The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 - Sharks 3 (SO)

hockeyville88

What a game. I think I stopped breathing at least 5 times during that one!

PP came close but needs to finish better

Not a fan of Schroeder (or any other fwd) playing the point on the PP. Gosh we miss Bieksa

Glad Hank is ok after being hit in the face by the puck. After what happened to Marc Staal, that freaked me out.

Liking the chemistry of the Hansen, Higgins, Raymond trio

Edler was horrid again. He's been the benefactor of 2 big contracts from the Canucks but he's starting to creep into the "overrated" category

Booth is the biggest waste of money. It's a shame he makes $4 mill to do that.

Canucks have to score more than once in the shootout. These loser points could be the difference in a more competitive division. Even in the NW, Minny is making a push. We have to collect more points in the shootouts.

I have no proof to back this up, but I have a pretty good source that has told me that there are those within management that believe coach V has to go , and there are those who still believe he is still the guy .. If the team keeps playing this way dont be surprised if theres a change ..everyone is disposable ..

Dude are you kidding?

They played a hard, energetic game and had a TON of shots, many blocked and alot of chances on the PP. Niemi played well and won the game..

PP needs a change and I think something as simple as this will work,

Sedins/Kassian

Edler /May Ray(until Bieksa is back)

Sedins and Kass have chemistry and he creates more traffic in front than anyone, which gives them room

Edler has the bomb

May Ray has a quick release in traffic and can get on loose pucks and has great recovery speed if we get caught on a SH/ odd man

Higgins/Schroeder/Burrows

Garrison/Hammer

I'm not even going to delve into AV's logic for picking shooters for the S/O. Just a couple of things:

1) Edler I have your jersey, stop making me regret buying it.

2) Powerplay is so bad that it gives up more goals than it produces.

3) Powerplay?? What is a powerplay??

4) Powerplay

5) Killer instinct. The Canucks have NONE.

the posts people coming up with right now is crap can't even see the fact the team played great can't even see the other goalie stole a game all you wanna do is hit the panic button make claims that the coach gm and water boy need to be fired while trading every player on the team that should get us wins

were playing better and deserved the win tonight but the fact we loss is no reason to go full panic like this board is doing right now

No they would announce he was injured so no one would suspect when AV staples him to the bench in the 3rd. Then rather than have to face any scrutiny for scratching him, the bonus is that Gillis then can put him on LTIR for the remainder of the regular season (only to have him miraculously healthy right at playoff time) and get cap space to trade for another few plugs at the deadline taht Av wants so badly......

Okay, I am being facetious.......I know he may really be injured but would anyone really be all that surprised if it miraculously played out this way?

i guess people can't be happy without a win they expect the team to go 48-0 or 82-0 and 4-4 on the pp don't forget 3-3 on the pk giving up no goals

the team played great and deserved a win but like i said and what people fail to realize here is NIemi stole this game

Archived