The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A 2nd line centre would be really nice, as well as some cheap RH D-men

Kesler really should be a winger....he's a shoot first player who really doesn't seem to trust ANY linemates because everyone who goes on his line plays worse. If he was a winger where all he had to do was wait for a pass and use his speed down the boards he would be much more effective IMO

I hope a goalie is traded to get this 2nd line centre because we could have an amazing, and COMPLETE top 9 if Jensen comes over and proves he can contribute

We really have a chance to make a push with the assets we get back if we trade a goalie.

Instead MG apparently keeps both and the core gets another year older. I really think after this year the window is closed....

I think if Ottawa drops out of the playoff race, Gonchar and Alfredsson IMO are the two players that would put us over the top. Gonchar would be that veteran presence on the blueline and would give our PP a tremendous boost. And Alfie well, what do I need to say? Aging vet thats still producing, and he could finish his career off Ray Bourque style with a Cup.

Sedin - Sedin - Alfredsson

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Kassian - Schroeder - Raymond

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Gonchar - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

Gillis has to be very careful here. If he keeps Luongo, and he turns into a seive in the playoffs again, he will be completely untradeable. A buyout will be Gillis` only recourse if Luongo has another meltdown.

If Gillis was confident in Luongo`s ability to succeed in the playoffs, Schneider would not still be here. Therefore, he needs to minimize the risk and get something for Luongo now, while he still can.

Gillis has to be very careful here. If he keeps Luongo, and he turns into a seive in the playoffs again, he will be completely untradeable. A buyout will be Gillis` only recourse if Luongo has another meltdown.

If Gillis was confident in Luongo`s ability to succeed in the playoffs, Schneider would not still be here. Therefore, he needs to minimize the risk and get something for Luongo now, while he still can.

That's wrong. I disagree with TSN on this one. There's a lot of interest in Luongo, I can almost guarantee it.

I also doubt Raymond will be traded. He's not looking too bad this year.

I also think Ballard would be able to fetch a center, if we were to trade him, but I don't think we should. I'm not convinced Alberts nor Barker can be a full time defenceman on this team.

I also don't see the point in trading Booth. Cut the guy some slack, he's been injured.

It's almost as if they got the fan opinions "TRADE BOOTH, TRADE BALLARD, TRADE RAYMOND".

Haha. I hate eastern media.

If I'm the Canucks Im trying to sell high on one of our wingers. Raymond and Higgins have played pretty well this season. Maybe even Booth but his contract is tough. I bet that their would be plenty of suitors for the first two. We have a bit of a log jam at the winger position and not many playoff caliber centers. I like Lapierre but watching him on a line with kassian and booth is painful. Consitently seeing booth or Kassian doing work in the other end while lappy looks a bit lost. I would say that schroeder would be better suited their but what do I know. Anyway....we need center depth and youth

If I'm the Canucks Im trying to sell high on one of our wingers. Raymond and Higgins have played pretty well this season. Maybe even Booth but his contract is tough. I bet that their would be plenty of suitors for the first two. We have a bit of a log jam at the winger position and not many playoff caliber centers. I like Lapierre but watching him on a line with kassian and booth is painful. Consitently seeing booth or Kassian doing work in the other end while lappy looks a bit lost. I would say that schroeder would be better suited their but what do I know. Anyway....we need center depth and youth

My guess is we hang on to both goalies through March (or at least until the end). Have you guys looked at the schedule? Each of them will be playing every few days regardless of who the "starter" is.

Something will likely happen closer to the deadline unless the market truly collapses and we'll likely have to wait for the summer/draft.

"Canucks are not 100% sold that Cory Schneider is ready to take over as the number one goaltender based on his play this season. Will likely keep both Luongo and Schneider until the summer and then reevaluate based on what happens in the playoffs. Most rival NHL GM's believe Vancouver will keep both goaltenders until the summer."

This part makes me laugh the hardest.

Canucks have absolutely no doubt that Schneider is ready to be #1.

TSN keeps reducing itself from news source to spewer of cheap opinions - and if anyone is unfit to speak for the Canucks, it would be Nonis' cousin.

The Canucks are not 100% sold on playing one goaltender 48 times in 3 months, simple as that.

Which means they'd have to waste asset value on a backup, which also complicates any deal - and they have Eddie Lack, who is injured, but by all accounts in line for that job next year.

TSN shouldn't be so simplistic.

we play alot this month, but only twice in back to back. Schneider or Luo technically could play all but those two back to back games. So why have 4 or 5m in cap space being on the bench.

We need to let 1 goalie get in a groove and play most of the games this month, theyve basically split the games this year, and its time for 1 of them to start getting games in and be ready for the drive to the playoffs.

Archived