The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson with the goal of the year?

Point is you can pay Jordon Tootoo or Zac Rinaldo to hit people in the face. Punching people isn't hard, scoring a goal like that is very hard.

There's a difference between being a tough top 6 player (actually having offensive talent and some defensive awareness) and being a grinder that can fight, and all I'm seeing from Kassian is that he is just another big guy you pay to hit people on the 4th line.

LOL all you're seeing for Kassian is 4th line material? What? Did you not see the skill he has shown throughout the season? He's playing a regular shift, getting way more ice time than a 4th liner, and he can fight and keep players on the other team honest. Speak of the devil Kassian just blew by two guys dangled the goalie and got robbed. But no that's 4th line crap right there right? Give me a break bud. I guess you want Hodgson whining to management all year about how he's not getting ice time over a Hart trophy winner and a Selke trophy winner.

Stop complaining and move on. Hodgson is a Sabre and Kassian is a Canuck. No amount of complaining is going to change that.

Was I the one who brought Kassian up in the Hodgson thread? No, you Kassian dick riders crap up every thread.

Lappy and Manny have shown flashes of amazing offensive talent, but they are just flashes. Hockey is like this, that will happen from time to time, but he didn't get robbed, he has NO FINISH. He has hands similar to Bernier and terrible positioning in both ends. Time will make even you realize this.

The Hodgson trade reminds me very much of another trade the Canucks made; a skill player for a "tough power forward with soft hands." Both of them first rounders. Naslund for Stojanov.

I don't dislike Kassian as a person, and would like for him to somehow become Lucic or Nash, but he's not gonna do that and as a result lost the team a real offensive talent for useless size.

Is Kassian very good at that? Buffalo is 4th worst in GAA with a 3.17 while Vancouver is 11th with a 2.57, yet Kassian has managed to have a worse +/- than Hodgson with far less ice time.

But it's okay, he punched a guy once. Even though he doesn't even hit any one any more, he punched a dude once plan the parade. Whodgson?

Way to sound like a tool, was Lucic a beast his first season? Nope. His second season? Nope. His third season? Nope. Some players need time to develope. Then you compare him to Nash... 1st overall pick... Really? The 2 don't even play a similar style Nash is a "power forward" that never even throws a hit. Then to top it all off you say Kassian lost this team a real offensive talent... Cause he really had a say in it.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I don't dislike Kassian as a person, and would like for him to somehow become Lucic or Nash, but he's not gonna do that and as a result lost the team a real offensive talent for useless size.

Archived