#91 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hodgson is playing on a top line.

When Kassian played a handful of games on the top line he scored 5 goals, and was scoring at the same pace as Hodgson. Then AV takes him off.

If Kassian was being given the same opportunities, his point totals would be much higher. He's also got a year in hand of development for himself though.

How long are you going to play the development card for? Until they retire?
Posted Image

#92 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

You don't think 40 goals and back to back 70+ point seasons is enough to hold a second line?

God this thread is hilarious. Everyone is complaining about us going with the proven commodity and proven elite two way player over a rookie complaining for ice time.

What a great idea, should have traded Kesler instead, then when our team gets murdered on the PK and in big defensive situations we could all look back and whine about choosing Cody over Kesler.

Kesler >>> Hodgson. Get over it.

It's pathetic how quickly fans turn on a player cause they have some injury issues. Only two seasons ago he was one of the best second line centers in the league, and now people are saying we should have traded him in order to keep a rookie?

Just ridiculous. Hodgson is a slightly younger version of Phil Kessel. Who would you rather go into the playoffs with as your second line center, Kessel or Kesler? If you're smart, you'd say Kesler.

Edited by DeNiro, 06 March 2013 - 12:43 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#93 john bell

john bell

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

We'll see how this turns out, but 10 goals in 22 games in His first season as a top six forward is doing the job. Maybe, the Canucks hold Players back too long. They like the slow development route. Anyways, got to wonder about Gillis making a risky trade like that. They could have ignored His griping.

Edited by john bell, 06 March 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#94 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

How long are you going to play the development card for? Until they retire?

Until he at least reaches his prime age of development which is about 2 or 3 years from now. Power forwards typically take longer to develop.

But, I won't argue with the talent analysts of CDC. Clearly they are wizards at predicting the future. I mean once a player gets more points than another player, despite their age and opportunities, that player is always going to be better.

Posted Image

#95 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

It's pathetic how quickly fans turn on a player cause they have some injury issues. Only two seasons ago he was one of the best second line centers in the league, and now people are saying we should have traded him in order to keep a rookie?

Just ridiculous. Hodgson is a lightly younger version of Phil Kessel. Who would you rather go into the playoffs with as your second line center, Kessel or Kesler? If you're smart, you'd say Kesler.

Not even Kessel, he is like Roy or Drury without the speed, I watched the game until the pre game show came on, he was bad defensively, that part of his game hasn't improved and is a glaring weakness, he is doing great offensively and he has always had the smarts but there is more to the game than offense, this team would be much less complete with him instead of RK17.

And yeah I know, funny how he was like top 10 in hart voting not that long ago, after coming off back to back 70+ point season, 3 straight selke nominations, including the win obviously, and looked pretty good in his first few games before that injury really set in and affected him, and now that he is gone everyone is back on the Cody bandwagon.

Its a joke, in no way is keeping an unproven rookie who is a defensive liability over a 70 point, 40 goal selke winner a good idea for a team who wants a cup.

zackass.png

#96 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Kesler is an overrated diver. He's beat up and can't hack it anymore, his best days are up. Hodgson isn't even in his prime yet.

Get over that.

LOL.

What tells you his best days are up??

Raymond just came back from a serious injury and is better than ever, RK17 had an unfortunate injury, it happens to everyone.

Oh and weren't people calling Cody a bust too during that injury rehab and when he first got back? And now everyone is in love with him and want him over our elite 2-way forward.

Hmmmm.... Interesting how things work out.

zackass.png

#97 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Nice goal.

I don't usually get involved in the pointless Hodgson v Kassian debate, but I will say this once: MG could have had Kassian for a lot less. Buffalo had moved on. I think my disappointment in that trade will always stem from that more than from the fact Hodgson wanted out.

Still hopeful Kass works out. Glad Cody is doing well. Aaaaand... done.

#98 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

Not even Kessel, he is like Roy or Drury without the speed, I watched the game until the pre game show came on, he was bad defensively, that part of his game hasn't improved and is a glaring weakness, he is doing great offensively and he has always had the smarts but there is more to the game than offense, this team would be much less complete with him instead of RK17.

And yeah I know, funny how he was like top 10 in hart voting not that long ago, after coming off back to back 70+ point season, 3 straight selke nominations, including the win obviously, and looked pretty good in his first few games before that injury really set in and affected him, and now that he is gone everyone is back on the Cody bandwagon.

Its a joke, in no way is keeping an unproven rookie who is a defensive liability over a 70 point, 40 goal selke winner a good idea for a team who wants a cup.

Don't tell that to the kiddies of CDC that only measure players in points. Points are everything after all, who needs defense? I mean look at Philly, they're all offense, and doing great right?

Without a balance of offense and defense, teams don't go anywhere in the playoffs. Hodgson was too much like Henrik to be our second line center. We need someone who is able to handle those tough matchups against the Joe Thorntons, Mike Richards, and Jonathon Toews. Would Hodgson really be that guy?

Sure we'd score 3 or 4 goals a game easily, but we'd be letting in 5 or 6.

Posted Image

#99 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Don't tell that to the kiddies of CDC that only measure players in points. Points are everything after all, who needs defense? I mean look at Philly, they're all offense, and doing great right?

Without a balance of offense and defense, teams don't go anywhere in the playoffs. Hodgson was too much like Henrik to be our second line center. We need someone who is able to handle those tough matchups against the Joe Thorntons, Mike Richards, and Jonathon Toews. Would Hodgson really be that guy?

Because we've allowed 5 or 6 goals a game all season with a rotating door of Burrows, Schroeder, Ebbett, Lapierre and Malhotra @ center.

Try to give Cody some credit for his defensive game. He's not nearly as bad as you make him out to be..
Posted Image

#100 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

LOL.

What tells you his best days are up??

Raymond just came back from a serious injury and is better than ever, RK17 had an unfortunate injury, it happens to everyone.

Oh and weren't people calling Cody a bust too during that injury rehab and when he first got back? And now everyone is in love with him and want him over our elite 2-way forward.

Hmmmm.... Interesting how things work out.

In my opinion Raymond has been great for us over the last two years and he gets good streaks. But mayray is just a streak player not consistent. Cody is pure skill and when he was with the canucks I had him down as a new age 'Joe Sakic'. As in potential and skill set to reach that level.

Kessler is good but not great. He's a grinding two way forward and with the way he plays that just won't last long, again that's my opinion. And always has been my opinion since 'the trade'. That's why Kessler was diving. It's a sign of weakness and we have to understand which kind of players they are not just that they are all players. Simply put the level that Kessler made it to with his play style is not sustainable.

Would love him to prove me wrong but I take CH any day any time over RK. And that's just pure foresight and doing what's best for the organization in the years to come. For some reason personal issues overshadowed doing what's best for the team and fans. That was keeping CH no matter what and letting him develope on the team further.

Instead we have to watch as our current roster fades and he enters his prime.

Tough pill to swallow but I support CH and the canucks. I even support RK but gotta call it how I see it even if that looks bad. Again it's about what I think is best for the teams future.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#101 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Exactly, unfortunately this is logic Cody dick riders can't understand.

But I guess since points and goals mean everything. Cody Hodgson is also better than: Johnathon Toews, Anze Kopitar, Cory Perry, Taylor Hall, Ilya Kovalchuk, Matt Duchene, Patrick Marleau, Patrick Sharp, Patrice Bergeron, Alex Ovechkin, Rick Nash, Jeff Carter, Jordan Eberle, David Krejci, Loui Eriksson, exc. exc.

Its no surprise to me Buffalo is 3rd in goal against, and has the 3rd lowest GA to GF differential.

zackass.png

#102 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

Because we've allowed 5 or 6 goals a game all season with a rotating door of Burrows, Schroeder, Ebbett, Lapierre and Malhotra @ center.

Try to give Cody some credit for his defensive game. He's not nearly as bad as you make him out to be..

Maybe not in the regular season, but would you be comfortable with him matching up against Getzlaf, Thornton, Rishards, or Toews? I know I wouldn't.

I just don't understand how on the one hand fans can say we're too soft and we need to get tougher. But then on the other saying that Hodgson should be our second line center over Kesler? That's a complete contradiction.

Winning in the regular season? Sure Hodgson would probably give us a great chance to win. In the playoffs with tough minutes? I don't think that would go too well personally. He would be feasted on playing in the bigger tough Western playoffs. Having Henrik, Hodgson, Lapierre, and Schroeder down the middle would be pretty weak.

Posted Image

#103 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

U can add me into your quote, that Hodgson is going to be better than Kesler next year.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#104 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

What is better though? Are we judging it solely on points? Because that's a very simplistic way of measuring who's better.

I could say Vanek is better than almost every other player in the league, but that's not true.

Edited by DeNiro, 06 March 2013 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image

#105 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,450 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Play the BODY much Carolina..

#106 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Kassian narrowly missed a beauty Bertuzzi-like goal tonight, when he slipped through the two defensemen. Had that gone in, this conversation wouldn't even be happening.

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#107 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

What is better though? Are we judging it solely on points? Because that's a very simplistic way of measuring who's better.

I could say Vanek is better than almost every other player in the league, but that's not true.

Would you say that some of the best hockey players in history are known for their point totals? And that high point totals reflect overall productiveness in contributions made to the team towards a possible Stanley cup?

I would.

#108 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

Cause he asked for one?

Because of a stubborn coach!

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#109 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Would you say that some of the best hockey players in history are known for their point totals? And that high point totals reflect overall productiveness in contributions made to the team towards a possible Stanley cup?

I would.

Of course that's true, but Hodgson will never be included in the same conversation as the best players ever. Sorry. Those best players were putting up godly numbers as 23 year olds.

If Hodgson puts up 100+ points next season, then you can start to talk about him in the elite category. But until then, putting up a PPG as a 23 year old playing first line minutes, isn't that uncommon of a feat. And it definitely doesn't guarantee playoff success.

Posted Image

#110 terrible.dee

terrible.dee

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

No one hated on Cory more than I did while he was here...but...

...Yeah....we lost that trade...

BIG TIME

#111 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

No one hated on Cory more than I did while he was here...but...

...Yeah....we lost that trade...

BIG TIME

Yea, and if Atlanta would have traded Bryan Little as a 21 year old for Chris Stewart it would have looked like a horrible trade.

Who would you rather have now?

Trades aren't determined after one season as impatient as Canucks fans are.

Posted Image

#112 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

Cody's playing great with those top-line minutes. It's a shame there wasn't a better spot for him on the Canucks, but where was he ever going to fit when we have Hart and Selke winners ahead of him on the depth chart?

I wouldn't say we lost the trade. Is Cody's fine play going to pull the Sabres out of 13th place?

#113 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

POPULAR

Exactly, unfortunately this is logic Cody dick riders can't understand.

But I guess since points and goals mean everything. Cody Hodgson is also better than: Johnathon Toews, Anze Kopitar, Cory Perry, Taylor Hall, Ilya Kovalchuk, Matt Duchene, Patrick Marleau, Patrick Sharp, Patrice Bergeron, Alex Ovechkin, Rick Nash, Jeff Carter, Jordan Eberle, David Krejci, Loui Eriksson, exc. exc.

Its no surprise to me Buffalo is 3rd in goal against, and has the 3rd lowest GA to GF differential.

The irony to your implied assessment that Hodgson is such a defensive liability that he's somehow single-handedly responsible for Buffalo suffering on the goals against, is that this thread was started to talk about a sick goal the kid had just scored - short-handed, solo-effort, from a take away in the neutral zone to going in and around the D.

Short-handed because Buffalo's mgmt didn't rely on the opinions of disgruntled Canuck fans to evaluate the Hodgson's potential, but instead appear to have deliberately and consistently put the kid into situations for him to gain the experience needed to develop into a solid two-way player. I haven't seen anyone suggest he's entirely there yet, but he's clearly on the way.

He's got his screwy moments in the defensive zone, he sure ain't perfect in the dot, and he's only average for blocking shots and hits. But his d-zone flop moments are significantly less frequent, his FO % is steadily improving, and he's putting more of his body into the play than the likes of many of our Canucks... You don't want to rely on just points to evaluate his play, okay -

Hodgson has more blocked shots than all Canucks (excluding Weise by 1), more hits than the likes of either Sedin, has more takeaways than all Canucks (excluding Higgins, by 5), and fewer giveaways than the likes the Sedins (and Kassian, go figure). Hodgson has taken by far the most FOs for Buffalo (454), sucked to begin the season but has steadily improved to 46.7%. Comparably, Henrik has by the far most FOs for canucks (429), with only a 49.9% to show after years of 1st line NHL experience.

When you plug back in the part about point production, the kid only looks better. It's hard to compare the PP and SH production, seeing how Hodgson gets next to nothing on the PP and under AV, the Sedins are seemingly "protected" from PK duty, but at even strength Hodgson looks solid -

354:25 Hodgson - 19 pts
343:50 Sedin, H - 17 pts
321:47 Sedin, D - 15 pts
299:03 Burrows - 11 pts

So we've heard all the anti-Hodgson arguments from disgruntled Canucks mgmt and those who seem to fall for the trade exuse stories with sheep-like glasses...

Oh, Hodgson only did well when on the Canucks because coaching staff "protected" him from his own defensive liabilities (in other words, mgmt didn't support the kid's all-round development)...

Oh, Hodgson only did so well because he never had to go up against other team's top lines and d pairings (except, now that he has been, he's been out-producing the Canucks' own top players).

Oh, Hodgson is weak and slow (gee, didn't we hear that about the Sedins back when they first broke into the league?)

Oh, Hodgson is now only being made to look good by Vanek and Pominville (conveniently forgetting the fact that linemates are *supposed* to feed off each other, just like the Sedins, and the stats that clearly show Hodgson's linemates are clearly getting just as much from playing with him).

This thread seems to be started because the OP had a WOW moment watching a sweet goal on a solo short-handed effort. Shame certain posters around here can't just dump the lame efforts to bash the kid. Funny too, seeing how the Sedins were first treated as young players (weak, slow, etc.) - you'd think Canuck fans woulda learned by now...

#114 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Uhhh no.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#115 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

The irony to your implied assessment that Hodgson is such a defensive liability that he's somehow single-handedly responsible for Buffalo suffering on the goals against, is that this thread was started to talk about a sick goal the kid had just scored - short-handed, solo-effort, from a take away in the neutral zone to going in and around the D.

Short-handed because Buffalo's mgmt didn't rely on the opinions of disgruntled Canuck fans to evaluate the Hodgson's potential, but instead appear to have deliberately and consistently put the kid into situations for him to gain the experience needed to develop into a solid two-way player. I haven't seen anyone suggest he's entirely there yet, but he's clearly on the way.

He's got his screwy moments in the defensive zone, he sure ain't perfect in the dot, and he's only average for blocking shots and hits. But his d-zone flop moments are significantly less frequent, his FO % is steadily improving, and he's putting more of his body into the play than the likes of many of our Canucks... You don't want to rely on just points to evaluate his play, okay -

Hodgson has more blocked shots than all Canucks (excluding Weise by 1), more hits than the likes of either Sedin, has more takeaways than all Canucks (excluding Higgins, by 5), and fewer giveaways than the likes the Sedins (and Kassian, go figure). Hodgson has taken by far the most FOs for Buffalo (454), sucked to begin the season but has steadily improved to 46.7%. Comparably, Henrik has by the far most FOs for canucks (429), with only a 49.9% to show after years of 1st line NHL experience.

When you plug back in the part about point production, the kid only looks better. It's hard to compare the PP and SH production, seeing how Hodgson gets next to nothing on the PP and under AV, the Sedins are seemingly "protected" from PK duty, but at even strength Hodgson looks solid -

354:25 Hodgson - 19 pts
343:50 Sedin, H - 17 pts
321:47 Sedin, D - 15 pts
299:03 Burrows - 11 pts

So we've heard all the anti-Hodgson arguments from disgruntled Canucks mgmt and those who seem to fall for the trade exuse stories with sheep-like glasses...

Oh, Hodgson only did well when on the Canucks because coaching staff "protected" him from his own defensive liabilities (in other words, mgmt didn't support the kid's all-round development)...

Oh, Hodgson only did so well because he never had to go up against other team's top lines and d pairings (except, now that he has been, he's been out-producing the Canucks' own top players).

Oh, Hodgson is weak and slow (gee, didn't we hear that about the Sedins back when they first broke into the league?)

Oh, Hodgson is now only being made to look good by Vanek and Pominville (conveniently forgetting the fact that linemates are *supposed* to feed off each other, just like the Sedins, and the stats that clearly show Hodgson's linemates are clearly getting just as much from playing with him).

This thread seems to be started because the OP had a WOW moment watching a sweet goal on a solo short-handed effort. Shame certain posters around here can't just dump the lame efforts to bash the kid. Funny too, seeing how the Sedins were first treated as young players (weak, slow, etc.) - you'd think Canuck fans woulda learned by now...

Hodgson has 10 blocked shots. Hamhuis alone has 19 more blocked shots than Hodgson but please do enlighten me with your links to your stats because just the blocked shots alone stat you got wrong, so it's easy to see why you don't have links to back any of your arguments.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 06 March 2013 - 07:06 AM.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#116 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Funny how Buffalo fans beg to differ with what you just said. Funny how also his line is the worst 5 on 5 GA/60 in the entire league. Yeps you're right, that's not bad at all.

The idiocy on CDC....

#117 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hodgson has 10 blocked shots. Hamhuis alone has 19 more blocked shots than Hodgson but please do enlighten me with your links to your stats because just the blocked shots alone stat you got wrong, so it's easy to see why you don't have links to back any of your arguments.

In any case, going back to the actual topic - I ought to have not said "all Canucks", but rather "all Canuck forwards". The stats were taken from the NHL site, looking up forwards only for both Sabres and Cancuks.

As for a link to the NHL site, google is your friend :P

Edited by debluvscanucks, 06 March 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#118 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,927 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

Hodgson is playing on a top line.

When Kassian played a handful of games on the top line he scored 5 goals, and was scoring at the same pace as Hodgson. Then AV takes him off.

If Kassian was being given the same opportunities, his point totals would be much higher. He's also got a year in hand of development for himself though.

Taylor Pyatt scored 20+ with the Sedins as well...

just sayin'

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#119 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,068 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Definately goal of the year so far, better than Malkin's for sure. Hodgson just embarassed 2 Hurricanes with that clutch goal. This guy is headed for all-stardom if not this season than the next. He's around a point-per-game right now, who knows, he might even hit a 90 or 100 point season next year.

We surely could have kept him if MG and AV worked well with him. He simply wanted first line minutes right? He's getting around 18-20 minutes a game in Buffalo playing with Vanek and Pominville right now. If MG and AV knew how to bargain, they would have told him that he'd be getting those minutes in Vancouver on our 2nd line with guys like Booth and Raymond. Kesler laps up around that much time on our 2nd line anyway.

Give him another season and he would have been our #1 center, the Sedins would take our 2nd line spots and we'd have the deepest offence in the league.
Posted Image

#120 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 28,201 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

Please stick to the topic without all the insults. I've done clean up with warnings/suspensions applied to some...expect more of the same if it continues.

As for the goal: great stuff - happy for Cody that he's finding success. Beautiful goal...it just looked like it had been slowed right down...how he was able to stick handle in like that without blazing speed, to me, says just as much about the guys trying to defend against him. Wow - fail.

But with the way he left here and an obvious "stage father", a lot of pressure was on him to really prove himself and I am glad that he is able to do that, even if it isn't here.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.