Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
137 replies to this topic

#121 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,646 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

You're not serious, are you? I'll try and make this quick

Henrik Lundqvist/Marty Biron

Jonathan Quick/Jonathan Bernier

Marc-Andre Fleury/Tomas Vokoun

Miikka Kiprusoff

Tuukka Rask

Kari Lehtonen

Jonas Hiller/Viktor Fasth

Ryan Miller/Jonas Enroth

Craig Anderson/Ben Bishop/Robin Lehner

Jaroslav Halak/Brian Elliot

Antti Niemi

Carey Price

Ondrej Pavelec

Cam Ward/Dan Ellis

Corey Crawford/Ray Emery

Jimmy Howard

Niklas Backstrom

Pekka Rinne

Semyon Varlamov

Luongo is better. More clutch, makes saves when u need it most.

Yea I said it... don't lose sleep over it
2cz94w5.jpg<
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books.
THE CANUCKS ARE THE SINGLE, GREATEST SPORTS FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. GO CANUCKS GO

#122 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,869 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

So, more clutch than Vezina winning Henrik Lundqvist, more clutch than Conn Smythe winning, Stanley Cup winning Jonathan Quick who was nothing short of a God in the playoffs last year? I wish I could use the language I want to use, but I'd get in trouble. So I'll just say this: I will lose sleep, but it would be because I was laughing so hard at that statement.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#123 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Lol.

I admire your persistence.

zackass.png

#124 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

How about focus on all the lines? Some talent perhaps... which can only be drafted at this point

#125 Vancouver Canucks 30

Vancouver Canucks 30

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

?

Edited by Vancouver Canucks 30, 11 March 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#126 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

That's wrong. I disagree with TSN on this one. There's a lot of interest in Luongo, I can almost guarantee it.

I also doubt Raymond will be traded. He's not looking too bad this year.

I also think Ballard would be able to fetch a center, if we were to trade him, but I don't think we should. I'm not convinced Alberts nor Barker can be a full time defenceman on this team.

I also don't see the point in trading Booth. Cut the guy some slack, he's been injured.

It's almost as if they got the fan opinions "TRADE BOOTH, TRADE BALLARD, TRADE RAYMOND".

Haha. I hate eastern media.

Who would these teams be? I can only perhaps think of Florida, and maybe Washington but McPhee already said no..
Posted Image

#127 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

Were always looking for a third line centre. With our situation, one would think we would be shopping for a second liner that can score at least 20 goals and fit on second line and PP.

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#128 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I think CBJ would part with Dubinsky, guy would be perfect for 3rd or 2nd line, also can play the wing, and bring some added toughness.

Columbus Blue Jackets new GM Jarmo Kekalainen apparently wants to move Brandon Dubinsky’s $4.2 million per season contract- This from the Ottawa sun.

What do you think it would take to get him out?

#129 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Were always looking for a third line centre. With our situation, one would think we would be shopping for a second liner that can score at least 20 goals and fit on second line and PP.

Weiss would have been a good candidate, but now he is available as a UFA off season assuming FL doesn't sign an injured player to a contract.

Hank, Weiss, Kesler and Lapierre would give us the deepest C in the league.
Posted Image

#130 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

I think CBJ would part with Dubinsky, guy would be perfect for 3rd or 2nd line, also can play the wing, and bring some added toughness.

Columbus Blue Jackets new GM Jarmo Kekalainen apparently wants to move Brandon Dubinsky’s $4.2 million per season contract- This from the Ottawa sun.

What do you think it would take to get him out?

Would they take Luongo if we also take one of their goalies? They don't have a goalie signed to a long term deal at all.

Edited by CB007, 10 March 2013 - 09:53 AM.

Posted Image

#131 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Would they take Luongo if we also take one of their goalies? They don't have a goalie signed to a long term deal at all.

Do you think we would have to move a goalie? It seems that it may be a dump, maybe move a more palatable salary and a low pick, what do ya think?

#132 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

I dont mind the thought of Dubinsky, but he is paid alot, we would have to send salary back. Logical forward to move is Raymond or booth, but how much more would hey want?

Players id be interested in: With the usual players, prospects and the odd draft pick available. None of these packages need us to include a goalie.

Filpulla, White

O'byrne

Roy, Robidas

Dubinsky/Brassard, Aucoin

Jokinen, Mcbain

Talbot, Foster

Josh bailey, Radek Martinek

Boyle, stralman/Gilroy

kennedy, Niskanen

Berglund/Sobotka, Polak

Steckel, Franson

#133 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Weiss would have been a good candidate, but now he is available as a UFA off season assuming FL doesn't sign an injured player to a contract.

Hank, Weiss, Kesler and Lapierre would give us the deepest C in the league.

I'm thinking were going to be looking for players like Dubinsky, Foligno, Brendan Morrow etc. We need a top six forward that can work on the second line. The way we are looking with this roster is not a real playoff team. Even when Kesler is back, he wont be to his full potential. Nucks need a big boost of skill or we could be in trouble now, and playoffs.

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#134 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Do you think Sobotka could be had for say Ballard, I agree if we were able to get Dubinsky for picks, we would have to make other moves to get rid of some salary ie. Ballard, Booth (although I think he is coming around), Raymond, but I think Dubinsky definitely fills a few needs.
Do you think that Clarkson could be had out of NJ? They will need a goalie, would Lou waive to go there?

#135 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Do you think we would have to move a goalie? It seems that it may be a dump, maybe move a more palatable salary and a low pick, what do ya think?

Steve Mason will be a UFA and Brobovsky RFA. They can use a reliable high level goalie and they are least likely to object to one with a long term deal in place already. Dubinsky would be very useful if he returns to his NYR level. The guy is only 26.
Posted Image

#136 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Mike gillis .... Add Dubinsky and Clowe or risk unemployment..
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#137 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'm thinking were going to be looking for players like Dubinsky, Foligno, Brendan Morrow etc. We need a top six forward that can work on the second line. The way we are looking with this roster is not a real playoff team. Even when Kesler is back, he wont be to his full potential. Nucks need a big boost of skill or we could be in trouble now, and playoffs.

To get playoff built we def need 2-3 pieces.

Clowe,Dubinsky and foligno in
Booth Raymond Schroeder out.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#138 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

For a 3rd line center, I wouldn't mind seeing Sobotka or Matthias come here.

Also:

Brandon Dubinsky
Ryan Clowe
Brendan Morrow

Edited by -Trapped In CDC-, 10 March 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.