137 replies to this topic

#91 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,850 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

......... It would be high time to cash in on him then....I believe his good years are behind him....Never to be seen again.

Yes, at 28 his best years are behind him. :picard:

There would be almost every team in the league lining up to acquire Kesler. That tells you all you need to know about his value.

This team is better with Kesler than it would be without. What is it with fans rushing to trade every player? I honestly think fans would rather us be exciting but lose every night like the Oilers. Because they're guaranteed a cup right?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#92 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Something has got to give here. We can't continue playing like this.

Just curious to know what will unfold. 30 days.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#93 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Posted Image

Here's the entire show for those interested:

http://video.tsn.ca/...878444/clip/540

Just finished watching TSN's Trade Deadline preview show and to recap:

***Update*** Video Link regarding Canucks discussion: http://video.tsn.ca/...878438/clip/637

Bob McKenzie:

There is no current market for goaltenders. Roberto Luongo has been on the trade block since the start of the season and currently there are no teams showing significant interest in him. That may change based on indifferent play and injuries but it is unlikely.

Canucks will not lower the asking price for Roberto Luongo between now and the deadline.

Canucks are looking for a 3rd line centre with playoff experience who can provide an upgrade on Jordan Schroeder. Barring that, a 4th line upgrade with players who can play increased roles compared to previous seasons.

It's unlikey the Canucks would find takers for Booth or Ballard since they have $4.2 Million cap hits with 2 years left on their contracts.

Canucks may have to get creative to find tradeable assests to fill their needs.

Potential Canucks trade bait suggested by TSN include: David Booth, Keith Ballard, Mason Raymond, Cory Schneider, and Roberto Luongo.

Darren Dreger:

Canucks are not 100% sold that Cory Schneider is ready to take over as the number one goaltender based on his play this season. Will likely keep both Luongo and Schneider until the summer and then reevaluate based on what happens in the playoffs. Most rival NHL GM's believe Vancouver will keep both goaltenders until the summer.

Posted Image

***Video Link regarding goalie discussion***:

http://video.tsn.ca/...878390/clip/484

I wish I could have nudity in my profile pick/avatar.

#94 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,510 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Just curious to know what will unfold. 30 days.

Going to be quite exciting.

Recently TSN reported no market for a goalie right now.

Sportsnet reports that there are many interests for LUongo.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#95 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Going to be quite exciting.

Recently TSN reported no market for a goalie right now.

Sportsnet reports that there are many interests for LUongo.

There's 29 teams IMO that would benefit from getting luongo... I can't believe these Gms are blind idiots

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#96 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

There's 29 teams IMO that would benefit from getting luongo... I can't believe these Gms are blind idiots

So if I'm following your logic you're saying that Luongo is better than every other starting goalie in the league, and by extension, Schnieder is the best goalie in the league since Vancouver doesn't neeed him? Take off the homer glasses.

#97 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Most teams would be interested in luongo if his contract wasn't that long.

#98 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Luongo's contract expires when he's 43. I wonder when he'll retire. Age 39? He doesn't strike me as the type who will look for work as a backup after age 40.

#99 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

So if I'm following your logic you're saying that Luongo is better than every other starting goalie in the league, and by extension, Schnieder is the best goalie in the league since Vancouver doesn't neeed him? Take off the homer glasses.

Past 8 years if u take an average, luongo has been the best goalie in the league. I think only nyr might not benefit but they would get an extra 1.5 million in cap refleif from lundqvist... I don't give a crap about goalies that had one year better than luongo and then went on to suck... or a Guy like anderson who had 15 good games lol. Luongo is a guarantee of solid goaltending. Elite talent.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#100 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

schneider
Booth
Cannauton
(2014 1st -I'd be willing to add this in to push the deal to get it done)

for

Strome
Okposo
Matt Martin

what do you all think??

we get youth,
Martin is 23- huge upside
Strome is 20
as well as more scoring and toughness for this year's run (Martin and Okposo)
we get a top prospect who could step into the NHL next year perhaps as our 3C
this sets us up to be tough, young and able to score for years to come.

Strome would become our tip young player and there is no way we get as good a player with our 2014 first.

flame on

Edited by canuckfan85, 07 March 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#101 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Past 8 years if u take an average, luongo has been the best goalie in the league. I think only nyr might not benefit but they would get an extra 1.5 million in cap refleif from lundqvist... I don't give a crap about goalies that had one year better than luongo and then went on to suck... or a Guy like anderson who had 15 good games lol. Luongo is a guarantee of solid goaltending. Elite talent.

There's no denying his worth over the last 8 years, but you can only measure Luongo's value to 29 other GMs by what he can offer them in the future. From this point onward, there are a fair number of goalies who are likely to match his projected numbers over the next 5 years, and many of them will keep playing long after Luongo has retired.

Just as an example, would you give up 25 year-old Carey Price for 34 year-old Luongo? As a GM, I wouldn't, even though I think Luongo is a slightly better goalie.

#102 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

......... It would be high time to cash in on him then....I believe his good years are behind him....Never to be seen again.

You talk like Kesler is about to retire. His best year was just a couple of seasons ago and he is only 28. You want to trade him so he could be scoring like Hodgson for the other team? Then you will probably come here and whine after the Kesler trade on why we traded him and how MG got ripped off.

Posted Image

#103 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Lets get Boyle out of NYR! big body, 3rd line center, has a bit of offesive upside and having a terrible year so im guessing we could get him on the cheap. The rangers are obviously panicking if they make moves like picking up hamerlick and that contract of his.

How about someone with actual skills that could score goals and help us at the center position instead of just another "BIG BODY".

Posted Image

#104 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Datsyuk's 3 year in a row Selkes and his consistency before and after is not comparable to Kesler's career. Kesler was great in 2010-11, but not before and not after, and the outlook is very dismal. He is a good checking centre that on any elite team wouldn't make it passed 3rd line.

Maybe aside from the Pens who have Malkin and Crosby. Otherwise he would be at least a 2nd line center on any team in the league, including the red hot Blackhawks.

Posted Image

#105 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

we already have a 3rd line centre. he's injured. we need a proper 2nd line centre. and a top 4 right-handed D.

I doubt we could get Crosby or Malkin for our 2nd line center position. They cost way too much.

Posted Image

#106 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Luongo's contract expires when he's 43. I wonder when he'll retire. Age 39? He doesn't strike me as the type who will look for work as a backup after age 40.

I was thinking about this today. What if lu doesn't drop off. We could draft another goalie or take on a solid project and have them developed in time for lu to retire. That would make schneider more expendable no?

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#107 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Marty says hi!
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

#108 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

YES! Been saying this for years now. Every goalie has his year. Elite goalies marty lu kipper have been great consistently for the last 10 years basically.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#109 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Bob.... Canucks are looking for a defencemen.... once we get Kesler back, we have 4 strong dmans. again... fail..... this guy really hates Vancouver... wow....

I disagree...I think.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 07 March 2013 - 01:08 PM.

/=S=/

#110 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Apparently twitter mongers are suggesting we are on the verge of trading for Ian White

#111 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

My bad I jumped the gun on this

#112 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Datsyuk's 3 year in a row Selkes and his consistency before and after is not comparable to Kesler's career. Kesler was great in 2010-11, but not before and not after, and the outlook is very dismal. He is a good checking centre that on any elite team wouldn't make it passed 3rd line.

Here is the Selke voting from 2009-2010:

2009-2010 Frank Selke Trophy Voting
Pts. 1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th
1. Pavel Datsyuk, DET 688 (37-26-21-8-7) 2. Ryan Kesler, VAN 655 (36-26-15-10-8) 3. Jordan Staal, PIT 528 (24-17-21-19-7) 4. Jonathan Toews, CHI 408 (17-15-19-10-8) 5. Patrice Bergeron, BOS 185 (8-8-4-8-5) 6. Travis Zajac, N.J. 73 (0-5-3-6-5)

The year prior to that he cam third in voting for the Selke behind Pavel and Mike Richards.

Seems that you are quite wrong and misinformed.

Edited by TheCammer, 07 March 2013 - 02:24 PM.

Posted Image

#113 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Honestly, I can see Higgins sticking as our 3rd line center when Kesler comes back. Him with Hansen and Raymond look great and very efficient as a two-way line.

#114 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Marty says hi!

Luongo says hi back and sends his best regards lol... I said past 8 years. I think luongo has marginally been the better between the two in the past 8 years.

2cz94w5.jpg

#115 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Honestly, I can see Higgins sticking as our 3rd line center when Kesler comes back. Him with Hansen and Raymond look great and very efficient as a two-way line.

Higgins hasn't played centre all year. Raymond has though.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#116 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Higgins hasn't played centre all year. Raymond has though.

that line - higglins- raymond-hansen has been our best line over the past 3 games

#117 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

that line - higglins- raymond-hansen has been our best line over the past 3 games

That's fine for you to have that opinion.

Higgins has not played centre all year.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#118 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

You talk like Kesler is about to retire. His best year was just a couple of seasons ago and he is only 28. You want to trade him so he could be scoring like Hodgson for the other team? Then you will probably come here and whine after the Kesler trade on why we traded him and how MG got ripped off.

.......How wrong you are,I've wanted him traded for over 2 seasons because I could see what he was......>the 2nd line cancer........all he's done is proved me right time after time.
Unfortunately there are some of you who can't see the truth if it hit you.....Irrelevant of age, I believe he'll only ever be good enough for a 3rd line position,except on the canucks because they're too dumb to accept it.

Edited by fagin, 08 March 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#119 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

LOL

#120 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,699 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

You're not serious, are you? I'll try and make this quick

Henrik Lundqvist/Marty Biron

Jonathan Quick/Jonathan Bernier

Marc-Andre Fleury/Tomas Vokoun

Miikka Kiprusoff

Tuukka Rask

Kari Lehtonen

Jonas Hiller/Viktor Fasth

Ryan Miller/Jonas Enroth

Craig Anderson/Ben Bishop/Robin Lehner

Jaroslav Halak/Brian Elliot

Antti Niemi

Carey Price

Ondrej Pavelec

Cam Ward/Dan Ellis

Corey Crawford/Ray Emery

Jimmy Howard

Niklas Backstrom

Pekka Rinne

Semyon Varlamov

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.