The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 - Sharks 3 (SO)

hockeyville88

I was at the game all I could see was SJ players pushing Ballard out of the way with ease to screen Schneider.

On the other end of the Ice you see Burrows desperately battling huge D men keeping him from gaining position to bang in a rebound.

Sedins need to shoot unexpectadly more, otherwise the PP goes limp as D can block out rebounds or any shot from down low.

Without Edler one timing shots the PP isn't going to score.

I can see why Ballard is useless in AV's mind, the guy doesn't do anything suprising with the puck, he takes forever to make a pass and he can't shoot at all.

The Defence is the key to Av's system and with Edler and Ballard being inconsistent we're not going to get the 3rd and 4th goals we should of had tonight.

We need Gudbranson paired with Edler, Luongo deal has to happen soon imo, GM knows what he wants.

At the start of the shootout, I saw Henrik and Daniel standing beside the bench and I thought for a moment, wow both Sedins are gonna take a shot? Thought maybe they practiced it. Nope.

It's sad how our 1 shootout goal today is better than what we get most nights..

Don't blame Edler for playing poorly. Every player players poorly during the course of the season.

It's the coaching staff that continues to give him top minutes. I'm guessing they hope that he'll just play his way out of the slump. That kind of goes against their "best players will get ice time" philosophy though.

Looking back, I agree about "he can't score goals" - it's not a great statement. But he's mixed his lines more this year than he has EVER in the last few years. He's trying to get them going.

I also think Schroeder should be centering the 3rd line, but is that going to make Booth score more? It didn't a few games ago when he was there. Is that going to ignite Burrows into scoring more?

At some point, the players need to wake up and figure it out. They're not rookies, this isn't their 1st rodeo, it's a short season and it's half way over. They need to score more goals or they're not going to win games.

I agree the players do need to hold some accountability, but i dont think av is utilizing them properly either.

Schroeder was given part of one game, lapierre has really contributed nothing to that line the last 3 games now, the lines dont make sense. I do think kassian and booth would get going because that line would benefit from a fast skater who dishes the puck well and distributes it to them. Lapierre does not pass, and is very slow moving up ice with his new muscle. Defensively i dont know where his head is at either, the other evening someone pointed out in calgary kassian had to cover for him of all people.

Well technically he's not a 5 million dollar defenseman yet. And he's not even one next season. He makes 3.25 mil in the first year of his deal.

I could find quite a few defenseman who make over 3.25 million who play much worse than Edler is right now; on a full time basis.

Just saying, cut him some slack. He's struggling, but he's not the one who's choosing for him to play so many minutes. Hamhuis and Garrison are just as capable of playing those top minutes.

I know about Schroeder, I agree. In fact, I think most people agree. The only reason I can think of is Lappys a more responsible centre than Schroeder and better in face offs. You know how AV operates, he needs that one guy he can trust on every line. It ain't David Booth and it sure ain't Kassian.

Lappys been a bit off this year, but still effective defensivly. The weight he added this summer has slowed him down immensely IMO and he hasn't been able to pivot as well.

Lol. I hear ya. That's the thing about AV, he's very predictable because of his deployments. It's been documented numerous times over the last few years, he's a very unique coach in that sense. So over time you can see patterns and you can see his thinking. It's pretty much the gimme reason as to why Lappys there and not Schroeder IMO - as much as none of us like it.

I see what you are saying but I feel like AV hasnt put Shroeder in a position to succeed. Shorider has done a great job of playing defensively and backchecking that AV thinks for some strange reason, that is Shroeder's strngth.

Shroder should be with guys like Kassian and Booth, big fast guys with hand that he can set up.

There's a reason he clicked so well with JVR for team USA. But hey what do I know...

Maybe playing with Weise is best for his development

Our special teams are ugh.... I can't even remember the last power play goal....

It feels like every game were being out coached and our so picks are awful.

At this rate we shall see a first round exit if we even make it to the first round.

I honestly don't get why people are complaining. Yeah we lost this game and the last, but these past 3 games have been a few of our best so far. Everyone expects to win every night, but that isn't going to happen so deal with it. I do agree that Edler has looked horrible, but just like Garrison struggled in the beginning with the expectations I think the same goes for Edler. Just give him some time.

Archived