The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson with the goal of the year?

Yep, Hodgson is only two points behind Daniel & Henrik, with his 21 pts compared to their 23pts.

Only diff is, all of Hodgson's points (21) have come at even strength or short-handed (like that goal - a solo short-handed steal), while Daniel has only 16 pts ES and Hennrik 18 pts ES. In fact, Hodgson has more even strength points (19) than all canuck forwards and more short-handed (2) than all Canucks (0). Go figure.

Personally, I continue to believe this speaks as much about Hodgson finally getting some consistent quality ice time as it speaks to the Canucks being a slump with the current "coaching system". But who knows.

Actually he merely asked for more ice time like many hockey players do, to which AV replied FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

People should to keep in mind that Hodgson found himself playing on the fourth line even though he had just won rookie of the month honors.

AV is the only coach Ive ever heard of who would reduce a player's ice time in spite of his exceptional play. To a lesser extent this also happened to Kassian earlier in this season.

I think his ego has gotten too big for the good of the team, and this is a big reason why I thought he should have been replaced after the Canucks were eliminated by LA.

That was an amazing goal if you ask me. I havent a sequence of toe drags like that for a long while.

Not a good analogy. In hockey, if you have a player that doesn't want to be on your team you trade them.

Otherwise they could become a distraction, or even go public with their demands, which would take away alot of trade value. Like we saw with Nash, and like we're seeing with Luongo.

Certainly not always true. A kid in a room full of veterans doesn't become a distraction. Maybe if it was Kesler who was asking for a trade it could be. There was no indication at all from Hodgson's play on the ice or demeanour off of it that the way he was treated was going to affect his attitude. Even after he was traded, and Gillis took a few potshots at him, he still refused to badmouth the team, I believe his line was "I'd rather just take the high road" when given the chance to fire back.

Trade value doesn't matter when you don't intend to trade someone. Cody should've been a franchise type of player, he certainly has the talent. You don't trade away guys like that. You just watch, Buffalo won't be as stupid. Personally I fail to understand why Zack Stojanov gets so much more icetime than Cody ever got in Vancouver, despite the fact that Fatassian clearly sucks and provides little that Volpatti and now Sestito couldn't.

People still crying in here eh? "Fatassian" huh? stay classy vancouverites. Why not just go buy your Buffalo jerseys so you can stop crying about it all. Bet you all loved Kassian when he was nearly scoring a goal a game to start the season, bunch of fair weather fans.

Don't even bother trying to reason with them in here DeNiro it's a waste of time. They're all obviously smarter then Gillis, AV and the rest of the Canucks organization. You'd be more successful trying to argue with a 5 year old.

Certainly not always true. A kid in a room full of veterans doesn't become a distraction. Maybe if it was Kesler who was asking for a trade it could be. There was no indication at all from Hodgson's play on the ice or demeanour off of it that the way he was treated was going to affect his attitude. Even after he was traded, and Gillis took a few potshots at him, he still refused to badmouth the team, I believe his line was "I'd rather just take the high road" when given the chance to fire back.

Trade value doesn't matter when you don't intend to trade someone. Cody should've been a franchise type of player, he certainly has the talent. You don't trade away guys like that. You just watch, Buffalo won't be as stupid. Personally I fail to understand why Zack Stojanov gets so much more icetime than Cody ever got in Vancouver, despite the fact that Fatassian clearly sucks and provides little that Volpatti and now Sestito couldn't.

Archived