Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KiwiNucksFan

VAN-NYR

9 posts in this topic

VAN: Brian Boyle

NYR: Chris Higgins + Cond 3rd

Canucks gain LH centreman who kills penalties, good size and can move up and down the line up.

Rangers gain a 2way pk winger who can play both sides, conditional pick is insurance for the rangers in case Higgins doesn't resign.

Lapierre-Boyle-Sesisto/Weise/Pinizzotto on the 4th. Can chip with the odd point, defensibly responsible and supply some energy when needed.

Thoughts?

Boyle isn't a 4th liner. If this deal happened he'd be our 3L C. Don't know if I'd do Higgins for him I think we could get him for a half decent prospect and a pick if he was available but he's not. He's too valuable to NYR.

Higgins played for the Rangers previously and it didn't work out. I doubt they'd want him back.

And if the Rangers wanted a player like Higgins, they could get him for a prospect or mid-round pick. Why lose a valuable player like Boyle, even if he is struggling?

Also, I think Boyle would be worth a lot at the deadline. Paul Gaustad returned a 1st last year.

Higgins is better than Boyle. Boyle is just big, hes not great defensively and this year he has been even worse. Strong no from me

Not dealing Higgins for Boyle. Max I'd give up for Boyle is a 3rd.

why trade Higgins (a fringe 2nd liner/ 3rd liner) +3rd for someone you want to put on the 4th? we need a 3rd line C