321 replies to this topic

#271 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Lol. I hear ya. That's the thing about AV, he's very predictable because of his deployments. It's been documented numerous times over the last few years, he's a very unique coach in that sense. So over time you can see patterns and you can see his thinking. It's pretty much the gimme reason as to why Lappys there and not Schroeder IMO - as much as none of us like it.

And if we as fans can see it, can't other coaching staffs also see it....and exploit it? They can, and they have.

#272 gaydar

gaydar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

POPULAR

I see what you are saying but I feel like AV hasnt put Shroeder in a position to succeed. Shorider has done a great job of playing defensively and backchecking that AV thinks for some strange reason, that is Shroeder's strngth.

Shroder should be with guys like Kassian and Booth, big fast guys with hand that he can set up.

There's a reason he clicked so well with JVR for team USA. But hey what do I know...

Maybe playing with Weise is best for his development

It takes talent to spell a guy's name 3 different ways in 1 post.

#273 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Our special teams are ugh.... I can't even remember the last power play goal....

It feels like every game were being out coached and our so picks are awful.

At this rate we shall see a first round exit if we even make it to the first round.
Posted Image

#274 nizzy10

nizzy10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

I don't know what to say after that game enough said

#275 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

And if we as fans can see it, can't other coaching staffs also see it....and exploit it? They can, and they have.

That's a different story for a different day, lol. But I agree yes.

#276 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,528 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

If we can't capitalize on a PP in OT then I'm not sure we deserve that extra point. Especially when the call made was a pretty BS one for the Sharks.

Is anyone else just waiting for a complete coaching overhaul?

#277 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

Can we get Bieksa on the same prayer-list as Hossa so he can come back immediately?
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#278 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

Pathetic that we couldn't capitalize on 3rd period/ OT PP's.
Posted Image

#279 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

God would I love to see Keith Ballard get a shift on the pp one day.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#280 MM16

MM16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

I honestly don't get why people are complaining. Yeah we lost this game and the last, but these past 3 games have been a few of our best so far. Everyone expects to win every night, but that isn't going to happen so deal with it. I do agree that Edler has looked horrible, but just like Garrison struggled in the beginning with the expectations I think the same goes for Edler. Just give him some time.

If we're playing some of our best and still losing, what does that say? Our best isn't good enough.

#281 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Niemi played a great game for the Sharks, two of their plugs score, 'plugs'!!! Gomez has 3 goals since 2011. Come on. AV needs to change up his shootout lineup ASAP. Put in Schroeder & Kass, staple Edlers butt to the bench. Way too much passing on the PP in OT. And yes, Garrison needs to be slotted in to the PP, see how it works, but instead of playing up high in the slot come in, & hopefully either Sedin can get him the puck. Too much outside passing when we need some pucks shot in and some garbage goals on the PP, there is not even remotely close to any garbage goals from players on our team.

#282 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,489 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

I can sum up this season so far with a comparison...I now know how the Flames fans have been feeling for the last 3 years...

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#283 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

I'm really impressed with how Hansen this season just like I am every season but this guy is Mr. Consistency, his line was awesome last night!!!!

#284 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Av why you no put Raymond in shoot out?!?!?
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#285 Nordiques_fan

Nordiques_fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Time to trade one of our goalies. Don't care which one. Bring us something good.

Edited by Nordiques_fan, 06 March 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#286 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

I don't know what to say after that game enough said

That I believe :picard:

#287 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

- Garrison looking good, as did Hamhuis, I liked that pairing.

- Edler struggled early but got better as the game went along, thought he was fine near the end of the game

- Barker looked solid aside from a few blunders here and there, Ballard stepped up and had a real nice game

- I actually liked Schroeder on the PP, everyone wants a PP guy like Visnovsky but I think Schroeder fills that role fine, he is a great passer and him being a right handed shot is just a bonus, that PP at the end was one of the best I have seen all year, should keep that unit together.

- Schneider with a great game, Niemi too, he was a brick wall.

- Booth with another strong game, just cant buy one. Although if he continues that goals will come, though Kassian was not bad either, although they should put Schroeder on that line instead, Max really hasn't been all that impressive with them IMO

- Hansen with a great game, Raymond and Higgins also played very well.

- AV with more dumb decisions in the shootout, aside from that & the start I thought we played a real strong game though and carried the play for more of it. Deserved the 2 points.

Great points, except the one on Edler. He might have made somewhat less dumb plays towards the end, but that's more of a measure of how awful he was throughout the game. Also, you may want to recall his penalty in the final minutes, the game could have ended right there.

#288 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

That's the best game I've seen them play in a while now........better than the LA game, imo. Lots of jump, outworked the Sharks badly, hard on the forecheck, just couldn't beat Niemi.

Schneids let in a soft one on the Burish shot, but played very well otherwise. If he can string some games together, looks like he's found his game.

#289 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

That's the best game I've seen them play in a while now........better than the LA game, imo. Lots of jump, outworked the Sharks badly, hard on the forecheck, just couldn't beat Niemi.

Schneids let in a soft one on the Burish shot, but played very well otherwise. If he can string some games together, looks like he's found his game.

If Cory can string together 3 or 4 coin toss wins!!

The funny thing is that although AV was trying to make a joke about the coin toss he coaches like he is making his choices by pulling names out of a hat (for lines and shoot outs) or flipping a coin.

Edit: he may have a pet monkey that's coaching the team, that's why he says nothing on the bench and just chews his gum.... Or is AV MG's pet monkey?

Edited by Nino, 06 March 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#290 taib mahmud

taib mahmud

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

After a few more games Canucks will be in "fighting for a p/off spot" mode. That familiar lose 3 win 1 series will put them out of contention.

This team has absolutely no consistency !!

#291 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,489 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

What a great picture of Schneider's great save!

Posted Image

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#292 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

If the Canucks took their shootouts seriously this season, we would be up 8 points on Minny instead of 3.... Now that's all hindsight but still.

#293 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

That second line was phenomenal

Then av decided to take Hansen off to start the third and replace with burrows... WTF COME ON MAN .... WHY WOULD U DISECT A LINE THAT WAS DOIMG SO WELL WHY??? then he put them back together ...FFS JUST LET THEM PLAY IF THEYRE DOING WELL

if he wanted to try someone other than burr on the first line he could have switched him with kass ..not destroy the second like for 3 quarters of the 3rd period
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#294 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,383 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Anyone liked what they saw in Ballard and Barker? I know Barker almost ended the game for the Canucks last night with that giveaway, but I really liked that pairing. Anyone else feel the same?

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#295 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Our special teams are ugh.... I can't even remember the last power play goal....

It feels like every game were being out coached and our so picks are awful.

At this rate we shall see a first round exit if we even make it to the first round.

When will fan accept that this is what the canucks are about, a team that is likely to make the playoffs because and no more. They have 11 wins and 11 losses in 22 games, have score d63 and given up 61. This is what it is, average. IN terms of being a cup contender, this team has some many holes, only a blind fan can claim that this is a cup contender. When your #2 center is either a damaged Kesler or ???, that's a problem. When you have no #1 D, that's a problem. When your #3 center is Lapierre, that's a problem. and the list goes on.

#296 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Anyone liked what they saw in Ballard and Barker? I know Barker almost ended the game for the Canucks last night with that giveaway, but I really liked that pairing. Anyone else feel the same?

Barker also got the team 1 point by (inadvertantly) blocking that last minute shot. That being said, I didn't have a problem with that pairing last night. They were mostly quiet but thats what you want from a 3rd pairing.

#297 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

When will fan accept that this is what the canucks are about, a team that is likely to make the playoffs because and no more. They have 11 wins and 11 losses in 22 games, have score d63 and given up 61. This is what it is, average. IN terms of being a cup contender, this team has some many holes, only a blind fan can claim that this is a cup contender. When your #2 center is either a damaged Kesler or ???, that's a problem. When you have no #1 D, that's a problem. When your #3 center is Lapierre, that's a problem. and the list goes on.

Wow, pretty bleak stuff here. Have some faith, the team is largely the same from the 2011 run. True, there are some holes and I agree they need to be addressed, but get off the ledge and chill out.

#298 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Wow, pretty bleak stuff here. Have some faith, the team is largely the same from the 2011 run. True, there are some holes and I agree they need to be addressed, but get off the ledge and chill out.

It may be the largely the same players, but it is far from the same team. The loss of Malhotra has hurt us on faceoffs and defensively, when Kesler is healthy he can't focus on just offense anymore. The loss of Ehrhoff has hurt our breakout, the team is now easily stifled by an aggressive forecheck. The loss of Salo leaves us with only two right-handed shots, and the lack of a calming presence to play with Edler.

I really do believe the window has shut on this group, and they won't have another chance until guys like Jensen, Kassian, Tanev, Corrado and co. are the ones leading the charge. The division isn't a gimme this season, and they are still failing to find any motivation to play the way we have seen them play. It's been a nice run, but it's time to hit reset in the off-season; new coaches, let the young guys try and make an impact, etc. The Canucks were built for an NHL that was about speed, skill, and making teams pay on the PP. The NHL is not going in that direction anymore.
Posted Image

#299 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

It may be the largely the same players, but it is far from the same team. The loss of Malhotra has hurt us on faceoffs and defensively, when Kesler is healthy he can't focus on just offense anymore. The loss of Ehrhoff has hurt our breakout, the team is now easily stifled by an aggressive forecheck. The loss of Salo leaves us with only two right-handed shots, and the lack of a calming presence to play with Edler.

I really do believe the window has shut on this group, and they won't have another chance until guys like Jensen, Kassian, Tanev, Corrado and co. are the ones leading the charge. The division isn't a gimme this season, and they are still failing to find any motivation to play the way we have seen them play. It's been a nice run, but it's time to hit reset in the off-season; new coaches, let the young guys try and make an impact, etc. The Canucks were built for an NHL that was about speed, skill, and making teams pay on the PP. The NHL is not going in that direction anymore.

Fair. I think the loss of Erhoff actually hurts the most. Canucks offense has been much too one-dimensional ever since. Also, Salo's consitency on the back end is sorely missed. Trade Lui to Tampa and throw Salo in the return package, haha

#300 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,262 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Anyone liked what they saw in Ballard and Barker?  I know Barker almost ended the game for the Canucks last night with that giveaway, but I really liked that pairing.  Anyone else feel the same?

Barker also saved the Canucks a point when he blocked a shot late in the game. He's been fine.

Hopefully Ballard's injury isn't serious.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.