sort of rule.

Saulnier Twins would be nice, I'm surprised they still haven't been acquired by a team.

My other pick is Joel Vienneau out of the Kitchener rangers, was Sudbury's starter but was traded with Corrado to get rid of some of the workload off Gibson. With us soon to trade a goalie and probably letting Honzik go might be smart to pick up a goalie.

2013-14

Lu/Schneider + Vet. goalie for the Canucks

Lack starter for the wolves

Cannata starter for Kalamazoo

Vienneau playing for Kitchener for one more year.

That allows for Lack to play one more year for Chicago, then when he makes the jump up Vienneau can move up to Kalamazoo and Cannata can jump in and fight for Wolves starter job.

Archived