397 replies to this topic

#31 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

LOL all you're seeing for Kassian is 4th line material? What? Did you not see the skill he has shown throughout the season? He's playing a regular shift, getting way more ice time than a 4th liner, and he can fight and keep players on the other team honest. Speak of the devil Kassian just blew by two guys dangled the goalie and got robbed. But no that's 4th line crap right there right? Give me a break bud. I guess you want Hodgson whining to management all year about how he's not getting ice time over a Hart trophy winner and a Selke trophy winner.

Stop complaining and move on. Hodgson is a Sabre and Kassian is a Canuck. No amount of complaining is going to change that.

Lappy and Manny have shown flashes of amazing offensive talent, but they are just flashes. Hockey is like this, that will happen from time to time, but he didn't get robbed, he has NO FINISH. He has hands similar to Bernier and terrible positioning in both ends. Time will make even you realize this.

The Hodgson trade reminds me very much of another trade the Canucks made; a skill player for a "tough power forward with soft hands." Both of them first rounders. Naslund for Stojanov.

I don't dislike Kassian as a person, and would like for him to somehow become Lucic or Nash, but he's not gonna do that and as a result lost the team a real offensive talent for useless size.

#32 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

This is what should be expected of Hodgson, not Kassian.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 05 March 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#33 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Unreal goal!
Wow
Posted Image

#34 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Was I the one who brought Kassian up in the Hodgson thread? No, you Kassian dick riders crap up every thread.

Lappy and Manny have shown flashes of amazing offensive talent, but they are just flashes. Hockey is like this, that will happen from time to time, but he didn't get robbed, he has NO FINISH. He has hands similar to Bernier and terrible positioning in both ends. Time will make even you realize this.

The Hodgson trade reminds me very much of another trade the Canucks made; a skill player for a "tough power forward with soft hands." Both of them first rounders. Naslund for Stojanov.

I don't dislike Kassian as a person, and would like for him to somehow become Lucic or Nash, but he's not gonna do that and as a result lost the team a real offensive talent for useless size.

Way to sound like a tool, was Lucic a beast his first season? Nope. His second season? Nope. His third season? Nope. Some players need time to develope. Then you compare him to Nash... 1st overall pick... Really? The 2 don't even play a similar style Nash is a "power forward" that never even throws a hit. Then to top it all off you say Kassian lost this team a real offensive talent... Cause he really had a say in it.

#35 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,052 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Is Kassian very good at that? Buffalo is 4th worst in GAA with a 3.17 while Vancouver is 11th with a 2.57, yet Kassian has managed to have a worse +/- than Hodgson with far less ice time.

But it's okay, he punched a guy once. Even though he doesn't even hit any one any more, he punched a dude once plan the parade. Whodgson?

U mad? :lol:

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#36 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Way to sound like a tool, was Lucic a beast his first season? Nope. His second season? Nope. His third season? Nope. Some players need time to develope. Then you compare him to Nash... 1st overall pick... Really? The 2 don't even play a similar style Nash is a "power forward" that never even throws a hit. Then to top it all off you say Kassian lost this team a real offensive talent... Cause he really had a say in it.

Not saying he had a say in it, but he is the return we got.

2nd season Lucic did very well, he was a PPG during the playoffs. But I digress, Kassian will never ever be close to Lucic or Nash, that is a pipe dream I'd love to come true which is the whole point of that statement. However, being a realist, Kassian doesn't have the offensive skill to be a top 6 player.

Edited by Bossy, 05 March 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#37 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

What a goal. Lol @ the Hodgson haters.
Posted Image

#38 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Can I have a look in that magic ball that lets you see the future too?

#39 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,290 posts

Dang what a beauty! That is definitely in contention for goal of the year.

I guess the Cody haters signal went out since you said something positive about him. That seems to put some people into a rage.

#40 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,052 posts

OMG we should have Hodgson and Grabner.

We'd score so many goals, and we'd be the toughest team in the league.

Lol @ the Hodgson fanboys.

Posted Image

#41 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,052 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Can I have a look in that magic ball that lets you see the future too?

Yep, cause as we've learned so many times on here, CDC is the first place to go for predicting how good players will be... :rolleyes:

They were sure right when they called Hodgson and Grabner busts.

Posted Image

#42 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Damn, sick goal.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#43 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

OMG we should have Hodgson and Grabner.

We'd score so many goals, and we'd be the toughest team in the league.

Lol @ the Hodgson fanboys.

Getting so defensive makes it obvious you are insecure about the trade.

I like how you guys are the one who bring Kassian in to a Hodgson thread then cry when you get told how crap Kassian is.

#44 goal-ghost

goal-ghost

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

why are so many trying to discredit this effort? pretty funny comments from some of you.
it's ok everyone, hodgson's play has no bearing on the player that kassian will become.

i'd be curious to gauge the level of nonchalance if it's schroeder who pots that one?
Posted Image

#45 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,052 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Getting so defensive makes it obvious you are insecure about the trade.

I like how you guys are the one who bring Kassian in to a Hodgson thread then cry when you get told how crap Kassian is.

I haven't mentioned Kassian once. It seems to me the people who are still in love with Hodgson are the quickest ones to mention Kassian.

I moved on from the trade a long time ago. Seems some people can't stop whining about it though. Any time Hodgson takes a dump you've got people on here saying how good it was.

Posted Image

#46 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

I haven't mentioned Kassian once. It seems to me the people who are still in love with Hodgson are the quickest ones to mention Kassian.

I moved on from the trade a long time ago. Seems some people can't stop whining about it though. Any time Hodgson takes a dump you've got people on here saying how good it was.

A thread about a nice goal and here's everything before I posted:\

Cue the OMG why did we trade Hodgson???? Gillis is an idiot, he should be neutered!!! comments.

Its a nice goal but he looks like Wellwood out there. SLOWW

Now lets see him fight Eager

Was watching the game and he didn't look very good before that, some turnovers and bad defensive plays.

That was sick though.

But boy I am not excited for the Cody whiners to come out now, CDC Avalanche warning.

Look at that, Kassian dick riders complaining about non-existent whiners and crapting up the thread. Calling him a bad player and bringing up Kassian's only fight (where was he against Chicago?).

I think you're delusional. Kassian dick riders are the problem.

#47 TheWheeler

TheWheeler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

The kid is a fantastic player.

If only our coaches had the balls to move Kesler to the wing... To think of the points that line would bring in is depressing.

#48 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,052 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Look at that, Kassian dick riders complaining about non-existent whiners and crapting up the thread. Calling him a bad player and bringing up Kassian's only fight (where was he against Chicago?).

Only one of those actually referenced Kassian, and I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

Posted Image

#49 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

As much as it pains me to resort to this... you were saying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw0fY_cXITc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEh53OWz0jU

I think the problem there was the abysmal 8 goals in 7 games, not being punched.

#50 supersocco

supersocco

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

SICK goal. There wasn't anyone to even fake a pass to.

#51 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Only fight? Please explain.

So far it seems pretty clear that Buffalo has won the trade, but I still think if Kassian keeps developing it will even out in the end. He is clearly improved from last year and he does have plenty of offensive skill, as proven by his previous big numbers in junior, his play with the twins, and some slick goals he has scored. He just needs to be more consistent, like any young player. Hodgson was the same way last year, look where he is now. So far Kassian appears to be a year behind Hodgson in development.

#52 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Only one of those actually referenced Kassian, and I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

3 are obviously related to the trade and one is referencing a common knock to Hodgson which has nothing to do with this play as he is stick handling and not on the rush so it's only reason it is there is to discredit Hodsgon.

Instead of letting people discuss the goal and letting the one or two people talking about what could have been in a civil manner without mentioning Kassian, the dick riders bring the trade and Kassian (by being SO FUNNY and sarcastically mentioning it in a passive aggressive way that makes them seem insecure) in to a thread that has nothing to do with him by putting the focus on a trade. This creates comparisons between the two for no reason.

The ONLY reason I posted was because the dick riders started with the bull they always do, the oh he wasn't amazing he was bad defensively he's slow HERE COMES THE WHINERS WE'RE SO FUNNY RIGHT?

Kassian dick riders are a cancer.

#53 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

POPULAR

Buffalo is still last place in the Eastern conference. Nice goal btw. Very nice goal.

Still not sure why he is listed is 6'0

Hes 5'10 tops.

FYI, Buffalo is not last in the E. conference, but actually 13th in a very tight race for playoff spots. In fact, as of the moment, Buffalo is only 4 pts out of a playoff spot, and only 6 pts behind the Canucks.

But yeah, sweet goal. Take away in the neutral zone before going through the rest of Carolina's team, wrapping up the solo effort past their goalie. It was also yet another example of how far this kid has come since leaving AV's doghouse and getting a fresh start with coaching staff willing to develop their rookies.

Post trade Canucks mgmt (MG) went out of the way to trash the kid, claiming they actively tried to scam potential trading partners (other teams) by setting Hodgson up to look better than he was and not expose his so-called defensive liabilities.

In Buffalo, the coaching staff has given Hodgson the opportunity to gain experience and actually develop his two-way game - which explains why he's now one of the go-to guys on the PK, the only Sabre with 2 short-handed points":1 from an awesome setup of Pominville, and then tonight's solo effort.

But there will always been the blinded Canuck sheep who fall for the story he's useless defensively, repeating the tired rhetoric of others rather than actually taking off their sheep glasses long enough to develop their own opinion. Sorta like the tired rhetoric that somehow Hodgson is only riding the coattails of Vanek and Pominville, despite what both those guys and stats show otherwise.

This kid has proven again and again he can do it solo, can feed his linemates, can tap in what they feed him, etc. Same situation as the Sedins - and every other set of linemates - have, but somehow disgruntled Canuck fans would prefer to imagine that Hodgson's successes belong to anyone but him. :rolleyes:

And oh yeah, this kid has been more successful than even the Sedins so far this season. He's sitting on an arguably less talented team, yet has just as many points as the Canuck's leading scorers, and significantly more even strength and short-handed points than any other Canuck.

Here's to hoping Canucks management learn something from how this season has panned out so far for Hodgson versus Kassian, and actually give Kassian the same opportunity to develop as Hodgson has found elsewhere!

#54 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,672 posts

Someone has amnesia, better go to the doctor, wimp.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#55 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

The kid is a fantastic player.

If only our coaches had the balls to move Kesler to the wing... To think of the points that line would bring in is depressing.

Yup really frustrating knowing we traded a player like that. CH will be one of the top players in the league I hae said this since the beggining. It could have been different but at least CH is in a place where management can appreciate him more.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#56 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

:mellow: :(
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#57 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

I think the problem there was the abysmal 8 goals in 7 games, not being punched.

Or because we didn't have kassian? mind blown?

#58 ManUtd

ManUtd

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hell of a goal. Absolutely sick. Surprised there managed to be a goal tonight even better than Fehr's.

rsz_avs.jpg

#59 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Keeping the puck out of your net is a good strategy too.

Probably why Buffalo is in 12th right now.

He's not the reason why Buffalo is in 12th. Most of their problem is their defence and Ryan Miller playing mediocre at best. He is not the problem.

I'm a huge Hodgson lover and every time I see these threads, I'm one of the few who never mention Kassian. I moved on myself but honestly, the comparisons will never end until their careers are over.

FYI, Buffalo is not last in the E. conference, but actually 13th in a very tight race for playoff spots. In fact, as of the moment, Buffalo is only 4 pts out of a playoff spot, and only 6 pts behind the Canucks.

But yeah, sweet goal. Take away in the neutral zone before going through the rest of Carolina's team, wrapping up the solo effort past their goalie. It was also yet another example of how far this kid has come since leaving AV's doghouse and getting a fresh start with coaching staff willing to develop their rookies.

Post trade Canucks mgmt (MG) went out of the way to trash the kid, claiming they actively tried to scam potential trading partners (other teams) by setting Hodgson up to look better than he was and not expose his so-called defensive liabilities.

In Buffalo, the coaching staff has given Hodgson the opportunity to gain experience and actually develop his two-way game - which explains why he's now one of the go-to guys on the PK, the only Sabre with 2 short-handed points":1 from an awesome setup of Pominville, and then tonight's solo effort.

But there will always been the blinded Canuck sheep who fall for the story he's useless defensively, repeating the tired rhetoric of others rather than actually taking off their sheep glasses long enough to develop their own opinion. Sorta like the tired rhetoric that somehow Hodgson is only riding the coattails of Vanek and Pominville, despite what both those guys and stats show otherwise.

This kid has proven again and again he can do it solo, can feed his linemates, can tap in what they feed him, etc. Same situation as the Sedins - and every other set of linemates - have, but somehow disgruntled Canuck fans would prefer to imagine that Hodgson's successes belong to anyone but him. :rolleyes:

And oh yeah, this kid has been more successful than even the Sedins so far this season. He's sitting on an arguably less talented team, yet has just as many points as the Canuck's leading scorers, and significantly more even strength and short-handed points than any other Canuck.

Here's to hoping Canucks management learn something from how this season has panned out so far for Hodgson versus Kassian, and actually give Kassian the same opportunity to develop as Hodgson has found elsewhere!

Well said. People forget to realize that he was always on the top PK unit in junior and in the 2009 World Juniors playing PK alongside with John Tavares. He was a great two way forward with amazing offensive skill but his injuries had really hampered and slowed down his development

#60 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

3 are obviously related to the trade and one is referencing a common knock to Hodgson which has nothing to do with this play as he is stick handling and not on the rush so it's only reason it is there is to discredit Hodsgon.

Instead of letting people discuss the goal and letting the one or two people talking about what could have been in a civil manner without mentioning Kassian, the dick riders bring the trade and Kassian (by being SO FUNNY and sarcastically mentioning it in a passive aggressive way that makes them seem insecure) in to a thread that has nothing to do with him by putting the focus on a trade. This creates comparisons between the two for no reason.

The ONLY reason I posted was because the dick riders started with the bull they always do, the oh he wasn't amazing he was bad defensively he's slow HERE COMES THE WHINERS WE'RE SO FUNNY RIGHT?

Kassian dick riders are a cancer.

Kassian dick riders? Guess that's what it is called when you support the players on your team. Guess I'm a Sedin dick rider too. Also a Burrows dick rider. I also ride the dicks of Booth, Kesler, Hansen, Hamhuis, Garrison, Weise, Sestito, Higgins, Lapierre, Malhotra, Raymond, Schroeder, Tanev, Bieksa, Barker, Ballard, Alberts, Schneider, AND Lu. Gawd I am just one big slut.

Btw way to write off a player who just turned 22 years old. Reaaal nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.